about damage model and damageability

ATA_Vasilij

HI,

some points I am witness again and again during flying.

Note1. I dont know if it is bcs of Gers cry or why, but since the very first publish of Lagg 3 and vYa 23 cannon ,  - its power gets lower and lower wiht each new update. From situation when I was able to break down the wing of Bf109 on very long distance even 1km, by one shot, to the actual situation when I hit the center of body of A3 with 5s long shooting from 0.2 distance and I see each granate impact the target, and the plane continues flying like nothing happend.

2. Shooting the wing of K4 I see many impacts and many explosions there and If I take the external view of the K4. There is absolutely NO damage visible. No holes, no cracks,..... like brand new.

3. Fw 190 A3 can holds so many impacts and still flies. NO they were NOT built from undamageable materials. Ok they can hold more. But this is insane experience from the last update. I am not the only one who complain about this. So many cases when you spent all your ammo into one A3 and it still flies like nothing. At full speed, capable almost normal maneuvering. Engine is unrealistic invulnerable.

4. vYa-23 cannon is like shooting with normal light gun. Put the plane down with this weapon is abnormally hard and it seems all German has abnormally heavy planes which are undestroyable. 

No its not about bad aiming. Stats say my aiming is one of the best, I have huge experience with flying and how everything behaves through decades. And something is wrong with damage model. 

5. Mid air collisions. Not finished yet, right? Two planes have collisions and one explodes immediatelly, second continues in flying like nothing happend. So many times seen.

6. I16 - light damage of rear parts of plane like elevators and rudder. The plane is impossible to hold in steady flight! Pushing steep up or down it is terrible flying model with this damage. Each one will tell you  that this is soooo far from reality. It must be much easier to hold the plane. 

7. emergency landing with I16 on the ground. Explosions? really? Did the devs watched tv movie too much, that everything in game is exploding like in Cobra 11(ger action serial), or what? With the speed I had the plane should just smoothly land. NOT explode.

8. Incomparable damage on the RED planes versus the BLUE planes. Oh yeah. I dont say each plane. But many of red planes behave as this: you get one small hit and plane is almost impossible to hold or maneuver, You immediately loose the speed.

Blue planes: get many hits and fly like nothing happend. Is this what see only ME? or the others as well?

Edit: added point nr.9

9. Since last update time by time I can see situation where the plane shoots each other on headons. both are already passed by and going to fly from that point. And with delay 2-4s just now I can see like ammo is hitting the plane. Delayed hits and damage. .... Not seen before. Just in last weeks. And it is not rare.

Thanks for focusing at least on some of the points and trying to fix. Bye

Edited by ATA_Angel-0-
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ATA_Angel-0- said:

HI,

Note1. I dont know if it is bcs of Gers cry or why, but since the very first publish of Lagg 3 and vYa 23 cannon ,  - its power gets lower and lower wiht each new update. From situation when I was able to break down the wing of Bf109 on very long distance even 1km, by one shot, to the actual situation when I hit the center of body of A3 with 5s long shooting from 0.2 distance and I see each granate impact the target, and the plane continues flying like nothing happend.

2. Shooting the wing of K4 I see many impacts and many explosions there and If I take the external view of the K4. There is absolutely NO damage visible. No holes, no cracks,..... like brand new.

3. Fw 190 A3 can holds so many impacts and still flies. NO they were NOT built from undamageable materials. Ok they can hold more. But this is insane experience from the last update. I am not the only one who complain about this. So many cases when you spent all your ammo into one A3 and it still flies like nothing. At full speed, capable almost normal maneuvering. Engine is unrealistic invulnerable.

4. vYa-23 cannon is like shooting with normal light gun. Put the plane down with this weapon is abnormally hard and it seems all German has abnormally heavy planes which are undestroyable. 

No its not about bad aiming. Stats say my aiming is one of the best, I have huge experience with flying and how everything behaves through decades. And something is wrong with damage model. 

5. Mid air collisions. Not finished yet, right? Two planes have collisions and one explodes immediatelly, second continues in flying like nothing happend. So many times seen.

6. I16 - light damage of rear parts of plane like elevators and rudder. The plane is impossible to hold in steady flight! Pushing steep up or down it is terrible flying model with this damage. Each one will tell you  that this is soooo far from reality. It must be much easier to hold the plane. 

7. emergency landing with I16 on the ground. Explosions? really? Did the devs watched tv movie too much, that everything in game is exploding like in Cobra 11(ger action serial), or what? With the speed I had the plane should just smoothly land. NOT explode.

8. Incomparable damage on the RED planes versus the BLUE planes. Oh yeah. I dont say each plane. But many of red planes behave as this: you get one small hit and plane is almost impossible to hold or maneuver, You immediately loose the speed.

Blue planes: get many hits and fly like nothing happend. Is this what see only ME? or the others as well?

Edit: added point nr.9

9. Since last update time by time I can see situation where the plane shoots each other on headons. both are already passed by and going to fly from that point. And with delay 2-4s just now I can see like ammo is hitting the plane. Delayed hits and damage. .... Not seen before. Just in last weeks. And it is not rare.

Thanks for focusing at least on some of the points and trying to fix. Bye

All great points and all that BUT have you try to learn to AIM or maybe fix net problems if its MP thing where things happend, all is ok.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ATA_Angel-0- said:

You had me at 'best', but throwing in a 'huge' there just makes it all the more convincing

4 hours ago, ATA_Angel-0- said:

HI,

you're in Multi Player. The player-to-server-to-player latency is the cause of all of your observations.

Load up Single Player and attempt to do everything you described in a quick mission. There will be a noticeable difference.

=ABr=422nd_RedSkull

Tempest and Spitfire, the same problem from the I-16. Few damage in rudder and you need jump quickly.

Example of the damages in one 190, taht return to base, and Spitfires (Combat Box server):

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

Can I get a large soda and half my popcron sweet, half salty?

Tx

They're all out of sweet, I suspect things are going to get rather salty however. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, -332FG-Buddy said:

C'mon, if the P-47 pilot was better at getting his bullets on target, that 109 would have been dispatched a lot sooner and he definitely wouldn't have the tenacity to continue shooting at the Tempest!

But point taken though!

Edited by Tipsi

• LukeFF locked this topic