German Autobahn for the Rhineland Map

Autobahn?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would you think the Autobahn would be a Good Addition to the Rhineland Map ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care

Everytime I play on the Rhineland Map I feel like somethings Missing, and the main thing to me is the Autobahn, which was like one of the Main Transportation ways and the Beating heart of 3rd Reich Logistics, Economy and Automotion and still is to this day in Modern Germany, and seeing all these Pity Little Dirty roads (Sometimes Cobble Stone Roads) on the maps just Ruins the Emersion and Feel for me, so I wanted to hear what you guys think about it ? Should it be Added ?
They would Obviously Serve as Dominant land marks for Orientation and Navigation and way to move for Tanks and Ground units, and Key Autobahn Bridges would make Great Mission Targets.

Spoiler

netz1940.gif
A Map Showing the Already Existing Route (Thick Black like) and Planed Routes (Thin Black Lines)
Map from 1940

Spoiler

Geplante_Kraftwagenstrassen_1926.gif
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1979-096-13A,_Reic
us-panzer-autobahn-frankfurt-100_v-varia
We All know that Scene from Band of Brothers 😉
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/reichs.cfm

I hope to hear your Thoughts and Opinions about it!
If you have any other Sources like Map or Pictures just post them, ill be more than happy to take a Look at them!

Edited by [N.O.G.F]dotDeutschland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, of course. But the map is finished I've heard.

For me personally the worst surprise was to see that my hometown Duisburg has no harbor and the size it had in medieval.

I'm too afraid to have a look at Rotter- or Amsterdam...  

Edited by vonGraf
27 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

For me personnally the worst surprise was to see that my hometown Duisburg has no harbor and the size it had in medieval.

I feel you on that one, my home town isn't even on the map, it's right below gymnich and to the right of Kerpen to the south west of cologne, even tho it existed during ww2, and even has a massive castle in it

7 hours ago, Lemsip said:

Yea I already saw that one and tried it, looks spot on, I just wish something like that would make it into the official version.

• Upvote 1

I think the entire map need editing - more relevant rivers, roads and correct elevation.

A U.S Soldier passes by an abandoned Me 262 A-1a/Jabo (Wk.Nr. 170312) of I./Kampfgeschwader 51 resting near the Frankfurt Autobahn. 1945.

Image result for A U.S Soldier passes by an abandoned Me 262 A-1a/Jabo (Wk.Nr. 170312) of I./Kampfgeschwader 51 resting near the Frankfurt Autobahn. 1945.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I think the entire map need editing - more relevant rivers, roads and correct elevation.

A U.S Soldier passes by an abandoned Me 262 A-1a/Jabo (Wk.Nr. 170312) of I./Kampfgeschwader 51 resting near the Frankfurt Autobahn. 1945.

C5BGHHRW8AAyRWk?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow look at the size of those 30 mm shells!

Maybe not on the Autobahn and not a 262 but these shells look nice too.

MK103.jpg

Edited by vonGraf
On 10/9/2020 at 1:40 PM, norsetto said:

Yes, the Bodenplatte map is a shame. Lets forget it and move on though, hopefully it will be useful as a "lesson learned" and will benefit future work.

I don´t think so. Many towns, that I know well, are much better, than i had expected. The problem is, that it is impossible for a few devs to fill such a big map as it was. From the castles at the Rhine to the Autobahns. The only way to make it better would be, if modders could create those additional content. How many more copies would have been sold, if the Autobahns were included ? I guess zero, to be honest.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I can’t say I ever really missed the autobahns,  but the zero representation of the Allied bombing around airfields and towns is remarkable in its absence. 

If you would ever play any of the single-player content, you would see that mission designers have done a fine job of showing airfield and city damage (Wind of Fury, Lightning Strikes, career mode, etc.).

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, [N.O.G.F]dotDeutschland said:

hats an Hs 129 somewhere on the eastern front, you can tell by the engine housing and the cannon in the very top of the pic

Ok, I had guessed a Dackelbauch Bf-110, if someone had asked me. But I just see the instruments on the motor gondolas aren't right for a 110.

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 4:10 AM, blue_max said:

I wish they'd open up the maps a bit more to modders...

And then once the moders make the good maps great like they did in 1946 by adding landmarks, country barns and houses, bails of hay, livestock, roads, etc., they could patched into the game like the 4k pits.

I dont like the Rheinland map. The repetitive texture and lack of landmarks, towns and village makes it hard to navigate. Another downpoint is the lack of the Ruhrgebiet Area. The Industrial heart of germany looks like a a gew middle sized small towns in a Green countryside. Not an area where you couldnt dry your sheets without turning grey after a half day.

• Haha 1

I think Jason and Co have proven, if you are a supremely gifted modder there is room for you to take up some work - possibly for pay. Getting every town on the map or even getting ever detail right is not realistic. Make a stunning portfolio with in game modifications/FMB that don't bog the playability and see where it goes from there. The screenshots are a nice start but the quality probably has to be bumped up a bit to qualify. 4K skins by ICDP and other talented modders, careers for pay by those talented with the FMB, and the Velikiye Luki map are prime examples.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Well, IF there's ever gonna be an Autobahn, we'll also need a model of a 3 series BMW with hard-wired high-beams on the lefternmost lane...

...that goes faster than your Yak.

• Haha 1