SCG_motoadve

Who wants to go flying?

I would ride a jumpseat out to Seattle for it but I'm sure the missus would kill me haha Hopefully you can find an Il-2 flyer to join you!

4 minutes ago, Requiem said:

I would ride a jumpseat out to Seattle for it but I'm sure the missus would kill me haha Hopefully you can find an Il-2 flyer to join you!

Will be happy to take you anytime, I usually fly this plane 2 to 3 times per week, so if you have a flight to Seattle one time just let me know :)

How long time take a flight from Nortern Norway to Seattle? Then 14 days quarantine then flying with you. Then new 14 days quarantine. Yeah I am in 😬

Happy flying @Arthur-A I will envy you every second of your flight if you get it. 
Take photos inside the pit while sitting there and video. Lots of it

• Upvote 1

That is an incredibly generous offer. 

Motodave, you tempt me to take a very long drive from the top of Lake Superior... What a guy!

I know guys from this community would enjoy a flight in this airplane, it has lots of similar stuff with Yaks and LA5s, the cockpit is close to original (some stuff needs to be changed because of regulations )it has a very WWII feel although the plane is from 1972, fuel gauges are the same as what we have in game in Russian planes, RPMs, MP, Airspeed gauges also, trim wheel ,  and flap lever like the yak, and pneumatic systems for gear, brakes, flaps and starter.

image.thumb.png.7cc1deb1761960591bfc357d92dc9752.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’m just right here on Camano, I’ll have to take you up on that sometime. :)

How would that thing do on our scary little strip here on the island?

22 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

We had a great flight, I think Arthur has some good footage he will post, he had great fun.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/42993465

Yep, it was mind blowing! Thank you very much for such a great experience. I've just finished uploading the video. Unfortunately, I could only capture the first part as the battery on my GoPro died. Also, I didn't align it properly, it was pointing a little bit upwards so I had to cut all the parts where all it captured was just skies. Here are couple of videos and some photos:

Photos:
LwBxW4q.jpeg

OjR3uJ3.jpeg

lDNISLM.jpeg

wMZY3LD.jpeg

zIAqkZv.jpeg

Edited by Arthur-A
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

@Arthur; despite your GoPro problems thats some great video and pictures. :salute:

• Like 1