Sign in to follow this  
GMfenbeiduo

About the mission builder

My only issue with RoF editor is that testing your missions is pain in the a**. If I recall correctly you have to even close the mission editor before you can launch Rise of Flight. So basically:

1. Make a change in the editor and save the mission

2. Close the editor

3. Launch RoF and test the mission

4. If something is wrong relaunch the editor and continue..

Please correct me if something changed in this front (it was quite awhile since last time I used RoF editor).

Also, if you have ever worked with Arma editor - it hurts to use something like RoF FMB..

Sim that still been the same. I learned the hard way and now I do a ton of stuff before I even do the first test to a mission, thats explain the long list of things to fix after the first tests.

I had a quick look at Arma III editor, for like 5 minutes, and could not understand a thing  :biggrin: I will need to spend some time with it, if I ever have some time. About RoF, it took me couple of months to build my first mission and I still do a lot, and I mean a lot, of mistakes when building missions.

@fenbeiduo: those links that freak you out, can be hidden, when I edit missions I hidde all the OL lines (green).

I've used the IL2 and ROF mission editor. Neither of them are intuitive. I prefer the ROF mission editor for ease of use but prefer the ability to test and IL2 mission without having to shut down the mission editor and start the game.

I would also appreciate a simple missiontest ability for BoS. I have to admit tho, that the RoF edtor is not that bad. It has some advantages as compared with the IL-2 editor which are usefull for complex mission design. Will the BoS editor be an upgraded RoF editor or is there no enhancement planned for the initial release?

• Upvote 1

I would also appreciate a simple missiontest ability for BoS. I have to admit tho, that the RoF edtor is not that bad. It has some advantages as compared with the IL-2 editor which are usefull for complex mission design. Will the BoS editor be an upgraded RoF editor or is there no enhancement planned for the initial release?

I am whit you, i am a mission builder and the test, it must not be long, ex: I edit much things in missions and I dont want to take more time testing it, Launching game, and editor, thant building it.

I agree.  To me it is important to be able to test while in the FMB.  I use that function a lot, testing timings, AI responce etc.  I currently do not have RoF installed and I have not used RoF's mission editor so am unfamiliar with it's functionality.  When I began using the IL-2 FMB  I got nowhere using the explanations in the IL-2 manual.  I had to find Mark Chapman's excellent site Eastern Skies before I found a useful guide.  A lot of mission makers will be coming from the IL-2 FMB and if there are significant differences it would be helpful to have comprehensive information.