Research help needed (VVS squadron organisation/other infos)

Salute Community!

Again I need your research assistance. I'm currently still building my P40 singleplayer campaign. The campaign itself is semi-historical and deals with a fictional P40 unit, wich was thrown against the advancing enemy forces in the area of Velikije Luki Juli/August 1941. Howewer, frontlines and single battles are historical and taken out of the german war lecture I have here (e.G. War Diary of the "Oberkommando der Wehrmacht", etc..). 

Sadly, I have absolutely no information about VVS structures and as I have very few time due to my job and my child, I need your assistance or advice here. 

To begin with, I have 3 questions: 

1.) Currently, the sovjet flights are organized as 3-ship-formations, since I've read about this sturcture somewehre. Am I right here? So 3 fighters in a flight instead of 4?

2.) IF they had radio comms 1941 (and they have in my campaign), what kind of historical accurate sovjet callsigns do you know about? 

3.) Looking at the Numbers painted on sovjet planes, I ask myself how they where assigned. Does anyone have any information about the numbers painted on the planes? I would love to make a whole skin-set for the campaign. 

Thank you very much for helping me out, 

Hunger