Madov

AI a/c unable to land after a land command

Hello

I have a training mission where I spawn a flight of a/c and they fly to a waypoint and then receive the Command to Land. I know they receive this command as they then do one more circuit, lower gear and flaps and have their lights on but on runway approach after asking for permission to land always get the 'Runway is full' answer despite there being nothing on the runway. Airfield Object is set with a full taxi path etc. What are the normal reasons for such a persistent refusal for the AI to land?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Often a vehicle too close (under 20m+-) to the runway IME or wind over 5kph.

Both are possible causes in this mission, your assistance is appreciated Gambit21, many thanks. I will investigate and let you know.

I had the wind at 3 mph which is around 5 kph so I dropped it down to 2 mph and now everything works as  it should. I am surprised as 3 mph is not a strong ground wind at all. Thanks for your help here mate.

54 minutes ago, Madov said:

I had the wind at 3 mph which is around 5 kph so I dropped it down to 2 mph and now everything works as  it should. I am surprised as 3 mph is not a strong ground wind at all. Thanks for your help here mate.

No worries. :)

Who would have thought of the wind, i'll try to remember that!

Can it be that wind settings are also influential with circling after a waypoint, and finding a new waypoint or attack command?

I have been testing the Ai behavior with a Uv2s and a Halberstadt on attacking tanks.

Uv2s behaves weird, while with the same settings a Halberstadt blows up Tigers OK.

You'll need TC: