LarryLudwig

FMOD STUDIO NOT during startup

Everything has been working fine for months, but last night I get a white square pop up during the loading of the game that says FMOD STUDIO NOT something... the rest is covered by the title, and of course the game doesn't load.  I goofed with it a couple of times, I had swapped out Hurricanes for Bf-109s in a single player mission and I saw an error message about sound merlin engine come up and the mission didn't load. When I got out of the program and tried to get back in I started getting the FMOD STUDIO error message.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Something to do with the unreal engine, graphics related? Maybe install the game fresh, or the steam client?

Backup your old installation first, and the user folder from 'My Documents/ 1C SoftClub first?

Other Steam games installed recently?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/477160/discussions/1/1620599015895266139/

https://dllspedia.com/fmodstudio-dll/

Edited by jollyjack

2 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Something to do with the unreal engine, graphics related. 

If you don't know wtf you're talking about, why feel the need to hand out advice?

Failing anything else. Have you tried verifying and reloading the local game files via steam (right click on the title in the library then properties I think)-  essentially a repair back to default. Just back up any files in the My docs folder just in case.

First... THANKS for all the help... I would never be able to play these games without the support of you guys. 

I tried to VERIFY the files...  sounds like a great idea... but I don't think it helped. I ran the program again... it locks up when the white box comes out with the FMOD STUDIO NOT appears over the title of the game. It never moves on to load the program so I right click on the taskbar ICON, and it goes to the normal load screen and appears to work. SO, I click on QUICK MISSION and load a stock mission, no changes and it stops with the error message:

ERROR LOADING MISSION

Can't find sound group event:/ bob/engines/Merlin III  or invalid setup

So I click out of that..... and the funny thing is then it returns to the game but it has switched to the SINGLE MISSION and you are on THAT menu now. 

I tried looking up on the internet and I read about another guy similar problem and he said that he went into Multi-player and got into the server but there was no plane and when he went to the outside view F2 his pilot was seated floating in air...  or he was in Wonder Woman's inviso-plane. 

I tried it and got the exact same thing.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.

Thanks again,  sure enjoy this sim a great deal. Hopefully this will sound familiar to someone.

Edited by LarryLudwig

WELL.... of all the crazy things...   a buddy called me and talked me through it... and it was my old Logitech headset. We changed the sound settings and unplugged it and the problem went away. I would have never thought of that. I was thinking it was time for a new headset anyway... so now I guess I will go get one and hopefully no NEW problems.  

Thanks to all that offered help, I truly do appreciate the effort....  so glad to have things working again.

LL

PS..   new headset installed... 100% all good.  Thanks again.

Edited by LarryLudwig
update
  • Upvote 1

"There are more things in computers, Horatio,  than are dreamt of in your philosophy."😜

• Haha 1