pennardPetervicar

Images when choosing skins

nope

colour me surprised if anyone corrects me otherwise

Unfortunately, @Oliver88 is correct. I had this discussion a long time ago with @TG-55Panthercules about this. We were both hopeful that the devs would introduce the preview images we had in RoF and he even said he would look into contacting someone about the possibility. That’s why I always make a RoF style 3 x 1 mini preview image of every skin I create. Maybe one day they will give us access to creating those preview images ...

On 10/16/2020 at 11:32 PM, pennardPetervicar said:

Is there a way of showing an image of the skin you are choosing in custom skins rather than just the description

The only way I see and know is, when you start a mission in the QMB.

- Select a map and a plane you'd like to see/fly.

- Load the mission

- Click on the plane's setup button

- Select the desired custom skin - this will be displayed on your screen

I know, method is a bit complicated but you're able to see the different custom skins of each plane.

Cheerio

You might try using the Viewer.  It is located the Viewer folder within the Bin folder.  I recommend using the Windows Explorer app to access the main folder of the IL-2 program and then drilling down as mentioned in the preceding.

viewer.jpg

9 hours ago, photog95661 said:

You might try using the Viewer.  It is located the Viewer folder within the Bin folder.  I recommend using the Windows Explorer app to access the main folder of the IL-2 program and then drilling down as mentioned in the preceding.

viewer.jpg

I think he means when you're actually in the game.

14 hours ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

I think he means when you're actually in the game.

Nope.  Open Windows Explorer and surf to the Viewer folder as illustrated then double-click the Viewer icon.

Edited by photog95661
Clarity

2 hours ago, photog95661 said:

Nope.  Open Windows Explorer and surf to the Viewer folder as illustrated then double-click the Viewer icon.

I'm sure Solidkreate realises what you were suggesting but was instead saying to you that he thinks the original poster is instead asking about checking the skins from inside the game.

Though I imagine you can have the viewer and the game open at the same time? And just tab out too see them before choosing. Or does that make things go funky just as the mission editor can. But besides doing so would only make sense when choosing skins for the AI flights in the quick battles mode. Everywhere else you can just select the skin and see it on your aircraft sitting there in the hanger.

• Upvote 1

You could rename favorite skins to use in your self created missions.

And if they are factory skins, leave the original intact too.