Jump to content

Is Tank Crew worth the price?


Recommended Posts

Hi, I was just wondering if tank crew was worth the price that it is. I was thinking of getting it with my pocket money, but I don't have enough yet and I was wondering if it would be better to wait until it was released and put on discount. If anyone has any input it is most welcome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, [308]Banzaii said:

Absolutely worth the price.

Thanks for that reply! I definitely have my heart set on it now because of the small demo you get in the form of the T-34 and the Pz.III. As I said, I will get it when I have enough pocket money, so hopefully that won't be long!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Winkysmith said:

Hi, I was just wondering if tank crew was worth the price that it is. I was thinking of getting it with my pocket money, but I don't have enough yet and I was wondering if it would be better to wait until it was released and put on discount. If anyone has any input it is most welcome!

 

It absolutely is in my opinion. And if you already got impressed by the "demo" you called, be aware that these two tanks, which are accessible to all, do not have the

detail level you will see in TC! All tanks in TC are much more detailed and all feature a full historical correct interior - really well done. Again, my opinion, but I'm by

far not the only one who see it this way.

 

34 minutes ago, Goosevich said:

Not really, no. The developement is ultra-slow, and there is barely anything to do IMHO. The shittyness of the ai is the most painfull aspect for me. This sim is far from finished and playable (again IMHO)

 

I think, you're a bit harsh with your comment. I know, not everything is perfect now and there are some issues with the AI, yes. But they're still improving the AI in general,

so I'm quite confident, that we will see some great improvements.

And don't forget, that TC is not their main business - it's still their combat flight simulator, which is really complex if you want it to be done well. TC is some kind of side

project, if you ask me. So, your remark about ultra-slow development is not very appropriate in my opinion, because you know too, that TC is developed by a third party

team and the implementation in the current game engine is definitely not a copy/paste task. Just saying...

 

Cheers to both of you

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

    Yeah i know and maybe you are right, but i stopped giving a damn that TC is not their "main focus" and that it's developed by a third party, when the most basic features/QOL features are missing (and the developement in the AI departament is non-existant they still are T2000's in disguise. It reminds me of ye-olde Operation Flashpoint in that aspect, even tho i love that game to bits still).
   I know it's an early access yadda yadda yadda, but IMO they charge money for a product and they dropped the ball. I unfortunatly doubt this sim will be finished at all and it makes me sad since the tank models and the shards of gameplay that exist are/were really really fun and my tank sim itch is still not scratched. Im doubly sad since i see community events like tank'n'spank, which were a dream of mine since the first Steel Beasts, but after the last patch i just can't force my self to play the game again. I'm that disgusted.


Anyway, cheers mate.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were you I would wait for release which they sad is soon. After release you will see in dev diaries what are they doing if the game has future, also there will be sales (maybe even christmas sale) and the game might just cost like 50÷60 €.

Edited by Krotchy_SK
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently working on mixed equipment missions for my squad (www.DangerDogz.com) where air support will be critical in achieving the objectives.

Having tanks along side the planes with hoomans in both takes the sim to another level for me.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Goosevich said:

    Yeah i know and maybe you are right, but i stopped giving a damn that TC is not their "main focus" and that it's developed by a third party, when the most basic features/QOL features are missing (and the developement in the AI departament is non-existant they still are T2000's in disguise. It reminds me of ye-olde Operation Flashpoint in that aspect, even tho i love that game to bits still).
   I know it's an early access yadda yadda yadda, but IMO they charge money for a product and they dropped the ball. I unfortunatly doubt this sim will be finished at all and it makes me sad since the tank models and the shards of gameplay that exist are/were really really fun and my tank sim itch is still not scratched. Im doubly sad since i see community events like tank'n'spank, which were a dream of mine since the first Steel Beasts, but after the last patch i just can't force my self to play the game again. I'm that disgusted.


Anyway, cheers mate.

I was very happy with the quality of Tank Crew considering it was still in early release. I don't mind paying to support a good product, but I am a little surprised to say the least that it will be taken out of early access soon. I agree with your comments, and can only hope for the best in terms of full version support. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

I was very happy with the quality of Tank Crew considering it was still in early release. I don't mind paying to support a good product, but I am a little surprised to say the least that it will be taken out of early access soon. I agree with your comments, and can only hope for the best in terms of full version support. 

They need to release it on the steam and generate some money and I hope they will.

They will still continue to improve the game, but it will take some time.

I remember state of the game when the BOS was released and look at it now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helo Freaks,

 

I've been enjoying tank simulations for around thirty years now and can only say that this is absolutely the best in the field of single PC games. It is a real pleasure to go to the individual places and marvel at the details - in connection with the RC tank model building - which I have been doing for more than 40 years - just amazing. The suspension works and is visually well represented - there is smoke when shooting, so that actually only the smell is missing. The background noises in the field (birds and wind, the rustling of the trees) could be louder and the only thing missing here is the smell of the earth and nature.
It's just not a simple shooting game and with the improvement of the AI, for example, the use of the terrain should also be rewarded. It would then also be desirable if the AI reacts in such a way that, with the same game specifications, the opposing vehicles also act differently and unexpectedly, so that single missions can be played over and over again.

