Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Han

Just had a quick look at the Hurricane in game: it is beautifully done!  Not a glamorous plane, but an important early and mid war work horse.  

A really good collector choice. Thanks team.  

• Upvote 5

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
23 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We've already changed the visibility in a previous update. No further changes are planned.

Jason

I think that the spotting and aircraft visibility is very poor in normal or default graphics configuration at present date in game... .even after the last improvement.. If you are sure that the spoting and visibility is fine for you, plese tell us your recommended graphics configuration. 
Thanks you in advance.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

28. 13mm German and 12.7mm Italian machine guns are no longer loaded with HE ammo only due to a bug;

Poor MC202 got neutered even more now ūüėĄ¬† However, dare I say the MC202 will be capable of delivering a PK from the dead 6?

Great news for the reds in regards to 109's 13mm, it is a devastating weapon for such a small caliber.

AFAIK MC202 was carrying AP only, now it should be as specified. (He/Ap?)

• Upvote 1

"Ground AI vehicles return the turret and/or gun to the traveling position only after a considerable time after the destruction or disappearance of the last enemy target from the field of view"

Like that one. Thanks for that and the blackout overhaul¬†ūüėÄ

• Upvote 1

SAS_Storebror
Just now, 216th_Jordan said:

AFAIK MC202 was carrying AP only, now it should be as specified. (He/Ap?)

That line in the changelog is slightly confusing indeed.

German 13mm carried HE only where it was supposed to be AP (or API) only, whereas Mc.202 carried AP only where it was supposed to be AP/HE.

If that changelog line means what it says, then nothing changed for the Macchi and only the German 13mm joins the "knock-on devices" group.

:drinks:

Mike

1 minute ago, SAS_Storebror said:

That line in the changelog is slightly confusing indeed.

German 13mm carried HE only where it was supposed to be AP (or API) only, whereas Mc.202 carried AP only where it was supposed to be AP/HE.

If that changelog line means what it says, then nothing changed for the Macchi and only the German 13mm joins the "knock-on devices" group.

Mike

MC202 ammo type available in game shows AP/HE, blue/orange. It seems there was a bug that made every single shot an HE, so they're fixing it to make it an AP/HE mix.

It’s a small detail but I’m glad the gear doors on the Mustang won’t get ripped off as easily as before. The rest of the update looks great. 

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
7 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I think that the spotting and aircraft visibility is very poor in normal or default graphics configuration at present date in game... .even after the last improvement.. If you are sure that the spoting and visibility is fine for you, plese tell us your recommended graphics configuration. 
Thanks you in advance.

If you don't like our default spotting use the alternate setting, that's what it's there for. We are making no more changes to spotting in the foreseeable future. The large majority of users are now much happier with our new implementation.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 30

6 minutes ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

MC202 ammo type available in game shows AP/HE, blue/orange. It seems there was a bug that made every single shot an HE, so they're fixing it to make it an AP/HE mix.

It was AP only previously.

• Upvote 1

SAS_Storebror
10 minutes ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

Eh... no sir.

It should have been AP/HE as shown in the game, but as a matter of fact, it was AP only.

And the changelog line refers to the guns being loaded with "HE only due to a bug", which has never been the case.

4 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

It was AP only previously.

Exactly.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Anyone having problems with dserver? On the Combat Box live server it just exits as soon as we try to load our SDS. We have re-saved our maps for the new version and added the Hurricane. Anything else we should do, delete log files or otherwise clean up?

(Edit: Fixed by deleting dserver*.log from the bin folder).

Also thanks for an awesome patch. Hurri + G model, nice.

Edited by Alonzo

6./ZG26_5tuka
51 minutes ago, ACG_PapaBear said:

is only one out of two landing lights suppose to be working on hurricane? or second one is decorative only?

The pilot could switch between either of them. They could not be turned on simultaneously.

2144450020_Hurricanelandinglightoperation.jpg.2c1b9dd1da046a947062f7740603ac68.jpg

1515994870_Hurricanelandinglightoperation2.jpg.0d41f88e58faca5b4b9ae8e92d063caa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the update looks great! I'm working from home right now had to bring the gaming PC upstairs to watch my daughter...so no flying for me until next week. I'll live vicariously through your videos and screenshots until then.

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
14 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

If you don't like our default spotting use the alternate setting, that's what it's there for. We are making no more changes to spotting in the foreseeable future. The large majority of users are now much happier with our new implementation.

We can NOT use "alternate visibility " in MULTIPLAYER servers you most know it. .. unless it was activated in the server, but usually it is not in "expert" mode servers.
If you still thinking that visibility is good, please write here your recommended graphics configuration,  for saw the yellow nose of an aircraft at half mile in the game as we can do in reality.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

We can NOT use "alternate visibility " in MULTIPLAYER servers you most know it. .. unless it was activated in the server, but usually it is not in "expert" mode servers.
If you still thinking that visibility is good, please write here your recommended graphics configuration,  for saw the yellow nose of an aircraft at half mile in the game as we can do in reality.

I have no issue with visibility. I would add It's been a great change and better than other sims at the moment. (Unless we are counting those pieces of software which use ideas from last decade). 

