Easy Mission Generator for Tank Crew

Follow up: Cannot Make An Object Attack Another Object

If an AI object does not attack an enemy object, try the following solutions: • In the advanced properties for both objects, do the following: • Check the Country setting and check the coalition that each country belongs to in Mission Countries Dialog. Objects must be in opposing coalitions before they will attack each other. • Check that "Engageable" is selected. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Salute,

I have just started using the generator on our squad server and have noticed that when I created a dogfight the number of units available says it is limited to the number of tanks in the platoon.

Obviously for a dogfight I would prefer to have the number of units unlimited (players can get killed and keep taking the same model for an infinite number of times)

I must admit I have not tried to test if the number displayed (4xPanzer IV for example) is actually a limit?

If it is, is there any chance for the next version (if you are kind enough to grace us with one of course), have a setting for the limit or make a type unlimited.

I do understand that the file could be edited to remove this restriction but ideally I am using the generator which is located on our server and then publishing the mission to the server for people to join. I RDP to the server with an old laptop whilst I can have the game up on my main PC. I do not have the game on the laptop.

Many thanks for this excellent utility

Regards

Friar  

12 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Salute,

I have just started using the generator on our squad server and have noticed that when I created a dogfight the number of units available says it is limited to the number of tanks in the platoon.

Obviously for a dogfight I would prefer to have the number of units unlimited (players can get killed and keep taking the same model for an infinite number of times)

I must admit I have not tried to test if the number displayed (4xPanzer IV for example) is actually a limit?

If it is, is there any chance for the next version (if you are kind enough to grace us with one of course), have a setting for the limit or make a type unlimited.

I do understand that the file could be edited to remove this restriction but ideally I am using the generator which is located on our server and then publishing the mission to the server for people to join. I RDP to the server with an old laptop whilst I can have the game up on my main PC. I do not have the game on the laptop.

Many thanks for this excellent utility

Regards

Friar  

Sure! That would make more sense. I think for the aircraft version I have it like that as well, so I’ll add this to the backlog.

• Thanks 1

S! @SYN_VanderSYN_Vander,

I've just downloaded your new Tank Crew Generator (v3)...
But after I save a new single mission, and I start the game and open the mission.
I always get a message saying that a .txt is missing inside the: luascript/worldobjects/det_block_village1-02.txt ?
And I have to use the 'Task Manager' to close the game after this message (my screen seem to be frozen).

Any help would be great! Should I see if with Coop I get the same error message?

Cheers,
GenMarkof

53 minutes ago, JG1_GenMarkof007 said:

S! @SYN_VanderSYN_Vander,

I've just downloaded your new Tank Crew Generator (v3)...
But after I save a new single mission, and I start the game and open the mission.
I always get a message saying that a .txt is missing inside the: luascript/worldobjects/det_block_village1-02.txt ?
And I have to use the 'Task Manager' to close the game after this message (my screen seem to be frozen).

Any help would be great! Should I see if with Coop I get the same error message?

Cheers,
GenMarkof

Thanks. Probably due to new version of the game. I'll check and correct. I think I'll release a new version soon.

• Thanks 1

Salute,

May I be bold enough to ask for another little feature, probably will sit at number 57b in the list of things you want / need to do, but here goes.. (It actually could be valid for both the tank and flying versions)

The DangerDogz use your generator located on our server. Typically myself and one of the other squad members that run the hosting will generate the next mission to be played whilst we are waiting for everyone to "finish mission" so it is ready to run straight away.

Sometimes after putting in the parameters we forget / get distracted to click "Generate".

Is there any chance that when you are next in that area of the code you could perhaps either change the colour of the generate button to indicate that it has been generated (it changes back to a colour to represent "not generated" if any parameters are then changed.) or a new field with something like "Mission Generated" once the "OK" has been clicked on the pop up window that displays to confirm generation is complete, but being "old farts" we can forget we clicked "ok" to this window.

I appreciate that this is a request you would look at when you have nothing else to do (!) but thought I would ask anyway.

Have said before but many thanks for this excellent application. IL2 is a better sim for it.

Regards

Friar.

2 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

Salute,

May I be bold enough to ask for another little feature, probably will sit at number 57b in the list of things you want / need to do, but here goes.. (It actually could be valid for both the tank and flying versions)

The DangerDogz use your generator located on our server. Typically myself and one of the other squad members that run the hosting will generate the next mission to be played whilst we are waiting for everyone to "finish mission" so it is ready to run straight away.

Sometimes after putting in the parameters we forget / get distracted to click "Generate".

Is there any chance that when you are next in that area of the code you could perhaps either change the colour of the generate button to indicate that it has been generated (it changes back to a colour to represent "not generated" if any parameters are then changed.) or a new field with something like "Mission Generated" once the "OK" has been clicked on the pop up window that displays to confirm generation is complete, but being "old farts" we can forget we clicked "ok" to this window.