I wish the developers good luck and courage in implementing (our) ideas and I will continue to pass on my positive impressions to friends and model making comrades.

 

Good luck !

 

Günther 31378770_1835057406552996_363831601955458425_n.jpg.d39c28fde0c659358b6ed9b5aa800b87.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 3:53 AM, Goosevich said:

Not really, no. The development is ultra-slow, and there is barely anything to do IMHO. The shittyness of the ai is the most painful aspect for me. This sim is far from finished and playable (again IMHO)

No!

You have to realize that:

1. AFAIK, unlike WW1 and WW2 planes, playable tanks with realistic cockpits has never been done before, so 1CGS are essentially the pioneers of this product they want to expand upon in the future. I hope that they do Falaise, Battle of the Bulge and another Eastern Front Tank battle after.

2. This is being done by a 3rd-party team.

3. Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka was being made while Flying Circus Vol.1 and Battle of Bodenplatte were also simultaneously being made. Jason later stated once the 3 were pretty much done, save for TC1, that the team didn't want to do 3 products at same time again as it slows down their overall progress; bit rusty with the last statement.

 

Currently they're working on Battle of Normandy, 2 collector vehicles, and the final things before releasing TC1 on Steam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enceladus said:

No!

You have to realize that:

1. AFAIK, unlike WW1 and WW2 planes, playable tanks with realistic cockpits has never been done before, so 1CGS are essentially the pioneers of this product they want to expand upon in the future. I hope that they do Falaise, Battle of the Bulge and another Eastern Front Tank battle after.

2. This is being done by a 3rd-party team.

3. Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka was being made while Flying Circus Vol.1 and Battle of Bodenplatte were also simultaneously being made. Jason later stated once the 3 were pretty much done, save for TC1, that the team didn't want to do 3 products at same time again as it slows down their overall progress; bit rusty with the last statement.

 

Currently they're working on Battle of Normandy, 2 collector vehicles, and the final things before releasing TC1 on Steam.

I admire your optimism, but i dont agree with you
1. Not sure about that first part, but i'm sure as hell first they have to finish the basic ***** product before even thinking about >>>>TC2<<<<< that you people fantasize about on these forums
2. As i said before - i don't care about that
3. Same as above, especially since apparently TC is dev'ed by 3rd party, why should that matter ;)

We'll see, i hope im wrong since im craving my M4a2 and SU152.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Enceladus said:

No!

You have to realize that:

1. AFAIK, unlike WW1 and WW2 planes, playable tanks with realistic cockpits has never been done before, so 1CGS are essentially the pioneers of this product they want to expand upon in the future. I hope that they do Falaise, Battle of the Bulge and another Eastern Front Tank battle after.

2. This is being done by a 3rd-party team.

3. Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka was being made while Flying Circus Vol.1 and Battle of Bodenplatte were also simultaneously being made. Jason later stated once the 3 were pretty much done, save for TC1, that the team didn't want to do 3 products at same time again as it slows down their overall progress; bit rusty with the last statement.

 

Currently they're working on Battle of Normandy, 2 collector vehicles, and the final things before releasing TC1 on Steam.

 

1 is completely untrue. I don't know where people come off with this opinion that TC is some new, unheard of, groundbreaking thing. Sure, the 3d models are nice but are pretty austere 

2 yep

3 conflicts with the nature of having a third party parallel develop a product - can't have it both ways - TC didn't significantly hinder 777 as they weren't working on it outside of coding, which like all the coding, really really needs improvement.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Salutations,

 

It seems that many (newer players) have no idea about how Tank Crew came about.

 

Years ago some of the developers placed 'two' tanks into the vehicle list. It was done just for fun for the developers entertainment during any short  breaks from working on the flight simulator which is IL2. Some of us (like me) were very interested in the ground aspect possibilities for IL2. We (I) began asking for more tanks. Then we (I) began pleading consistently for more armored vehicles.

 

As usual, the development team read about our interest and eventually started adding more tanks. They even brought in a third party tank development team to help. Tank Crew was the result. Tank Crew was actually a side project of IL2. Many of us were delighted even though things were not perfect on the ground.

 

The developers have been working on and improving all aspects of Tank Crew. I trust that they will continue to listen to our concerns and complaints about TC. I personally look forward to these continued improvements and additions to and for Tank Crew. As with everything involving IL2, it is a Work In Progress. I love it.

 

Thanks to the developers for all of their continued efforts.  :yahoo:

 

Tanker.gif

Edited by Thad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 2:21 PM, Voidhunger said:

They need to release it on the steam and generate some money and I hope they will.

They will still continue to improve the game, but it will take some time.

I remember state of the game when the BOS was released and look at it now.

