Something must be done vs the most unpopular move in MP

Im simming for about 25yrs (19yrs with IL2) and for the first time I rage quitted online (doesnt matter the server, its the pathetic behaviour which I see now more often than ever). Ppl just exit the server (deliberately) when I hit em good and their plane is spinning towards the ground. They just exit and I dont get a kill. I dont mind a statistic, I really dont mind not getting a kill, but this kind of behaviour should stop. We should have some kind of disconnection/exit penalty counter. I dont know if ppl are doing that for saving their stats or whatever the pathetic reason it is, but its gettin really annoying and happens more often than ever. I can bare shoulder shooting, kill stealing, name it...but this is gettin on my nerve really hard. Its pathetic. They are gaming a game in a worst way.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

(...) They just exit and I dont get a kill. I dont mind a statistic, I really dont mind not getting a kill (...)

So, then, what's the problem? 

You do know you got them ... What difference does it make whether they go 'poof' or go 'boom' crashing into the ground? 

A proper fighter pilot would already be looking for either the next target or the next threat once the previous one has been dealt with ... 

1 hour ago, TWC_Sp00k said:

In Combat box, if you exit shortly after getting shot up, you are awarded a kill against you, so it seems to be a server thing and you my friend, for what you want, are in the wrong server.

Also disconnects decrease your score and stats

1 hour ago, Brzi_Joe said:

When somebody shot me down, then I get experience needed for next time. I don't want to skip it.

If I disconnected every time I was close to death I would spend half my life on the loading screen lmao!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Im simming for about 25yrs (19yrs with IL2) and for the first time I rage quitted online (doesnt matter the server, its the pathetic behaviour which I see now more often than ever). Ppl just exit the server (deliberately) when I hit em good and their plane is spinning towards the ground. They just exit and I dont get a kill. I dont mind a statistic, I really dont mind not getting a kill, but this kind of behaviour should stop. We should have some kind of disconnection/exit penalty counter. I dont know if ppl are doing that for saving their stats or whatever the pathetic reason it is, but its gettin really annoying and happens more often than ever. I can bare shoulder shooting, kill stealing, name it...but this is gettin on my nerve really hard. Its pathetic. They are gaming a game in a worst way.

It was anoying to me also so atleast for IL-2 stats i made edits to punish this:

So you get kill if he disconects if you damaged him ( server host can decide what time betwen disco and last damage counts as kill credit) so he cant avoid from not giving you kill you deserved, and also he gets captured so he loses his points and streak and virtual life so no more benefits for that also.

From devs side they could make so that when you get disconection, airplane stays in air and gets controled by noob AI (like its posible in CloD), and if disco was not intentional when player gets back in game he gets placed back in that airplane if hes still alive. So then unintentional disco because of bad netcode or suden spike dont harm player as mutch.

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

When looking at the sortie logs, it seems to me you killed the pilot and if I remember right, the plane disappears some time after that and does not necessarily crash into ground. Your opponent doesn't have disconnected status in his stats, so could this game feature be the reason for his plane vanishing mid-air?

You, on the otherhand have disconnected status and with that moment of rage, nullified your accomplishment  :(

That also couses missunderstandings i noiced on ts3 with players who dont notice they kiled enemy pilot they were shooting at, as in game when player hits refly his airplane disaperers, so if you didnt pay atention on chat and noticed that you got guy you may think he just disconected on you. Another thing devs should change, leve airplane to crash even when player in it is dead, in real world airplanes dont just disapere like that.

Edited by CountZero
On 10/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, LeLv30_Redwing said:

When looking at the sortie logs, it seems to me you killed the pilot and if I remember right, the plane disappears some time after that and does not necessarily crash into ground. Your opponent doesn't have disconnected status in his stats, so could this game feature be the reason for his plane vanishing mid-air?

You, on the otherhand have disconnected status and with that moment of rage, nullified your accomplishment  :(

Nope, thats completely different thing and its OK. You PK somebody or whatever, the kill msg is there and he doesnt want to wait till plane crash (but again, why? Its few secs). Im talking about deliberately exiting while your plane is badly damaged and going down and your pilot is still alive.

I think that newly-damaged disconnecting pilots should be instantly replaced by a dead bot that counts against them as a death on the in-game scoreboard and external stats.  That way you at least get the satisfaction of getting the kill, you can see the enemy plane crash (not disappear) and disco ducks that want to keep their scoreboard clean of deaths fail.

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
39 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Rage quitting because you don’t get credit for a kill is absolutely the best way to say “I don’t care about stats”.

