A fun video staring An. Petrovich

There is a good reason that second seat is empty me thinks.:lol:

Maybe next time they should swap mounts, I would like to see how well he flies that tractor.;)

Take care and be safe, seems such a odd statement after watching that.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Avimimus said:

So... manoeuvres like an Immelmann (the man not the manoeuvre)...

...while flying an ultralight... which is basically a refinement of the pre-WWI aircraft (same lovely view and low wing-loading... but same high death rate).

I suppose there is nothing like first-hand experience, but...

I really hope he is careful... because we couldn't replace the man!

Well I do hope the Dev team insisted him to commit the latest code to the repository of the physiology model before going out on this ride.. 😬  

• Haha 1
  • 1CGS

LOL guys, your comments make me smile! :biggrin:
I'm glad you enjoy this video!

By the way, I added subtitles there, so now you can read and understand (sorry i didn't expect this video to go any viral).

Yeees, as Jason has said I really LOVE this airplane. I have flown 19 different makes and models of airplanes and definitely this is my favorite one (a hang glider is a different story of pure love).

I know, this LSA looks a bit weird... but I assure you it's very strong and maneuverable! An open cockpit is so much fun when you fly around bushes, wearing flip-flops at hot summer day! This is another Universe of sky walking. This amazing plane can fly very slow, because originally it was designed for hang-gliding towing operations. So, it can fly as slow as 28 mph (with my weight) and up to 66 mph (Vne). It keeps controllability when it stalls (this obviously requires skills but if you have them it's easy). And it was designed to be safe at +10G, tested at +6G (with no damages) and was finally limited by -2G...+4G according to POH (actually we don't do negative Gs because of carbs). It is approved for loops, spins, rolls for pilots with proper training (I passed it). So, you can combine in one flight low passes above grass (and feel the aroma of flowers) and really cool aerobatics up there. A flat spin looks awesome on this plane and it is safe, we do it a lot! I gave a good number of rides on the Dragonfly to many fighter pilots, airline pilots, heavy bomber pilots and nobody walked away without big smile and words like "THAT is the plane!" :good:

Thus, regarding my U-turn, don't worry about it. This airplane can do much more. I have made that turn at airspeed about 50-60 mph with a lot of energy, and maximum G-load was not above than ~3G. I had a double reserve of altitude for such turn. The wind was calm and no turbulence (the airplane can tow with 30 mph wind). I have a couple hundreds of hours on this machine (mostly aerobatics), and I'm familiar with it and current. Btw, two years ago I passed my CFI-S exam on this model.

So, nothing really crazy or dangerous, just a very dramatic music and a funny comment from the cameraman. Anyway, I appreciate your concern for me, thank you guys. :thank_you:My motto is: fly safe, have fun! :salute:

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 15
  • 1CGS
15 hours ago, Melonfish said:

Hey neat, they're only about 30k assembled.

Actually about 60k with engine in the US.
However, as I noticed, the initial question: "why it is so expensive? This is only a few tubes and linen thing?" is switched after the first ride to other question: "where can I get money..." :biggrin:

12 hours ago, TX-Zigrat said:

Crazy idea, why don't you make a flight model of that plane as a "collector" plane.

Maybe one day... who knows ))

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

It's nice to see developpers having fun too, they deserve it!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and you passion for flying, your sim is exhilarating and we can easily feel the amount of passion and knowledge in it. It is the work of a very dedicated and successful team :good:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, JG1_Vonrd said:

It wasn't immediately after take-off. He had a full head of energy before starting the maneuver

I agree, No matter what. The pilot know better than us. I find giving advice to a pilot more capable to judge what he is doing than us, is not our place. It was a one off show he performed it for us. And that give me a feeling of gratitude

• Upvote 1

:joy:AWESOME!!!:joy:

