Funnest Tank Sim I've Ever Played

Isn't steel fury a tank sim only? The tactics when needing to deal with player's in stukas, IL-2s and ducks attacking you is unparalleled.  The strategy and tactics involved.  The coordination with other players on comms who are airborne and providing cap and cas is great.

Edited by [308]Banzaii
On 10/14/2020 at 1:51 AM, randybutternubs said:

I still think Steel Fury has it beat but yeah, TC is a good time especially if you can find combined arms to participate in

If you love single player, probably. See what happens when infantry arrive. Unless its like star citizen that should be soon.

As for air cover being great. I actually think that constantly having aircraft over your head specifically looking to kill a very limited number of tanks and even more limited flak is a mite unrealistic. I doubt much air ground cooperation even went on in ww2? I mean did the troops talk regularly with the aircraft as they were overhead?

Edited by [KG]Destaex
9 hours ago, [KG]Destaex said:

If you love single player, probably. See what happens when infantry arrive. Unless its like star citizen that should be soon.

As for air cover being great. I actually think that constantly having aircraft over your head specifically looking to kill a very limited number of tanks and even more limited flak is a mite unrealistic. I doubt much air ground cooperation even went on in ww2? I mean did the troops talk regularly with the aircraft as they were overhead?

Infantry have never been promised. It's another one on the list of things Jason says he wants to add depending on how TC sells. I think TC is a lot of fun under the right circumstances but I think the original tank set was a little misguided (a Churchill and a StuG as a collectors items or replacing the PzIII and ISU-152 which doesn't serve much purpose, including the AAA like originally intended instead of trying to sell the virtually unmarketable. Even the Elephant was an odd decision when they could have gone with something like a Marder), I'm not certain it sold that well and I'm not going to hold my breath on a TC2 or the introduction of infantry. In all likelihood, it's probably not going to happen. Frankly, I don't see it coming any time in the next 3 years. I'd love to be wrong, though.

There are a few reasons that SF wins over TC. Graphics aren't everything. If I went by graphics alone, yeah, TC would win. The only way the gameplay is remotely worthwhile is if you're playing in a group, which I do, and use combined arms. Yes, there would've been a ground liaison in contact with the nearest assigned air regiment. WW2 was the birth of the combined arms assault. Advancements in radio engineering made it possible.

7 hours ago, messsucher said:

Not really a fan of FPS games, tend to play the least of those, but imagining of being transported as paratrooper in Ju 52/Зm is intriguing.

Like Rivaldo said, I think Jason is implying very rudimentary AI units.

Without any other information it's a bit cart-ahead-horse to guess whether this allows the player to issue basic commands to the infantry, if anything like this will ever integrate into the mythical Marshall Mode or whether they will be simple assets that mission builders can place on a path.

Check out geoweb's videos for an example:

Edited by randybutternubs
1 hour ago, randybutternubs said:

Like Rivaldo said, I think Jason is implying very rudimentary AI units.

Without any other information it's a bit cart-ahead-horse to guess whether this allows the player to issue basic commands to the infantry, if anything like this will ever integrate into the mythical Marshall Mode or whether they will be simple assets that mission builders can place on a path.

Check out geoweb's videos for an example:

That looked rather good actually. Got a bit lost in the battle 😄

On 10/14/2020 at 11:35 PM, [KG]Destaex said:

Not on the German side per se, but having preplanned objectives with air cap over the land battle is a no brainer for either side.  Targets of opportunity, such as artillery, AT, enemy tanks and other vehicles.  For our combined arms missions we allow a Luftwaffe Liaison Officer to communicate with Luftwaffe Leader within the battle.  What would be unrealistic is to allow free roaming aircraft to pick off ground vehicles with no consequences, so aircraft, and in particular extremely well modeled aircraft that GB offers being overhead is such an exciting addition to the combat.  Every pilot that participates in our combined arms comments about how immersive it is to have the ground war raging under them and being a part of it.

In our missions there is an extreme amount of artillery.....which aircraft can help take out, in addition to those pesky AT positions...woodlines and farms, mainly....That is, they can try to take out as they are fighting off enemy fighters at the same time...or looking over their shoulders for the enemy.  We usually don't have enough pilots for our missions is the only drawback.

As a side note it's just wrong to think the Germans had this perfect air and ground blitzkrieg harmony ongoing throughout the war.  On all sides there were a lot of friendly fire kills, and the Luftwaffe was no different and they didn't cooperate well between the branches.

Edited by SCG_Neun
  • Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 9:39 AM, randybutternubs said:

Infantry have never been promised. It's another one on the list of things Jason says he wants to add depending on how TC sells. I think TC is a lot of fun under the right circumstances but I think the original tank set was a little misguided (a Churchill and a StuG as a collectors items or replacing the PzIII and ISU-152 which doesn't serve much purpose, including the AAA like originally intended instead of trying to sell the virtually unmarketable. Even the Elephant was an odd decision when they could have gone with something like a Marder), I'm not certain it sold that well and I'm not going to hold my breath on a TC2 or the introduction of infantry. In all likelihood, it's probably not going to happen. Frankly, I don't see it coming any time in the next 3 years. I'd love to be wrong, though.

There are a few reasons that SF wins over TC. Graphics aren't everything. If I went by graphics alone, yeah, TC would win. The only way the gameplay is remotely worthwhile is if you're playing in a group, which I do, and use combined arms. Yes, there would've been a ground liaison in contact with the nearest assigned air regiment. WW2 was the birth of the combined arms assault. Advancements in radio engineering made it possible.

Regarding infantry, it was talked about in terms of being worked on in the linked video. Have a look around 1:10:00 to hear the discussion. Probably something like an element that you can give a path to move along.

• 2 weeks later...

If I attack a tank flying a la5 will I cause damage .With  AP or HE rounds . 

If commander is outside of hatch can he be killed from a strafing aircraft . 

Can any aircraft knock out the tank strafing . 

32 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

If I attack a tank flying a la5 will I cause damage .With  AP or HE rounds . 

If commander is outside of hatch can he be killed from a strafing aircraft . 

Can any aircraft knock out the tank strafing . 

Depending what kinda rounds you're using... Rockets and bombs from IL-2 will do whatever you want.  He rounds will damage the commander from about any plane. 20s from the German  fighter planes will mess the things up  as well. The 37s from either side will destroy tanks if shot at the "sweet" spot.So... close your hatches when you hear a buzzard coming!:help:

Edited by RIVALDO
  • Thanks 1