I didnt rage quit becasue I didnt get a kill. I couldn care less. Those times passed long ago. Of course, unless Im saving my teamate in SEOW but for that we will need to wait a bit more.

I rage quite BECAUSE OF THe BEHAVIOUR of the downed pilot. When I see pathetic ppl I go wild for some reason. At least latey (maybe casue Im gettin old in sims).

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
16 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

That isn't any better.  He exited.  So what.  So did you.

Im more experienced than you in forum and in IL2. dont troll me. He exited for wrong reasons. I exited after landing for completely different reason and I didnt do anything dishonorable and pathetic (like he did). If you think that it is funny try to remember how it was 15 yrs ago in IL2. Oh wait, you cant?

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Im more experienced than you in forum and in IL2. dont troll me. He exited for wrong reasons. I exited after landing for completely different reason and I didnt do anything dishonorable and pathetic (like he did). If you think that it is funny try to remember how it was 15 yrs ago in IL2. Oh wait, you cant?

So you’ve been whining about other people not exiting the game properly for 15 years?  Wow!  Congrats on that achievement, I guess...

17 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

So you’ve been whining about other people not exiting the game properly for 15 years?  Wow!  Congrats on that achievement, I guess...

Im not whining Im yelling out loud...something must be done to prevent pathetic ppl do this. Its not "exiting properly" its cheating and stealing kills from others.

With that said I was on combatbox server and there is a nice settings which somehow prevents pathetic ppl to do this without penalty.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

But you don’t care about stats, so this isn’t a real problem.

It is because 15 yrs ago such pathetic ppl were very few. Whats they joy of doing this anyways?...or shooting at chutes, or strafing crashlanded bomber pilot? We pretend to simulate (to some extent) real WW2 air fights and behaviour. So what would the majority of real pilots in WW2 do, specially on the western front? All theyr doing is runing other fun. Stats? Why we need to play this like its Call of duty..its not. Yeah, stats arent important, specially in dog servers.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Don't you know? Killing the bailed pilot will prevent him from ever flying again. Oh wait, that was in RL.

Is it a bigger score on that stats page for a PK after the plane is shot down? Come to think of it does the score change at any point for a PK as opposed to a shoot down w/a bailout?

Or are people just nasty gits.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:11 AM, GOA_Karaya_CRI*VR* said:

I remember the name of some cowards who goes to alt+f4 for avoid to give to the enemy the kill.. ( those cowards also make parachute kills ).

This is a falsehood.  I have never Alt F4'ed.

• Haha 1
On 10/19/2020 at 8:12 AM, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Im not whining Im yelling out loud...something must be done to prevent pathetic ppl do this. Its not "exiting properly" its cheating and stealing kills from others.

With that said I was on combatbox server and there is a nice settings which somehow prevents pathetic ppl to do this without penalty.

We had people bailing out of undamaged planes when someone gets on their six, so they could maintain a streak. There was some argument about whether this is reasonable behavior -- I think it's not, no way would a pilot trash a plane the minute they get into trouble, it's not like bailing at 500 feet and 500 kph is safe -- but there was no rule in place about it. So I changed the programming in the stats system to penalize pilots bailing out of an undamaged plane. We also have CountZero's patch that awards a kill if someone disconnects shortly after getting damaged.

These two changes have definitely changed pilot behavior, but there are still people who alt-f4 rather than accepting a death.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, DD_Perfesser said:

What you're experiencing Tvrdi is a condition called "growing old", one of the symptoms of which is a decreasing tolerance of idiots.

Heheheheh, I think we're all suffering from that. I think I've aged about a decade in 2020....

Well, disconnecting to save your stats is lie. You are only fooling yourself. I do not go combing through the stats, so thy are really there just for you. So stats can be instructional for improvement or a way of perpetuating a fraud on yourself. It comes down to maturity and motivation. If the game is an ego boost for you, then you will probably do anything and everything to boost your performance. That in itself is immaturity if that is what you value. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys....interesting argument

I've never hitted Alt+F4 and I really agree with Tvrdi that's a really unfair and uncorrect behaviour disconnecting when hitted from another player but I've another point of view.

