What gun? What tank?

Thank you !

I crashed with my Bf 109 E-3 close to this AAA position I was strafing. But this happened south of Dieppe, in France, with the French still fighting the Germans on June the 5th, 1940. Maybe the game lacks of French tanks and guns and this is why TF#3 chose to use that Cruiser and that Bofors. No worries, I'll not be too picky with that... or maybe the French really had Cruiser tanks and Boffors AAA guns...

Displacement of the BEF (SW of Dieppe) is correct for the time period/location of events after the evacuation from Dunkirk, with their surrender - for those that were not Evac by sea (BEF and local French forces) around the 12 June 1940.

4 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

Displacement of the BEF (SW of Dieppe) is correct for the time period/location of events after the evacuation from Dunkirk, with their surrender - for those that were not Evac by sea (BEF and local French forces) around the 12 June 1940.

Do you mean that in 1940, from 5 June to 12 June, there still were British positions in continental France while Dunkirk was already taken by the Germans? Do you mean the very last evacuation of such British men and equipment happened south-east of Dunkirk in the very last days before the fall of France?

2 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Do you mean that in 1940, from 5 June to 12 June, there still were British positions in continental France while Dunkirk was already taken by the Germans? Do you mean the very last evacuation of such British men and equipment happened south-east of Dunkirk in the very last days before the fall of France?

In answer to your questions, yes to your first query and it was in the south west to your second query. In short there was a second expeditionary force sent to France (a post war term - 2nd BEF) around early June 1940.

4June-12June1940-Fall_Rot.thumb.jpg.0ef5bff2bd3cef6c49a2bb3050f72a96.jpg

Do a search on-line, if you don't have book references. 

• Thanks 1

Dunkirk evacuation is famous because was overall, a success.

But Calais, La Havre, St Nazaire, Brest, Nantes not.

Oficial evacuation of British troops from France end in June, 25.

But up to August groups left behind continue escaping though Mediterranean ports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Expeditionary_Force_(World_War_II)#Second_BEF

"For every seven soldiers who escaped through Dunkirk, one man was left behind as a prisoner of war."

Maybe the game lacks of French tanks and guns and this is why TF#3 chose to use that Cruiser and that Bofors. 

Indeed, the game have few French materiel, basically some French tanks captured by Germans.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1