I appreciate that this is a request you would look at when you have nothing else to do (!) but thought I would ask anyway.

Have said before but many thanks for this excellent application. IL2 is a better sim for it.

Regards

Friar.

Literally 3 lines of code: I have added a 'Generated!' status which will show in green after successful mission creation (both tank crew and emg)

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

New version is live:

Release Notes EMG-TC v4

-Replaced 'Attack Zone' with a waypoint with priority 'Low' so tanks will actively move towards and engage enemy targets

-Replaced old with new continuous smoke effects

-AI tanks will change formation to line when moving to objective

-Added 'unlimited' as amount option for Multiplayer/Dogfight mission type

-Calculated waypoints are now shown on the map

-Added status 'Generated!' to create mission button 

-Removed waypoint paths that directed AI tanks to go through gorge as indicated by BlitzPig_EL

-Fixed missing luascript/worldobjects/det_block_village1-02.txt

Download here: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Salute Sir,

many thanks for the latest version.

The generated mission is not quite working as I thought it would?

Once I click on the "Mission generated -- OK" pop up the "Generated!" message goes back to "Create Mission".

I was hoping it would be able to stay at "Mission Generated" until I either change the parameters or click "Generate"

If this will mean a lot more work than you originally thought, no worries, it is a "nice to have" only feature so we can work around it. 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, DD_Friar said:

Salute Sir,

many thanks for the latest version.

The generated mission is not quite working as I thought it would?

Once I click on the "Mission generated -- OK" pop up the "Generated!" message goes back to "Create Mission".

I was hoping it would be able to stay at "Mission Generated" until I either change the parameters or click "Generate"

If this will mean a lot more work than you originally thought, no worries, it is a "nice to have" only feature so we can work around it. 

Hi Friar, see here: 

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • 4 weeks later...

@SYN_Vander

Thanks for this... It is... brilliant! Getting better every update... Which is hoofin!

Quick one... My generated missions shadows are all Blue... Could this be down to weather options? I was trying to create a mini campaign for my Tiger, and setting weather as the missions progressed, but I get pure blue shadows with the missions. This doesn't happen anywhere else in my game.

Some of my settings:

• Choose a front: By mission date      <---------- MAYBE THIS?
  • Choose weather: Configure (various options selected)

Cheers again mate!

Okay... Think I figured it out...

Seems to be the: "Choose Weather"... anything other than "Random" results in bright blue shadows...

Edited by VonLuck
25 minutes ago, VonLuck said:

@SYN_Vander

Thanks for this... It is... brilliant! Getting better every update... Which is hoofin!

Quick one... My generated missions shadows are all Blue... Could this be down to weather options? I was trying to create a mini campaign for my Tiger, and setting weather as the missions progressed, but I get pure blue shadows with the missions. This doesn't happen anywhere else in my game.

Some of my settings:

• Choose a front: By mission date      <---------- MAYBE THIS?
  • Choose weather: Configure (various options selected)

Cheers again mate!

Okay... Think I figured it out...

Seems to be the: "Choose Weather"... anything other than "Random" results in bright blue shadows...

Let me look into this. Which map, which date and what time of day?

Be aware that this more a 'beta' version and you can still download and use the previous version from the website: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

EDIT: looks you are using the previous version? v41

Edited by SYN_Vander
33 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Let me look into this. Which map, which date and what time of day?

Be aware that this more a 'beta' version and you can still download and use the previous version from the website: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

EDIT: looks you are using the previous version? v41

Yeah... v41 is the latest I can find for the Tank Crews Generator...

I was on the... Only? Map we can use with Tanks... Prokhorovka?

• Date: Tried Oct and Feb 1943 and 1942
  • Time of day: Various - Incremental for 8 variants
  • Type of Weather: Various - Incremental for 8 variants
Edited by VonLuck
1 hour ago, VonLuck said:

Yeah... v41 is the latest I can find for the Tank Crews Generator...

I was on the... Only? Map we can use with Tanks... Prokhorovka?

• Date: Tried Oct and Feb 1943 and 1942
  • Time of day: Various - Incremental for 8 variants
  • Type of Weather: Various - Incremental for 8 variants

OK, thanks. Sorry, I didn't realize this was about the Tank Crew mission generator! :)

Edited by SYN_Vander
12 hours ago, VonLuck said:

I may have figured this out...

It may be, that any month that is not July will mess up the lighting?

It's because the weather configuration is incorrect in the mission. This will happen for all seasons not being summer or winter, so only june, july, august and december, january and february will work as intended. So you have found a bug, thanks! I'll have it fixed for next release.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

It's because the weather configuration is incorrect in the mission. This will happen for all seasons not being summer or winter, so only june, july, august and december, january and february will work as intended. So you have found a bug, thanks! I'll have it fixed for next release.