I live outside town, in the middle of nowhere, (with a lot of plus and advantages😉😄) but a good and fast internet connection it's not among these. So I've the best connection I can have in this place but sometime it's lagging and sometime it's disconnecting for unknown reason ( last mission on Wol it disconnected just few seconds before landing and scoring one of my rare kills) but that's it. So consider that there are other circumstances for disco than those addressed by Tvrdi and these should be in some way considered in a different way from the voluntary disconnection in case devs/server manager find a disco penalty system .....just my opinion.

good flights

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly,

Some of the most frustrating behavior I've seen is on Berloga where we are supposed to be practicing dogfighting. Someone will engage you, you fight, force an overshoot and the moment you gain the advantage, they disconnect/end mission. Seriously!? it's Berloga, you're worried about your Berloga stats?!!

Really grinds my gears. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 2
On 10/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, CountZero said:

It was anoying to me also so atleast for IL-2 stats i made edits to punish this:

So you get kill if he disconects if you damaged him ( server host can decide what time betwen disco and last damage counts as kill credit) so he cant avoid from not giving you kill you deserved, and also he gets captured so he loses his points and streak and virtual life so no more benefits for that also.

From devs side they could make so that when you get disconection, airplane stays in air and gets controled by noob AI (like its posible in CloD), and if disco was not intentional when player gets back in game he gets placed back in that airplane if hes still alive. So then unintentional disco because of bad netcode or suden spike dont harm player as mutch.

This stopped working on WoL, reported a specific case of wol thread

On 10/18/2020 at 12:59 PM, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

I think BSR is a complete jerk like most other folks around here but in this case he's correct.

If you don't care about stats why is it dishonorable or pathetic for him to disconnect?

IS ONLY GAME COMRADE.  YOU FEEL BETTER IN 2 WEEKS BE SURE :)

Edited by JG13_opcode
14 minutes ago, JG13_opcode said:

I think BSR is a complete jerk like most other folks around here but in this case he's correct.

If you don't care about stats why is it dishonorable or pathetic for him to disconnect?

IS ONLY GAME COMRADE.  YOU FEEL BETTER IN 2 WEEKS BE SURE.

Oh the irony. 

Purposely disconnecting demonstrate a lack of integrity and honor on your part. Regardless of you care for stats or not when someone does that too you (and this has never happened to me), it can be frustrating and annoying. 

Whatever. I'm calling a spade a spade. This community has a small segment of really caustic people and he's one of them.  Very adept at toeing the line to piss other users off without getting banned himself.

As for this:

42 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Oh the irony. 

Purposely disconnecting demonstrate a lack of integrity and honor on your part. Regardless of you care for stats or not when someone does that too you (and this has never happened to me), it can be frustrating and annoying. 

I mean I don't purposely disconnect when people line up on my 6 so I don't know what your irony comment is referring to.

But for real: if someone doesn't care about stats, why would they care about getting denied a kill on the scoreboard?

I've had it happen to me a few times.  At the end of the day you know you shot the guy down, and he knows it too.

Edited by JG13_opcode
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

LOL, he created the thread. If he is that caustic, why bother posting at all? Plus, you referred to "most other people" if this forum that caustic, then why are you here? 

Uhh...

BSR didn't create this thread.  He's the caustic one. And when I wrote "like others" I meant that I share their opinion of BSR as a toxic member of this community.  I did not mean that I find most others toxic.

Edited by JG13_opcode
6 minutes ago, JG13_opcode said:

But for real: if someone doesn't care about stats, why would they care about getting denied a kill on the scoreboard?

I've had it happen to me a few times.  At the end of the day you know you shot the guy down, and he knows it too.

Being frustrated with disconnection and caring about your stats are not the same thing. You can be frustrated and still not care about your stats. The persona disconnecting obviously cares, but your frustration is not contingent on caring about stats. To put it in another term, in SP if I have a record day of kills and before I land my computer freezes causing the game to CTD, then that would be very frustrated. I lose the stat, but the frustration is losing an accomplishment, not just the stat by itself. At the end of the day, the accomplishment is still there. The stat would eventually be meaningless once I start a new campaign. 

8 minutes ago, JG13_opcode said:

Uhh...

BSR didn't create this thread.  He's the caustic one. And when I wrote "like others" I meant that I share their opinion of BSR as a toxic member of this community.  I did not mean that I find most others toxic.

ok 🙈

7 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I lose the stat, but the frustration is losing an accomplishment, not just the stat by itself. At the end of the day, the accomplishment is still there.

So you are frustrated because you lose an accomplishment except the accomplishment is still there?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  This makes no sense.

So say you shoot a guy and he disconnects.

The game doesn't give you the kill. There is no other consequence.  You don't care about kills but you still get mad.

Why??

Edited by JG13_opcode
  • Upvote 1