MOD Request - Grass

This mod is quite good.

The draw distance you can set up yourself in the startup.config. I have it on 600m and set the file to 'read only' after that. 

Over one kilometer is maybe a bit too much but I don't know.

Edited by vonGraf
On 10/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, ironk79 said:

Would it be possible to Mod grass in a way so its less "dense" but gets a larger draw distance? Like in the old SIM days?

Lets say 10 times less dense, 10 times further draw distance?

Read this, it does give you an explenation on how to change that. 

thanks for your suggestions,

tried some things with both mods, unfortunatly wasnt able to create the result i was looking for. changing draw distance was no problem, but didnt manage to "thin out" the grass patches itself,. grass is quite taxing for VR use, so i rather turn it of then looking at a 10m circular grass field around me. 

On 11/4/2020 at 10:00 PM, ironk79 said:

thanks for your suggestions,

tried some things with both mods, unfortunatly wasnt able to create the result i was looking for. changing draw distance was no problem, but didnt manage to "thin out" the grass patches itself,. grass is quite taxing for VR use, so i rather turn it of then looking at a 10m circular grass field around me. 

I always disable the grass and the bushes, because it is a bit to much  retro 2009,  seing this 2D objects in VR.  

4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I always disable the grass and the bushes, because it is a bit to much  retro 2009,  seing this 2D objects in VR.  

wanted to to get at least some occasional bushes / grass spots to break up the plain ground, to help with speed/height feeling. But given I didn’t get it to work, no grass is the best option