Lolz...

I'm never a fan of creating work for someone... But you seem pretty damn switch on for this side of stuff, and that's hoofin I could help in any way... Such a brilliant tool... Step up would be linked missions... Seems like a hard code jumble though...

Quick story...

I quickly banged out a skirmish mission with your generator, and it was to find two troops (platoons) of T-34's... I was slowly making my way through a wood to flank em... They had a P-40 overhead, and the P-40 started firing on a German Arty Pos. Next thing I know the T-34's are running through the woods past me at top speed in the direction of the German Arty position! I have one 34 get so close I could have spit on em... My Gunner loosed a round and tagged one, over pen... round went through, no effect... So these 34's run off and start to attack the German position... I'm trying to navigate through the woods to follow, and going about it at a snails pace... I finally catch up and start popping their hats off at 800m... 9 kills... Lost the Drop-short base... and the P-40 flew away for daiquiris and a handskie in a 5 star...

All in all pretty unexpected and very cool mission generated with your tool!

Hats off mate! Hoofin! 🤩

Edited by VonLuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello tankers,

I've had the bug with the "blue screen" for a long time - great if it can now be eliminated. But it would also be nice if the EMG had an additional function that would leave the enemy tanks shot down on the field (don't "delete after death") - that would - at least for me - increase the fun of the game.

Good luck

Guenther

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also...

A way to link missions maybe? It may be a scripting nightmare...

But have it so you can have a Skirmish, finish the Skirmish and go straight into an Attack on Arty? This would allow for large missions that last longer and feel beefier?

Kinda like the illustration... Just an idea... using the existing system, you'd just link missions that are auto generated?

526022213_MissionBranchesIdea.thumb.jpg.79304c5dc3671d549ae8ae843044e179.jpg

12 hours ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello tankers,

I've had the bug with the "blue screen" for a long time - great if it can now be eliminated. But it would also be nice if the EMG had an additional function that would leave the enemy tanks shot down on the field (don't "delete after death") - that would - at least for me - increase the fun of the game.

Good luck

Guenther

100%...

I think most of us run beefy enough PC's to leave the burning tank bodies in the fields now... Or at least give em a 30-60 minute time-out... I find it slightly immersion sapping when dead tanks pop outta view while I'm admiring their burning little figures... 😁

I'm gonna a be pedantic gimp and say: "Tankies"... Not "Tankers"... "Tankers" is an American thing... They didn't really have tanks until weeeeeell after we did in the British Army... and we say "Tankies"... But, I'm just doing as instructed and pointing that out... I'm mostly to just being an ass... 😜

Edited by VonLuck
12 hours ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello tankers,

Good luck

Guenther

Good point. Should be easy enough.

• Like 1

Yes, I have to agree, having the dead carcasses of the tanks you have destroyed left on the battlefield would be a great bonus. If I remember correctly one can open a mission in the ME and change the setting to leave the dead tank in the  advanced tank properties box. The downside of this is that one has to do this change for every tank in the mission if you want the full effect.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Small update to version 5:

Release Notes EMG-TC v5

-Vehicles will not be deleted after having been destroyed. If needed this can be made an option

-Fixed bug where weather setting was empty (showing blue shadows) for date in spring or autumn.

Got it. TY S_V. I will try it as soon as I get home from MicroCenter. I am finally procuring parts to build a new rig in a couple of months! YEA, and there was my rejoicing!

One note. I honestly think if it is not to much trouble that providing a choice(switch) to leave or not leave destroyed vehicles would be a good thing. My 2cents worth.

Thanks again for continued Development of the TCEMG.:good:

S!Blade<><

20 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Got it. TY S_V. I will try it as soon as I get home from MicroCenter. I am finally procuring parts to build a new rig in a couple of months! YEA, and there was my rejoicing!

One note. I honestly think if it is not to much trouble that providing a choice(switch) to leave or not leave destroyed vehicles would be a good thing. My 2cents worth.

Thanks again for continued Development of the TCEMG.:good:

S!Blade<><

I’ll add it to the backlog. Be aware that all vehicles already spawn at mission start, so not deleting them after destruction should not impact performance.

• 2 weeks later...

SYN_Vander, thanks for a great utility!!  It really boosts this sim!

TL

8 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

Yours and Pat Wilson’s mission generators elevated the game to a different level. Thank you very much.
Is there any future plan to include the other maps?

Yes, if we find the current one is good enough for now. I was holding off since if some more features are needed I may need to change the template structure.

And if you have multiple map templates it's a lot of work to retrofit those changes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 1:00 PM, CrazyPilotCrazyPilot64 said:

How can I filnd the mail IL-2 folder? (steam://rungameid/307960)

I don't run from Steam, but I'm guessing it will be something like:

<whatever drive you have your steam games>\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles