Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

PC Pilot Magazine Review

PC Pilot magazine have just published their review of IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk!

We are delighted to have received an very high score of 85!

Derek Davis from PC Pilot stated that Desert Wings Tobruk is 'highly recommended'.

To get such a high score, from the most well known and respected flight simulation magazine in the world, is massive for our team, and our community.

The review will be included in PC Pilot's upcoming issue, which will be out this Thursday. Check it out!

Regards,

TFS Team

PC Pilot Review Oct 2020.png

• Like 8

Great!

Will this be only an online publication... or a printed paper magazine, distributed in kiosks and retail shops?

PC Pilot will be available in shops, or you can buy the printed magazine online .. and probably a digital version too.

It's the best publication for people interested in flight sims. There aren't many gaming magazines that cover flight sims, and I've only ever seen one other dedicated flight sim publication (I forget the name of it).

PC Pilot is a very good magazine. Their reviews are usually unbiased, and they often have interesting articles on combat simming, combat tactics, hardware, etc.

They sometime compare various combat sims to illustrate the good points of each sim. In the past they have often compared between BoX/Great Battles; Blitz; DCS. For example they might discuss how each sim deals with flying the Spitfire, looking at start- up procedures and engine management.

Thank you major_setback. I live in France, close to Paris. Shouldn't be difficult to obtain one print of this issue... right?

• Like 1

have just got a copy from local news agent,a long review of Microsoft fs2020 plus the Syria map dcs and of course the Tobruk review

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 2:30 AM, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Thank you major_setback. I live in France, close to Paris. Shouldn't be difficult to obtain one print of this issue... right?

I imagine it is available in most countries

We can buy it here in Sweden from a local newsagent. 

Yep!  Thank you! But here in the France this virus thing is changing plenty of things that deal with the import/export of goods... We'll see.

45 minutes ago, II./JG27_Rich said:

So this is the Nov/Dec edition of the magazine?

It isn't out yet in Sweden, so I can't say if the DW review is in the latest issue. Others have said it is. Can someone can confirm it? If so which issue is it?

6 minutes ago, major_setback said:

It isn't out yet in Sweden, so I can't say if the DW review is in the latest issue. Others have said it is. Can someone can confirm it? If so which issue is it?

Issue 130 Nov/Dec

https://www.key.aero/article/pc-pilot-issue-130-out-now

Yes a great read,14 page review about ms2020,gave a good score and review for Tobruk.

years ago I would buy every month without fail,you would get a dvd 📀 with each copy.

I did enjoy reading this months magazine,lots of interesting things from reviews to write ups about software

years ago ( before steam) a copy had a dvd with rise of flight,I had low end pc at the time so I could not do it justice.

these days no dvds but you can get links to downloads

I still have the old copies and dvds,it’s interesting to see how tech has advanced in the years since

Original review of il2 sturmovik was interesting

just think the nightmares we had in the install games on a dvd days.

when I think of the amount of times I had to reinstall cfs2,cfs3 !!

I did fire up cfs1 and EAW of late, it’s amazing how EAW is still a really fun game,maybe microphone should update it to 2020 version