 

I don't disagree, and if that is what they have to do to make the sim better, then so be it. I just hope the Devs realize that they really have something worth finishing/fixing/improving here.

 

I would buy every plane module they have right now if I knew for certain Tank Crew is going to get the attention it deserves. I know for most people here it works the other way around, they bought Tank Crew just to show support for the flight sim.

 

But I am sure they are aware that there is also a sizable community out there with interest in armored vehicles especially from WWII, it just depends where they want to go with it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 12:02 AM, Goosevich said:

1. Not sure about that first part, but i'm sure as hell first they have to finish the basic ***** product before even thinking about >>>>TC2<<<<< that you people fantasize about on these forums

 

In BOX the often improved things when the new big contnent was released, because there was not time or resources before.
They usually fixed planes, damage and flight  model when the new version of that plane was being build. I think there is big chance if they will start working on another TC title, they can improve damage model, improve old things, add new content for the base game etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

 

In BOX the often improved things when the new big contnent was released, because there was not time or resources before.
They usually fixed planes, damage and flight  model when the new version of that plane was being build. I think there is big chance if they will start working on another TC title, they can improve damage model, improve old things, add new content for the base game etc. 

 

True. I think there is some kind of misunderstanding when people think a released product will stay as is. No, they always continue to improve their released version

on a regular basis. Release version of a product means, it is good to go - it's stable, it's definitively playable and a good basis for further improvements.

 

And btw. even if they move to their next project, all improvements and new techniques implemented here, will also automatically be accessible to all other "finished"

projects. So, there's nothing to worry about.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THERION said:

 

True. I think there is some kind of misunderstanding when people think a released product will stay as is. No, they always continue to improve their released version

on a regular basis. Release version of a product means, it is good to go - it's stable, it's definitively playable and a good basis for further improvements.

 

And btw. even if they move to their next project, all improvements and new techniques implemented here, will also automatically be accessible to all other "finished"

projects. So, there's nothing to worry about.

 

This is true, but you can not recommend the products if there are big drawbacks and you have to wait several years to improve. Do you remember BoS 8 years ago? It was playable, but it was far behind (and it still is in many aspects) the original IL2. So you have to take the customer into account. As a hardcore sim gamer i can not recommend TC because many things are missing or dont work. 4 years ago TC was allready good and had 2 great missions. Except new tanks models, there were no real new impacts. We got binocular now, the AI dont shoot through forest and you can commend platoon. The development is really really slow and it all depends only by the community to keep the game alive by building real content. As a SP gamer there is no content worth the price. As a MP there is content, but you have to deal with many other drawbacks like deadly planes or a small tank community. So far there is no word about TC2 or further improvement (like career). The game is like BoS 8 years ago, you can play it, but to make it a good game (like BoX now) many things have to be included.

Edited by JG27_Steini
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the best single player game for sure...at least not right now.  Come play with us, SCG Combined Arms historical type missions, and Spank n Tank, by JG1, both alternate on Sundays at 230 EST, which is acceptable for our EU members as a time slot.  This is where the games strengths lie. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until its released, and then judge. 

 

If you're playing strictly with humans in every aspect (including the crew of your own tank) it's probably not bad. Otherwise the AI is abysmal across the board. AI in its current state feels like a token afterthought.

 

Issuing orders to your own tank and/or platoon as a tank commander is more often than not a complete act of frustration in part because of the horrible orders menu and in other part because the AI only does what you tell it to 50% of the time.. if you're lucky.. often meaning having to issue the command multiple times. This is quadruple frustrating if it's a command that requires you to click something (like a location on the ground or a target). To give you an example of how obtuse the menu is.. it's 4 keystrokes to tell your driver to stop moving. 'Command Menu -> Movement -> Stop -> To Platoon/Tank'. And there's a delay between each submenu, so it can take you between 2-4 seconds to actually issue the command. Better hope they followed it, or you're doing it again. 

 

Tank AI might as well be non-existent. They follow predetermined, scripted paths. That's it. There's no tactics, no co-ordination, no semblance of randomness or anything at all. Played a scenario? It's going to play the exact same time, every time. Zero variation. The instant action portion is astoundingly boring. You just start within firing range of the enemy tanks and it's a slugmatch that's over in a minute or two. Wash, rinse, repeat.  There are some really good community scenarios, however.

 

The tank models and the actual vehicle simulation aspect is great. I have nothing bad to say about the physical sim aspect of the game itself. The sound is great, too. Honestly I can even forgive the relatively low fidelity ground objects and the like, as well. I'd gladly trade that for a practical single-player tank sim. 

 

So if you're interested strictly in multiplayer it's great. If you want any single player or PvE experience, it's not worth the price admission in its current state. 

Edited by kalnaren
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =5GIAP=Eeafanas said:

I will be able to join only in January, since I am now without a computer)

I understand Eeafanas, hope to see you online soon then.  The invite is always there for you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...