Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

1 hour ago, kendo said:

A question - the oil radiator control doesn't seem to be working for me. Specs say oil and water are manually controlled?

They're both controlled with the water radiator commands.

• Thanks 1

Dev. Blog item #48    Thank You!!!!!    

Proof that patience wins the day and renewing my confidence that the IL-2 team is absolutely dedicated to leaving no bug un-squashed!!!!!   It might not be possible to get them all but, I have no worries that with time, the majority of known bugs will be reviewed and effort will be given towards correcting them.  

Received value for money spent is extremely good from my honest opinion!   

The one thing (amongst a whole litany of items) that continues to make Jason’s dev teams unique to me is their constant striving for perfection. I don’t see this much (if at all) from other developers. You’d think they’d be satisfied with a certain aspect of the sim and leave it well enough alone but nnoooo. Just when you think they’ve got things right, they set the bar higher for themselves - AND DELIVER.

Hah...and to think years ago I thought with the advent of the console sales surging that the hardcore sim gaming on the PC was doomed. I’m am soooo glad I was wrong. Can’t wait to see these cockpits with the new G2. Good times indeed.

• Upvote 2

I flew some quick missions with the Hurricane and she does handle great.  

However when trying to start a campaign in either the Moscow or Stalingrad map I cannot get the Hurricane to show up?  How does one start a Hurricane campaign.

and yes I do have it

2 minutes ago, Taxman said:

However when trying to start a campaign in either the Moscow or Stalingrad map I cannot get the Hurricane to show up?  How does one start a Hurricane campaign.

and yes I do have it

The Hurricane may only be present after certain dates or during certain phases of the battle.

1 minute ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I am wondering what changes are made to the FM, in the 109 k4 there is a heavy buffeting sound (super annoying) effect where it did not exist before. The plane feels heavier too.

Noticed the same in the Dora.

• Thanks 1

I did read thorough all the updates in TC but I am still missing a readme/how to or manual on how to make the various functions work to me advantage or when AI in my own tank or other  tanks in my company will take over or how to properly use binocs etc. etc .etc. Is there a manual I just have somehow missed?

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Hurricane is by far my favourite collectiors plane. A superb job from all concerned. Many thanks to the team. 

This make me very happy. Good work team, I hope and believe . Hope I be able to test this weekend

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

The Hurricane may only be present after certain dates or during certain phases of the battle.

I have already double checked.  Does anyone have a Hurricane campaign up and going?

20 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I have already double checked.  Does anyone have a Hurricane campaign up and going?

Using the filters on the left-hand side of the squadron selection screen will show you when and where it is available.

Edited by LukeFF
3 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

"You've made me so very happy"

Wow, nostalgia. Used to sing this to my girlfriend - now my wife. Long time ago.

G-effect changes are so very, very welcome. Thank you Jason! 

I do feel that spotting is still very slightly off (not new, has been for  a while and the spotting patch did help), but then again Rift CV1 starting to get super dated. I do notice that the screen is much clearer even when just mirroring VR view - so investigating that on my end.

Can't wait to fly the hurri! 

S!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Great update, really looking forward to new physiology model... And Hurricane ofcourse.

Just: 29. USAAF pilots wear G-suits only when piloting P-47D-22, P-51D-15 and P-38J-25 in September 1944 or later;

I think do it as "plane modification" would be much clearer and transparent solution. This can lead to some MP server hidden machinations...

Just to clarify - the P-47D-28 pilots don't have G-suits even after Sep 1944?

Or they have G-suits at all times?

Or it's just missing detail from the log?

5 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I have no issue with visibility. I would add It's been a great change and better than other sims at the moment. (Unless we are counting those pieces of software which use ideas from last decade). 

Many players have modified so much the game when this was a problem that nowadays the game might be broken for them.

I am fairly new here but have a couple thousand hours in many other sims.  I do not understand or see where there is a change view setting.  What does the new one do that the old setting doesn't?  Thanks. 

Great update guys . I voted as being happy with the old G force modelling but have to say the new version definitely feels much better to me . The Hurricane was my first pre-order which was a long wait, but I think well worth it . Just pre-ordered Bon on the back of this update. Great work, looking forward to the next update.

