Kuban Autumn Nth Africa Desert Beta upload - Updated version to 4.0 04-04-2021

10 hours ago, Falcon41 said:

Rob,

I’m flying your A-20 mission that was provided in the update, thus the pilot should be set to British, correct?  When I disable the MOD the gunner is fine.  I’ve flown both with the Malta MOD on and off and there appears to be no difference, still get the standing gunner.  I haven’t changed the pilot folder as you suggested, but will in the morning and let you know the results.

Take care of yourself and your family and be safe.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I double checked the A20 mission and it is the British pilot model that is being called for, and I checked in game by viewing the pilot and I can tell its the British pilot model in use as the swapped pilot models I edited all have sergeant stripes on the sleeves and the British model proper has officer uniform applied. 

So we need to work out what files are in your game that are possibly being altered or replaced by the Desert mod that is causing your issue. You could navigate to the character folder as detailed above and change the name of the character folder. this would disable my pilot edits altogether, and then see if you can fly the mission with the gunner in his correct position. 

Could you please PM me a screen shot of your installed MODs, (jsgme window) I can sometimes determine possible clashes from that.

Do you have my separately released British/Russian pilot change out mod installed in addition to the Desert mod? 
Have you tried just having the desert mod with no other mods at all installed to see if the pilots/gunners work? 

As you can see below the gunner is working ok in my install, so its something we can fix we just need to work through it.

regards Rob.

image.thumb.png.ac183a8b4dbaa43a5d52d42f3b3f6c02.png

YES!  Mod will only work if they are enabled through the games GUI.

And no, it's not a stupid question.  The only stupid thing would have been not to ask and keep wondering.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, LF_Sire said:

No joy. This mod doesn't work even with JSGME

May be it is a stupid question but, should I check "enable external mods" on setup page in order to use this mod?

Hi Sire,

As Beebop above says, yes you need enable mods checked. That would explain why you were able to see the A20 mission in the list but when you flew it you were still seeing the normal Kuban map. 

Missions are one of the few items that don't need mods enabled ticked to be able to access them. I will add this to the readme instructions that "Enable Mods" must be selected when using the mod.

regards Rob.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Off_Winters said:

I will add this to the readme instructions that "Enable Mods" must be selected when using the mod.

Good idea.  👍  All too many modders (present company excepted) and especially in 1946 made the assumption that if you are downloading a mod you know all about how mods are installed and used.

It's not an "idiot manual" but just good common sense.  And if it's a person's first time with mods they will (hopefully) learn something that they can carry over to the next mod they try.  Even an experienced mod user can make a mistake and clear instructions go a long way to "customer satisfaction".

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 2
On 4/8/2021 at 4:33 AM, Falcon41 said:

Rob,

I'm having a problem with version 4.0 in that I have the standing rear gunner in the A-20.  I've attempted the fix you provided earlier regarding this issue but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.  

Bill

Hi All,

Bill and I worked through the issue offline and we have resolved this problem, it turned out to be out dated residual files in the main game characters directory that had not been removed by jsgme. causing a conflict with the new revised content. After deleting these old files, Bill's game is now performing as it should.

regards Rob.

Hi Rob. Where can i find that desert air war text banner at game startup? after removing the v4 stuff (JSGME) i still keep getting that  ...

PS i had v 3 first, but deinstalled it with JSGME, maybe something's left behind?

Edited by jollyjack
1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

Hi Rob. Where can i find that desert air war text banner at game startup? after removing the v4 stuff (JSGME) i still keep getting that  ...

PS i had v 3 first, but deinstalled it with JSGME, maybe something's left behind?

G'day Jollyjack,

If files have been left behind, then they would be located here:

\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad   \\data\swf\il2\preloader\logo

if you open the logo folder you'll see the texture files. there may be more than just the Desert Air War textures in there though if you have say Detcords War in the West mod installed. so have a look and just delete the ones relevant to the DAW mod.

regards Rob. 

• Thanks 1