The Circus Post

I'm rather sure that C Sector was also into Phase 3 also. I seem to remember that was just the tanks as the remaining obstacle. Saw those tank markers getting knocked down again and again by those defending there. I think Sector C was the first sector to go into that phase but also the one held there the longest? Sector B was into Phase 3 but as I transited southwards after A Sector was lost to the Germans it appeared that Sector B had not lost any of it's Phase 3 objectives to the Germans.

Yep just checked Hot Lead's stream;

image.thumb.png.438f6127c8563a1065f9ed91c39a7b2e.png

Edited by Oliver88

I think we stopped 5 waves of the tanks. And after the second wave was destroyed just a minute after being respawned, some strange things happened on the front :) In some moment we noticed moving tanks, without any map icon, two waves mixed together. But once all were down, the mission logic started to work as it should.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Oliver88 said:

I'm rather sure that C Sector was also into Phase 3 also. I seem to remember that was just the tanks as the remaining obstacle. Saw those tank markers getting knocked down again and again by those defending there. I think Sector C was the first sector to go into that phase but also the one held there the longest? Sector B was into Phase 3 but as I transited southwards after A Sector was lost to the Germans it appeared that Sector B had not lost any of it's Phase 3 objectives to the Germans.

Sector C put up a great defence against what looked like from our sector an absolute onslaught of enemy planes. Sector B nearly managed to stay in Phase 2 after beating back waves of huns, but alas one Halberstadt slipped through on a suicide run with 30 or so minutes to spare, and that's all it took. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, US93_Larner said:

Sector B nearly managed to stay in Phase 2 after beating back waves of huns, but alas one Halberstadt slipped through on a suicide run with 30 or so minutes to spare, and that's all it took. 

Without going into too much detail how Sector B defense was organised, let's say that the short 15-minute death penalty and 4-hour duration of the mission combined with fewer people on Entente than Central played in our disadvantage, in spite of having the better/faster planes. I did order everyone in my element to shoot at parachutes, not because we're war criminals, but because the refly penalty for death was 5 minutes longer than for capture. I think a 20 minute refly penalty for both death and capture would alleviate the parachute shooting and the fact that we needed to have some people in the air for almost 3 hours straight to mount an effective defense. If I understand correctly the replane penalty is already 30 minutes, but that starts from the moment of take-off.

I do salute the bravery displayed by the other side, they went all-out to get those objectives. Anyway, I await my trial with anticipation.

Heh. At one point while Kotori was on a death timer I had him relieve me at the controls of my Bristol for a minute so I could relieve myself. Its a challenging experience for sure!

If I understand correctly the replane penalty is already 30 minutes, but that starts from the moment of take-off.

Do not believe so. The pool of aircraft at the aerodromes are replenished every 30 minutes. Unless that's what you meant. But for you finish your flight and get another aircraft (assuming the pool of aircraft at the aerodrome is not exhausted) the time you need to wait is either 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. Though there was also an 1 minute timer for ending flight.

image.png.9fbcd9208af297089b94edab4fda54c8.png

image.png.597d5fccbe5bccbfff1a77e9c0c734d1.png

• Upvote 1

Hey! im famous! lol. Yea that run was not planned at all. I told my kette to continue with their missions down south, I had something I needed to do, and not to follow me XD

On 4/14/2021 at 6:05 AM, US93_Larner said:

Sector C put up a great defence against what looked like from our sector an absolute onslaught of enemy planes. Sector B nearly managed to stay in Phase 2 after beating back waves of huns, but alas one Halberstadt slipped through on a suicide run with 30 or so minutes to spare, and that's all it took. 

Hey! im famous! lol. Yea that run was not planned at all. I told my kette to continue with their missions down south, I had something I needed to do, and not to follow me XD

16 hours ago, tKestrel said:

High Command is aware of Kestrel's blatant disobedience, but decided not to press charges in view of his ultimate sacrifice!

Regards,

Loppnow

Air Marshall

PS Infamous might be a more accurate term.

Edited by J5_Loppnow-Sch27b
  • Haha 1

Larner has fallen! Was it sabotage? Subterfuge? He was not well liked. Some say he had a big head. Others that he never ventured over the lines. Not that he had a yellow streak, but mud sticks just as much as that chicks hair in There's Something About Mary. Still more say he was always whining about the Spads structural integrity and control mechanisms. Or was that Baer? Anyway, never mind .... the fog of war.

However, I don't believe a word of it. No siree! Jealousy has always been a deadly sin, see. And so, I think the poor chap was set up in an underperforming deathtrap with the wrong wings and a dodgy CoG!  "It'll be fine." they said. "You'll hit the 150 in this kite!" they exclaimed. "Off you go then!" they cried, "spit spot!" stifling snorts of laughter.

And so, another fine airman has gone west. It will be recorded as a brave airman falls to a gallant foe but I think there's more sinister games afoot ....

Salute! 

US93_Larner.

Edited by ST_Catchov
Not telling!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
1 hour ago, 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk said:

Impressive streak Larner, with this DM, quite a dead!

Congratulations

Thank you, sir! That's high praise coming from the man who got over 90 PvP in the Camel(!!) with the same DM! :salute:

• Like 1

dL5Mfjd.jpg

In the 25th issue of the CP, a few mistakes of the 24th issue are corrected. J5_Adam is now correctly mentioned with 96 AK instead of the 94 credited to him in the 24th issue. Additionally, due to a parser problem that regarded an Operation Michael test mission as a regular one, J15_Gontermann is no longer counted as KIA and his streak is continuing.

If any other pilot is negatively affected by the 20 and 21 April missions #5078 and #5079, please send me a message and I shall try to look deeper into the matter.

• Like 3