Sign in to follow this  
Jiggs

Aspect ratio and ultra wide monitors

I’m going purchase a 49inch ultra wide monitor. Can anyone offer up some advice as to whether or not the game can support a 21:9 or 32:9 aspect ratio? And if you’re using an ultra wide monitor do you like it?

I appreciate the reply’s I’m looking at a 38inch 21:9

Yes it is supported and yes I liked it.  The only thing to appreciate is that you lose some vertical real estate compared to say a 16:10.

Personally speaking though VR is the way to go, but that way lies madness and a hardware race with associated cost to get the best fps.

von Tom

Edited by von_Tom

I had a 36 in ultra wide, got rid of it because I got tired of not seeing enough in the vertical.

went to a 43 inch 3840x2160 

makes it so much better with all around visibility!

11 hours ago, 69th_Panp said:

I had a 36 in ultra wide, got rid of it because I got tired of not seeing enough in the vertical.

went to a 43 inch 3840x2160 

makes it so much better with all around visibility!

So true, this is why I never bought one. I still wait for a curved double (and not triple) monitor. This would be two standard 4K monitors side by side into one and curved.

As for example I have one 43" 4K 3840x2160 monitor. I would love a double one curved. That is 7680x2160 monitor. Same height and double the width. To be honest a double 40" would be perfect due to screen distance issues.