Even with VR I am still having issues aligning myself to German sights.  Every time it comes time to shoot I am looking through the damned thing way off kilter, to the point where half the time I just look at the tracers (not a good idea at all, I know).

Looking for tips specific to VR in a German cockpit.  Should I reset my head position lower?  What is the best way to do that?  Close the left eye?  I really hate doing that but the German sight is right eyed.  It seems like such a simple thing - look through the sight - and yet I am still having issues with getting it right.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi,

to improve gunnery results, you need all 3 points covered:

1) 90 fps constant to have steadily moving objects is the baseline requirement.

2) Set up your camera properly for each plane once: i) reset seat position ii) move head to look straight, right eye through the Revi iii) press Shift-F10 to save position.

3) To aim, you keep booth of your eyes focused on the target object. The right eye will look through the Revi, but not at the Revi.

Especially 1) is important to become a good shot. It massively improves your outcome.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

This is going to sound silly, but how do you precisely press Shift F10 with a VR head set on.  Pre place hands on the keyboards and then line it up? 

What is the head placement command to set the view?

That head reset actually works in VR?  

Reconfigure the option, I reset the view with a button of my hotas, and I click it a lot

• Upvote 2

Either reconfigure the default head position, or before you take off shift your head right, hit the centre VR button and sit back normally - the sight will then be easily visible.  It takes a little bit of getting used to doing it but I do it in every aircraft as I can't be bothered with resetting the default position.

von Tom

I don't like not being centered in the cockpit. In real life as in VR, your head is aligned with your butt 😁

So you should be centered above your seat.

Default view for german plane is centered on sight, so you are shifted to right. I changed all views of german fighter to be at the right position, above the seat. That means that mostly only your right eye should see the sight, as in real life, I think.

I can share my fixed snapview files, if you want. The default views will be automatically changed.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, c6_lefuneste said:

I don't like not being centered in the cockpit. In real life as in VR, your head is aligned with your butt 😁

So you should be centered above your seat.

Default view for german plane is centered on sight, so you are shifted to right. I changed all views of german fighter to be at the right position, above the seat. That means that mostly only your right eye should see the sight, as in real life, I think.

I can share my fixed snapview files, if you want. The default views will be automatically changed.

I would be interested in those if you dont mind to share! :)

I have the opposite issue. To mee the german sights are the easisest to aim: perpendicular lines pointing at the center are very bright and vivid. With the allies sight it is much harder. Even a slightest misalignment makes the sight look faint. Worst are the British ones, the dot in the center often disappears when it is placed against an enemy, especially if he is leaking fuel or oil.

1 hour ago, mincer said:

I have the opposite issue. To mee the german sights are the easisest to aim: perpendicular lines pointing at the center are very bright and vivid. With the allies sight it is much harder. Even a slightest misalignment makes the sight look faint. Worst are the British ones, the dot in the center often disappears when it is placed against an enemy, especially if he is leaking fuel or oil.

If you play offline try to use my mod.

Hi @c6_lefuneste.
I remember that in your mod there was the possibility to select on which eye you wanted to project the crosshair.
That was very good for me since my left eye is the dominant one and I would like to be able to project it only on the right one.
Is there a possibility to do it without having to use your fantastic mod?
I say this because I usually fly online.
Thank you very much.

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51Costa

P.S: And thankyou very much for make IL-2  flyable and enjoyable in VR!!

13 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Costa said:

Hi @c6_lefuneste.
I remember that in your mod there was the possibility to select on which eye you wanted to project the crosshair.
That was very good for me since my left eye is the dominant one and I would like to be able to project it only on the right one.
Is there a possibility to do it without having to use your fantastic mod?
I say this because I usually fly online.
Thank you very much.

Saludos

15(Span.)/JG51Costa

P.S: And thankyou very much for make IL-2  flyable and enjoyable in VR!!

Hello. I do not know a way to do that without setting "mods on" option on server.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 1:42 PM, kissTheSky said:

Thanks for these, and apologies for the basic question. But where does one put these? Is it as easy as extracting the file(s) to specific plane folders?

.svc files are to be put in data\LuaScripts\snapviews, in il2 installation folder.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

.svc files are to be put in data\LuaScripts\snapviews, in il2 installation folder.

Thanks @c6_lefuneste, I kinda figured out afterwards. Wasn’t sure what JSGME was/is, but decided wasn’t something that would make a difference for me.