Many players have modified so much the game when this was a problem that nowadays the game might be broken for them.

• Upvote 4

Did a quick test flight.¬†New physics are great. no more¬†"sudden" 20 sec blackouts¬†ūüôą...and the Hurricane rocks with all those loadout optionsūüėé.

Thanks!  

GOA_FirebirdCRI_VR

Thanks Jason and the developer team! , falling in love with those Bf110 4k  textures in VR!.

2 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Excellent update. Entirely happy.

Saddened by some posts in this thread.

Same here, I'm very happy with the update.

The Hurricane's FM is spot on I think (I never flew one myself irl but it just feels right).

Have a nice day.

:salute:

A great update, actually. Many thanks. Unfortunately for me there is also a very big disappointment. Why were the ineffective cal. 0.5 and the almost indestructible 109 not fixed?

That leaves me and many others really at a loss.
Sorry for my negative statement.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Anyone having problems with dserver? On the Combat Box live server it just exits as soon as we try to load our SDS. We have re-saved our maps for the new version and added the Hurricane. Anything else we should do, delete log files or otherwise clean up?

Fixed my own problem by deleting dserver*.log from the bin directory.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Yesssssss. Please tell me the Hurricane is available on all maps on CB right now! 

17 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Eh... no sir.

It should have been AP/HE as shown in the game, but as a matter of fact, it was AP only.

And the changelog line refers to the guns being loaded with "HE only due to a bug", which has never been the case.

Exactly.

Mike

oh wow, that probably didn't help the poor damage potential on that plane?

The Hurricane is a gem in every way - cockpit quality, skins, loadout and mods. Love it! You have really nailed the character of the aircraft.

I feel a Moscow campaign coming on....

Incredible turning circle! (expected it to be good, but wow...!) Good thing we have slightly more forgiving G-limits.

And the new G-effects are superb.

A very BIG thank you.¬†ūüĎ欆

Edited by kendo

19 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Eh... no sir.

Exactly.

Mike

I'm thoroughly confused, which frankly happens too often, but please bear with me.

In the MC202 load-out there are 2 weapons:

- 12.7 Breda that shows blue/orange belt, i.e. AP/HE

- 7.7 that shows only blue belt, i.e. AP only

The devs stated that due to a bug the 12.7 was loaded with HE only (instead of AP/HE), hence it'll be corrected to AP/HE.

How did you conclude that 12.7 was firing AP only?

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
6 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I have no issue with visibility. I would add It's been a great change and better than other sims at the moment. (Unless we are counting those pieces of software which use ideas from last decade). 

Many players have modified so much the game when this was a problem that nowadays the game might be broken for them.

I¬īam able to see a yellow T-6 Texan in a sunny day from 2 km, and the glare of the canopies reflecting the sunlight from 10 km or more in real life. It is impossible in game, even silvered P-51 or P-47, etc. are matte in game, they almost didn't reflecting the light of the sun.

• Like 2

71st_AH_Mastiff
12 minutes ago, RFG_Hisl said:

A great update, actually. Many thanks. Unfortunately for me there is also a very big disappointment. Why were the ineffective cal. 0.5 and the almost indestructible 109 not fixed?

That leaves me and many others really at a loss.
Sorry for my negative statement.

"if you utilize the K14 gun sight as it was meant to be; you can saw off BF109 wings with ease."

• Confused 1

Roland_HUNter
1 hour ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

44. Incorrect (missing) armor value of the armored glass visor and headrest has been fixed for La-5FN;

Awesome!

28. 13mm German and 12.7mm Italian machine guns are no longer loaded with HE ammo only due to a bug;

Poor MC202 got neutered even more now ūüėĄ¬† However, dare I say the MC202 will be capable of delivering a PK from the dead 6?

Great news for the reds in regards to 109's 13mm, it is a devastating weapon for such a small caliber.

48. The A-20B tail lamp no longer visibly detaches from the aircraft at a significant distance from the observer;

It was a long wait for this fix. Excellent, kudos to devs!

Poor MC202 had only AP in the previous patch, now it is a verry good plane!

Mitthrawnuruodo
9 minutes ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

The devs stated that due to a bug the 12.7 was loaded with HE only (instead of AP/HE), hence it'll be corrected to AP/HE.

How did you conclude that 12.7 was firing AP only?

The update notes are incorrect. In previous versions, the MC.202 was firing AP only.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SAS_Storebror said:

It's incredible to see how game breaking showstopper issues like the indestructible 109 tail and the completely nerfed, ineffective cal .50s remain untouched for more than seven months (!!!) now.

Yeah, that is the single most problem at the moment.

Hurricane also misses incendiary rounds for the .303 Brownings.

Apart from that - I'm super impressed by the great work delivered today! :)

11 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

"if you utilize the K14 gun sight as it was meant to be; you can saw off BF109 wings with ease."

Yeah, because this was historically the only way to shoot down one of them -  Finding the only weak sport in their impenetrable armor by aiming for the thin wings from dead six...

Edited by airacobrafan
  • Upvote 1

• Han unpinned this topic