AnPetrovich

Developer Diary 263 - Discussion

Well thankfully not everybody has that attitude, otherwise we'd all still be living in caves. 

And that makes me think of this. 

19 hours ago, daliborsky said:

no, old jet trainers in ex Yugoslavia :) The machine guns and "hud" were same as in P-47 :)

Nice!

:).

8 hours ago, Elem said:

But it does. It's been said many times, even in this DD.

But, I have a life and didn't get to read through every single message....Thank you letting me know :).

What if the skill level of the pilot is used to influence the pilot's G tolerance? For example, an Ace would be more tolerant to the G effects than a Rookie.

Just a thought...

On 10/17/2020 at 9:04 PM, Freycinet said:

I can see that the developers have decided to not follow my idea of all players sending in their BMI data for a personalised physical pilot profile. It is very unfair that all sorts of blubbery couch potatos will have the same G-tolerance as a perfect physical specimen such as myself. Oh well, I  guess I will just have to go back to European Air War....

/s  😉

I remember reading some years ago that shorter, slightly overweight and older men made better Stuka plots, can't remember where I read it. I should be great in a Stuka.........

• Haha 1

I read through all the notes, looking forward to trying out the new model. 

Reading about the fatigue indicator - small triangle that changes size based on pilot condition.

I wish the indication was done more with sound. I know there is sound as you enter high g turns, pilot huffs. If there was any kind of breathing sounds indicating the pilot is starting to get fatigued, to pulling g's, then recovery, etc, fully recovered, no breathing type of thing. Some volume adjustment for the effect, or ability to turn it on/off assuming not everyone would like that. 

But without being able to feel fatigue in a simulator. I think sound indicators might feel more natural than just the symbol. 

Just my 2 cents.  

Thanks for the hard work... 

Edited by WWDriftwood
  • Upvote 1

Could do less hearing or even having a version of tunnel vision that is blurry instead of darkness. Have darkness for g lock. Blurry/diminished vision in the "periphery" to simulate fatigue.

We're all tired of 2020 at this point surely, why would we need to model fatigue??? I get enough of that IRL!

/kidding, but only barely

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Love this game and I know I speak for many when I say thank you for all the development work that IL-2 has put into this gorgeous flight sim.  I just wanted to add, respectfully, that the FC community is suffering silently (or at least quietly) with lack of FC specific updates and general improvements that are really needed to sustain interest from the veteran players and add new ones to the hobby.  Seeing fewer and fewer pilots on the FC server is heartbreaking to the passionate FC pilots and discourages new pilots from coming back.  Would you guys please help  by updating the damage model and addressing the other needed fixes sometime soon?  Much much appreciated.  Brian

• Upvote 1