Sign in to follow this  
LLv32_vvaris

Silencing the ATC for the purposes of creating own custom ATC.

I need to get the ATC to shut up somehow, because I have custom ATC system and it keeps talking over it.

Didn't find a way yet, I tried:

1. Turning the fakefield neutral, but then autopilot no longer taxied to the runway, just took off straight.
  2. Setting the plane coalition to neutral, then setting the callsign to none and switching back to Germany. No effect.
  3. I would prefer not to delete any default files because it is a coop mission.

Any ideas?

Edited by LLv32_vvaris

I don't think you can turn off the voice communications between the various AI elements in the game.

You can turn the stock radio calls down in settings. This was another long term request that thankfully happened before Hell Hawks was released (as it uses custom calls)

Hi Gambit21,

I really liked the 'custom calls' in your 'HELL Hawks over the Bulge' which I have enjoyed flying. Can you create 'custom calls' with the current Mission builder? Custom calls are very important in the Western campaigns, because both the Allied and German aircraft were vectored by radar.

DFLion

1 hour ago, DFLion said:

Hi Gambit21,

I really liked the 'custom calls' in your 'HELL Hawks over the Bulge' which I have enjoyed flying.

1 hour ago, DFLion said:

Can you create 'custom calls' with the current Mission builder?

You have to create them outside of the mission builder, but yes you can link those files from within the mission builder. That’s what I did with HH.

I guess you are using "Translator Media" MCU's? (What else? :))

I'd really love to have more ways to trigger those sounds, like when objects spots an enemy and so on. One of the most important one is that "OnDamaged" would work as expected; what I've tested it looks like it triggers only after "OnCriticalDamage" where it does not matter anymore. It would be nice to add custom sounds when someone get some damage (and many other stuff). But it does not matter what you put in "Damage Treshold". At least I have not found any consistency in my tests.

One thing I learned a hard way was to use "Stop Media" in delay with "Play Sound" to get those sounds to work more than once.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:31 AM, Gambit21 said:

You can turn the stock radio calls down in settings. This was another long term request that thankfully happened before Hell Hawks was released (as it uses custom calls)

That is a good point.

Unfortunately not viable solution in my case because I would need to build other sounds and calls also which is time consuming and quite restricted as I cannot make calls ”under fire” or ”enemies spotted”. 

Just now, LLv32_vvaris said:

That is a good point.

Unfortunately not viable solution in my case because I would need to build other sounds and calls also which is time consuming and quite restricted as I cannot make calls ”under fire” or ”enemies spotted”. 

Well it’s no more or less restrictive than it was in my case with Hell Hawks. I chose (by eliminating stock calls) to eliminate certain calls that were less realistic anyway in favor of more realistic calls that I had full control over.

Pick your poison.

17 hours ago, Hanu said:

I guess you are using "Translator Media" MCU's? (What else? :))

You can also use the Animation Operator Translator (see pg. 157 in the editor manual).

17 hours ago, Hanu said:

I'd really love to have more ways to trigger those sounds, like when objects spots an enemy and so on. One of the most important one is that "OnDamaged" would work as expected; what I've tested it looks like it triggers only after "OnCriticalDamage" where it does not matter anymore. It would be nice to add custom sounds when someone get some damage (and many other stuff). But it does not matter what you put in "Damage Treshold". At least I have not found any consistency in my tests.

Check how you have set up the Damage Report and Damage: (Threshold|Step) options in the object advanced properties (see pg. 211 in the editor manual).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JimTM said:

You can also use the Animation Operator Translator (see pg. 157 in the editor manual).

Check how you have set up the Damage Report and Damage: (Threshold|Step) options in the object advanced properties (see pg. 211 in the editor manual).

Thanks Jim, that Animation operator sounds much more elegant way to do it and chain those event.

Also I have to test those damage levels again, I've missed that part about clearing that box.