Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
343KKT_Kintaro

Speed bar in the Great Battles series

Recommended Posts

Hi all. Do you know if whether or not there's a speed bar in the Great Battles series, similar to the speed bar we had in the old "IL-2: 1946"? I know what the 'I' key does in Great Battles but this reveals the heading and the variometer, thus it is not the equivalent to the "IL-2: 1946" speed bar. That latter noted "SPD", "ALT" and "HDG", standing for "Speed", "Altitude" an "Heading in degrees":

 

IL2-1946-Youtube-screenshot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Hi all. Do you know if whether or not there's a speed bar in the Great Battles series, similar to the speed bar we had in the old "IL-2: 1946"? I know what the 'I' key does in Great Battles but this reveals the heading and the variometer, thus it is not the equivalent to the "IL-2: 1946" speed bar. That latter noted "SPD", "ALT" and "HDG", standing for "Speed", "Altitude" an "Heading in degrees":

 

IL2-1946-Youtube-screenshot.jpg

You can change what shows on that bar in the difficulty and interface settings, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see the old speed bar as an option. It was simple and unobtrusive when enabled. The current system works well but gives me more info than I sometimes need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

You can change what shows on that bar in the difficulty and interface settings, I believe. 

 

 

Thank you RedKestrel. The problem is the following:

 

On the settings I find this:

 

 

IL2GB-speed-bar-settings.jpg

 

 

But in game, I find this:

 

 

IL2GB-speed-bar-in-game-1.jpg

 

 

You see? I can't see the speed...

 

Any help?

 

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficulty setting of your game or the server you're on, you need to have HUD enabled. It's one of the green options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

enable instrument panel in realisam options and youll be able to see digital numbers for indicated speed and alt from ground and count for ammo/bombs. Only thing i miss is being able to toggle from ias to tas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

You see? I can't see the speed...

 

Any help?

Is it SP or MP? Expert servers don't allow a full speedbar.

Check it again in the QMB (and make sure the HUD is on).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening =621=Samikatz, CountZero and sniperton. I really thank you guys for all the precious help.

 

I didn't know it was that simple to show a more complete HUD speed bar in "Great Battles". But now I got too much information! (can I choose what infos I display on the speed bar and what infos I do not?, for example: the very same like in "1946", speed, altitude, and headig in degrees):

 

 

IL2GB-speed-bar-in-game-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you sniperton. You said "Unfortunately" but in fact this is not that unfortunate for I don't want any speed bar in my simulation, I only wanted to know how the speed bar works in the game. Now I know. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 'speedbar' disabled but the 'G-meter' is visible though (due to a mod). Anyone knows how to switch it off?

I've looked through the unpacked data a bit and couldn't find anything about the g-meter so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I have the 'speedbar' disabled but the 'G-meter' is visible though (due to a mod). Anyone knows how to switch it off?

I've looked through the unpacked data a bit and couldn't find anything about the g-meter so far.

Same here, seems that the G-meter is bundled with the compass. You can either switch them off both by disabling the HUD, or you have them both on your screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sniperton said:

Same here, seems that the G-meter is bundled with the compass. You can either switch them off both by disabling the HUD, or you have them both on your screen.

 

Yeah, and due to the 'icon mod' I'm using I have to leave the hud enabled (the speedbar, compass, etc. is disabled though by settings in a text file) and so I have the nice points over the planes but the g-meter too.

Really not a problem. But I wish I could see better to disable the rest too. I'd be lost without the small points as icons/labels above the planes.

 

Mr. Magoo :biggrin:

Edited by vonGraf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, for one, would very much appreciate a TAS indicator in the HUD. Obviously it would be able to be toggled on/off via options or difficulty.

 

It would make speed tests at-altitude a breeze, instead of having to go into the game files and figure out pressure, temps, etc, then do a bunch of math.

 

Finally, I could stop explaining to people on Discord that their aircraft isn’t slow at altitude and underperforming. I can’t tell you how many folks on Reddit, Discord, etc don’t know the difference between TAS and IAS, and believe their P-51 is only capable of 250mph (or whatever) at 25k ft because that’s what the HUD tells them they’re doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 6:28 PM, =621=Samikatz said:

Difficulty setting of your game or the server you're on, you need to have HUD enabled. It's one of the green options

How speed bar can even work in multiplayer? :russian_ru:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeev said:

How speed bar can even work in multiplayer? :russian_ru:

 

Server-side difficult settings, if the server owner turns off the HUD, you can't get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...