Off_Winters

Short Grass and Field Crops Final version

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Attached is the link to the final revision of the short grass and field crop MOD I have been working on. (which was discussed in a couple of earlier threads about summer grass and flowers started by other authors. I have put a link in those threads that points to this post, and removed the links to previous versions). 

The set is based off an original idea and work that SARFlytitus created, which he based off 4K grass textures from FF*VaSoK*22. I have edited areas of the texture sheets to reduce grass heights and introduce additional ground covering flowers and changed the texture format to DXT5 as per the original IL2 file format. The set is jsgme ready and includes a readme file with full details on how to install and also the credits to original authors that the set is based off. 

The set introduces short grass around airfield aprons, along road edges and around building infrastructure.

This set includes 2 versions of the grass modification. ONLY install 1 version at a time.  Install using JSGME

Set: 1_CW_short grass_V4 includes short grass around airfields and roads with NO low ground cover flowers.
NF.JPG.1076f58ee5fa4a75db57b70aac41cead.JPG

Set: 2_CW_short grass-flowers_V4 includes short grass around airfields and roads with WITH low ground cover flowers.

WF.JPG.5941074aaad2f060379cd739d6c02b69.JPG

Out in the fields you will see larger grass types and taller crop type vegetation with a variety of flower and plant types and low flowering bushes/grass in the fields with areas of sparse vegetation where the ground cover is thin.

If you have downloaded any previous versions please delete those and replace with this set.

regards Rob.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ej3j2na548dkwqe/CW_Flowers_Final_BoS_10-2020.rar/file

Edited by Off_Winters
changed topic name
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

My vote goes for type 1... 

Thanks mate!

( I thought that you are in North Africa presently... )

Edited by esk_pedja

5 minutes ago, esk_pedja said:

My vote goes for type 1... 

Thanks mate!

( I thought that you are in North Africa presently... )

Thanks Esk,
yeah I am, the work over there helped me finalize what I was doing with the grass. theres a unique set that will be included in the Nth Africa area I'm working on.

I can not test it, still waiting for the RTX3080, but I would say always flowers in the grass. 

The short grass at the edges of the small taxiways in winter is a nice touch. I had sometimes problems to see the ways when I had the grass disabled.

Another problem solved! :good:

• Thanks 1

this mod should be in the stock game,now no more sniffing flowers in your cockpit

🌻🥀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wanted to land 'offroad' to see the flowers but ground was too muddy.. :biggrin:

2020_10_6__22_5_46.thumb.jpg.decae6b36d4bbab8ae9e21b6d734126b.jpg

• Like 1

@vonGraf, did you forget the Rasputitsa?

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2020 at 4:48 AM, Off_Winters said:

Thanks Esk,
yeah I am, the work over there helped me finalize what I was doing with the grass. theres a unique set that will be included in the Nth Africa area I'm working on.

Did you manage to implement extra short and rare grass in the Nth Africa... in a current version ?

Thanks, Rob for your effort.

I would be eager to implement it privately... in some of my "sandy" versions that I never uploaded...

For example, N.A. Landscape that was, maybe, too saturated with a dark desert spots... will be less saturated, in a low altitude flight..

iuwyufgnhhyptlq6g.jpg

4 hours ago, esk_pedja said:

Did you manage to implement extra short and rare grass in the Nth Africa... in a current version ?

Hi Esk,

Theres a basic version included in the Bet1 set. but I'm still working on it for NA. I'm playing around with adding in various small cacti type plants on the grass sheet and replacing current bushed with Cacti which will be larger than the cacti rendered on the grass sheet. I'd be happy to give it to you once I have it tidied up a bit more.

I'm revisiting some of the base texture sheets as they are made up of a variety of texture sizes and this impacts how the green bushes you painted into your original set are rendered in game. That's some of the problem you mentioned where some of the painted bushes/dots do not look dark enough.

regards Rob.

• Thanks 1

@Off_Winters Nice work!!
This is the length of grass that the airport should have. I wonder if there is a way to make the grass in the wilderness as long as before.
Does anyone think that the flowers seem a little too pink😛

13 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

@Off_Winters Nice work!!
This is the length of grass that the airport should have. I wonder if there is a way to make the grass in the wilderness as long as before.
Does anyone think that the flowers seem a little too pink😛

Hi Oyster,

The tall vegetation is still out in the wilderness. If you fly about you'll see changes in vegetation types across various farm fields and forested areas.

regards Rob. 
image.thumb.png.052be4c96eb8cc6be3b46e8c93a8e8ab.png 

• Like 1

Well done and great job!

Like this mod, thank you!!

• Thanks 1