Rock you like a Hurricane!

1 hour ago, BCI-Nazgul said:

It will be OK in early war maps.  Can't be too much worse than the P-40, right?  I think the real fun will be ground attack with the 40mm.

Hurri is slower, but it has good looks and pazazz going for him compared to P-40 comined also that at 15$ for technicly 4 airplanes its crazy not to get it now when it comes to game.

2 hours ago, airacobrafan said:

Always great and exciting when developers miss deadlines they set themselves without outside pressure and even fail to acknowledge that, let alone apologize for it...

Lol, no outside pressure for the hurricane whatsoever.

Do you need an apology from the devs finishing their work on an awesome update?

I keep hitting the refresh button to see if my web browser updates with news of an update being ready.

A wonderful new aeroplane such as this is sorely needed in these trying times. 

4 hours ago, airacobrafan said:

Always great and exciting when developers miss deadlines they set themselves without outside pressure and even fail to acknowledge that, let alone apologize for it...

Just a ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

A wonderful new aeroplane such as this is sorely needed in these trying times. 

True that!  As I watched US election returns yesterday evening and news of the deadlock today I kept saying to myself, "At least the Hurricane is coming....At least the Hurricane is coming..."

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, No105_Swoose said:

True that!  As I watched US election returns yesterday evening and news of the deadlock today I kept saying to myself, "At least the Hurricane is coming....At least the Hurricane is coming..."

It would be nice... anything to get through the craziness of this week is appreciated.  Hopefully we don't have to wait more than a few more weeks....

World War II in Pictures: May 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can count on it being worth your wait, always is.

Every successive aircraft seems to be more and more worth the wait! This is one of the things I appreciate most about this team.

Things get better and better, and I have to say that even though I'm not really a Hurricane fan as such, even I am excited about this plane and putting together a swirling dogfight over Dover.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
13 hours ago, airacobrafan said:

Always great and exciting when users make outraged posts about something where the information they have is wrong and they have know idea of the process/work involved. 

Probably a manager... 

😏

• Haha 6
On 11/1/2020 at 8:50 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jason

Are the secondary explosions at 4:41 something new?  I don't recall seeing those before, but maybe it's because I seem to only blow stuff up at extremely close range and don't get a good view of the damage as I go by.

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

Are the secondary explosions at 4:41 something new?  I don't recall seeing those before, but maybe it's because I seem to only blow stuff up at extremely close range and don't get a good view of the damage as I go by.

I noticed that too, looks like some improved effects are on the way aswell.

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Its here this morning and...

2aa.jpg

Hurr2_3d (1).gif

How big is the update? I wonder if I will have time to download and play once I get off work tonight. If its a doozy I might have to let it go overnight...and then no chance to play til Saturday.

'we were at one with ourselves and our machines. It was the Hurricane, really, which gave us our immense confidence, with its mighty engine, its powerful battery of eight guns and its feel of swift, robust strength and the ability to outdo our enemies. Months would go by before the real test of combat but we believed in the Hurricane. Performance figures - those of the Me 109 and the Spitfire were in many respects superior - did not in the least dismay us. The Hurricane was our faithful charger and we felt supremely sure of it and ourselves.'

Pete Townsend of 43 squadron

• Upvote 2

There's a wonderful story about the Hawker Hurricane which always brings a smile to my face. I believe it was No.1 squadron who were due to be supplied with the brand new Hurricane fighter. One of the test pilots flew a Hurricane down to Tangmere airfield so the pilots could get a good look at it. With the pilots and ground crew lined up, the Hurricane landed at Tangmere and taxied off of the runway. As it turned, 1 of the landing gear collapsed leaving the Hurricane resting on its wing. Upon seeing this, the gathered crowd started clapping and cheering the spectacle. The test pilot calmly stood up on his seat and called over the ground crew. He ordered the ground crew to lift the Hurricane's dropped wing and once level pumped down the raised undercarriage. He then simply restarted the Merlin engine and continued to taxi as if nothing had happened, much to the amazement of the crowd.

Such an amazing plane. Armed with 4 x 20 mm Hispanos this bird is a beast. Plus it can take a lot of beating.   Strange feeling to see the 109 and 190s catching fire so fast when lit up by 4 x 20 mm Hispanos.  🤣

As someone wrote in the chat on the Finnish server earlier today. "If you did not know it, you would think it was the Battle of Britain".  .................Thats how many who were flying the Hurricane. 

Again thanks team for the Hurricane. Looks fantastic in VR too by the way. 

Edited by 19te.Deafbee

Wooo! Such a beautiful plane. And it comes with some ruggedness to it too. The Hispanos have a crazy punch to them, the russian BS/Shvak loadout is quite devastating too. The Vickers 40mm are essentially enemy-airplane-erasers if you can get them on target and in range (because tanks are boring targets....) :)

Only mood point: .303 Brownings with AP only belting. No idea if it's historical to how the VVS used them but without the DeWilde, they're really anemic. Hope we get a burny belting option in the future.

I just took the ugly duckling for my first flights around stalingrad... By the various Gods that butt freaking ugly thing can turn!!

What a treat to fly she is. The 40mm, the four hispanos, twelve 303s! . . . . I might have a new favorite plane on my hands.