The music, the drama, the acting and the action, they were all superb Sir! It is good to see you out from in front of the computer monitor having fun with Real Life.  Are we to assume your Flag Women is your girlfriend or possibly your wife? And your competitor on the 4 wheeler? A relative? Come on Petrovic, you have to share the spotlight with your supporting actors. You may have set a trap for yourself because now your fan base are going to want more videos of you and your Dragonfly flying escapades! :popcorm: Thanks for sharing.:good:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 1
On 10/21/2020 at 5:36 AM, Monksilver said:

That plane reminds me of a FE2.  What's the bet this will start rumours he is doing research for Flying Circus Vol 2

More like a DH2. But then we'd need an Eindecker or a Taube and an Avro 504 or a Bleriot XI and a Sopwith Tabloid. Or Bristol Scout. Need I go on .... a Farman Shorthorn or Longhorn and a Zeppelin LZ-26 or Albatros B.II, Aviatik B.I. etc etc ....

And Be2 ...

Much to do ....

Edited by ST_Catchov
  • 1CGS
5 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Are we to assume your Flag Women is your girlfriend or possibly your wife?

Zhenya is my wife, she is a very experienced hang-glider top-pilot, a holder of PPL and CFI-S. You can read her blog here:
https://zhenya.blog/search
or follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/zhenya.laritskaya/

And your competitor on the 4 wheeler? A relative?

Zaharych is our very good friend, he is also a Dragonfly pilot. :good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ST_Catchov said:

More like a DH2.

Similar but I thought FE2 as that is also a 2 seater with the front seat  lower down than the other. But as we are excusing a missing wing I think we can excuse a missing seat 😄

Hopefully for his next video he will stick a Lewis gun on the front and strafe some pumpkins for Halloween.

• Haha 2

Reminds me of the time we had a Slingsby Grasshopper visit our gliding club for the weekend.   It was uncanny being able to carry on a conversation with the spectators and receive flying hints all the way around the circuit 😄

thats-what-raf-pilots-call-the-eon-grass

• Like 1
15 hours ago, AnPetrovich said:

Zhenya is my wife, she is a very experienced hang-glider top-pilot, a holder of PPL and CFI-S. You can read her blog here:
https://zhenya.blog/search
or follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/zhenya.laritskaya/

Zaharych is our very good friend, he is also a Dragonfly pilot. :good:

Well Mr. Petrovich, you have a lovely wife, and it is easy to see that Zhenya is an excellent Flag Marshall whom is well practiced in the art of flagging and she seemed to maintained a non biased command of the situation while she started and officiated the finish of this challenge match race. I must say though, she did appear to lose her neutral demeanor just a bit when you won the race and she delivered the winning kiss. I have a sneaky suspicion that she was cheering for you the entire time Sir. 

To have one person in this world that you can call 'a very good friend' such as Zaharych , besides a wife or family member, is a very rare thing in this day and age. Count your Blessings Sir.

One final question! Does Zhenya allow you to fly any Flight Sims when you are at home, or is this strictly off limits?;)

Thanks for all that you do with 1C to bring us The Great Battle Series. IL2 has come a long ways since the BOS days and it only seems to be getting better with each Theater. Can't wait for Normandy.

Now, back to work! I want my Hurricane!!!!:joy::pilot::hunter:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1

OMG...I’m soooo glad he’s not my neighbor cuz I could VERY easily see me selling my boat and getting an ultralight with very little encouragement from An. at all. Quad had him off the line but it wasn’t long before he easily overtook him. Seems that’s like all drag races when it’s a wheels vehicle versus aircraft though. And some aerobatics to boot. I’m gonna look into this Dragonfly thingy-mic-bobber. Already looking for my local EAA chapter here. Now that I think of it there was a fixed wing ultralight buzzing our local Menard’s here a few months ago so I’d have someone to fly with.

Damn you Jason! You just had to post this, huh?

Ahhh...found the pics...

837EF958-88E0-4EFB-BC53-970B9A37FF47.jpeg

64E681A3-2973-4BD4-AA24-BFE9C2F25DC1.jpeg

Edited by BornToBattle