See-Through Gauges?

=STP=Darrylx444

Was flying yesterday in VR using the PE-2 ser 87 and noticed that I can see through all the gauges on either side of the dashboard in front of the pilot, right through the lower window all the way to the ground. Didn't try other aircraft yet, so maybe it's just most noticeable here due to the lower window background behind the gauges in the PE-2.

Note: I have reflections turned off for performance reasons.

Is this a known bug?

Think i have seen what you are describing on two or three occasions in the June time frame, but not recently.  I was in a Fw 190A-8.  My impression was the game had gotten into a bad state--i.e., it seemed to occur after having run a number of missions as opposed to having started the game fresh.

=STP=Darrylx444

Forgot to mention: Same exact thing happened to my friend. In fact, he brought it to my attention while we were flying together, and then I confirmed it on mine also.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am able to reproduce the see-through effect i came across while just starting out in IL-2:  with the camera in the player's cockpit (F1), switch to free camera view (F11). 
Works in all four planes I tried.  In a Bf 109F-4 you can then turn the pilot head to look backwards and just see the tailwheel through the wheel well.  Pretty cool feature!  🙂

image.thumb.png.9bcd47b89110a66243e068efdde004d1.png

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
On 10/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, =STP=Darrylx444 said:

Was flying yesterday in VR using the PE-2 ser 87 and noticed that I can see through all the gauges on either side of the dashboard in front of the pilot, right through the lower window all the way to the ground. Didn't try other aircraft yet, so maybe it's just most noticeable here due to the lower window background behind the gauges in the PE-2.

Note: I have reflections turned off for performance reasons.

Is this a known bug?

This is not a bug, do you have the VR camera restrictions checkbox in the camera settings?

• Confused 1
=STP=Darrylx444
11 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

This is not a bug, do you have the VR camera restrictions checkbox in the camera settings?

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, but I don't think that matters, since it happened online on WOL which enforces such restrictions anyway.

And I'm not thrusting my virtual head thru the gauge, just observing it from the normal seated position.

I can see the lower nose window frame continue BEHIND the gauges, and ground details too. It's not a reflection.

How is it not a bug?

• 2 weeks later...
=STP=Darrylx444
34 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Your screenshot is not in VR, but mine is (as mentioned) with Pimax HMD. Also, again, my reflections are turned off. My friend who also saw it was also in VR, but using a different HMD (Rift S) and different settings. I have no choice but to run the latest game version since Steam forces me to update in real-time.

If I have some time I may try to screenshot my settings page later.

=STP=Darrylx444
3 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@=STP=Darrylx444, please be careful, each check takes precious time.

Sorry that I didn't check if it was fixed yet every single day for the last 2 weeks since I first reported it, but neither did you come back and say that you had fixed it either. In fact last I heard you said it wasn't even a bug.

I guess it must've been patched on the recent update Monday, although it's not mentioned in the notes.

It was obviously a real bug, and you are welcome for the effort I took to report it to you. The product is now better than it was before, so mission accomplished.