29 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Small question, is there a way to turn on the other one too or is it just left out of the game?

No, only the left-hand one can be turned on.

38 minutes ago, Dan_Taipan said:

Just to clarify - the P-47D-28 pilots don't have G-suits even after Sep 1944?

Or they have G-suits at all times?

Or it's just missing detail from the log?

It's just a typo.

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I think that the spotting and aircraft visibility is very poor in normal or default graphics configuration at present date in game... .even after the last improvement.. If you are sure that the spoting and visibility is fine for you, plese tell us your recommended graphics configuration. 
Thanks you in advance.

This seems like a setting issue. I see contacts for miles. I run at my full ultra wide screen resolution.

Try turning AA off.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Taxman said:

and yes I do have it

The Hurricane joins the fray later in Moscow, for the early phases of the career the aircraft is not available, if you check each phase of the career in sequence you will find that eventually the P-40 turns up and lastly the Hurricane for the lend lease types as the conflict moves from defensive to offensive.;)

When you see the aircraft is available you then have to scroll through each squadron to find a Hurricane unit, end of the list following all the earlier Russian stuff.:drinks:

The Hurricane is gorgeous, thank you very much to all involved in adding this iconic aircraft, really appreciated.:cool::drink2:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
6 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I´am able to see a yellow T-6 Texan in a sunny day from 2 km, and the glare of the canopies reflecting the sunlight from 10 km or more in real life. It is impossible in game, even silvered P-51 or P-47, etc. are matte in game, they almost didn't reflecting the light of the sun.

This is DEFINATELY your settings.

Turn AA off - AA blurs edges and when the contact is a pixle you see through it. With AA off I see contacts move from one pixle to another. It draws my eye to the movement.

Turn colour vibrancy in invidia settings up.

sharpen landscape filter

Use the physical buttons on the bottom of your monitor. I have FPS1, FPS2, 2 custom settings, TV, photo etc etc. Each setting changes the image. Not one setting works best for all maps light conditions. Some make the image high contrast some wash out the colours. All have their place depending on the map maker.

Without exaggerating on my ultrawide monitor I see things up to 20km out.

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper

Hmm, going to be lots of surprised pilots when they decide to dis the Macchi, it's fairly well armed as of today.  Nice and effective alternative to the Axis side.  Having fun lighting up Hurri's with it, took a Hurri up for a test flight or two, nice work, a bit slow for my tastes, running or catching isn't much of an option, you stand and hold if you can.  Not going to be a loner friendly fighter so bring friends.

• Upvote 1

Hurri and Dakota. As I was wondering. We are now waiting for the paratroopers 😉

And we now need the Normandy map to let them both express themselves.

Everything sounds nice in this update. I’m now waiting in eager for testing all of that.

and what makes me more than happy with 4.502 is that I guess you are working hard on the Mossie and P51b

Thanks for these improvements 

22 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I am wondering what changes are made to the FM, in the 109 k4 there is a heavy buffeting sound (super annoying) effect where it did not exist before. The plane feels heavier too.

Hi!

With the new model, pilot body can tolerate more G loads therefore it doesn't affect your hearing as much... meaning you can hear the buffeting louder. The extra height is a placebo that comes from the louder buffeting sound.

Can this be it?

~S~

PS: @Devs thanks for the update.

Edited by JG27_M-C
4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Using the filters on the left-hand side of the squadron selection screen will show you when and where it is available.

Thanks but I have already done that.  For both the Moscow and Stalingrad campaign the Hurricane does not appear.  I am able to fly the Hurricane in quick missions, which means I do have it.  I rechecked the left-hand side of the squadron selection and it does not appear, do I have a faulty install?  I am stumped!!!

8 hours ago, ACG_PapaBear said:

is only one out of two landing lights suppose to be working on hurricane? or second one is decorative only?

That's the simulation of Britain's world-renowned Lucas electronics, "The Prince of Darkness", for you.  The level of details and authenticity provided by this dev team is endless. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Han unpinned this topic