Sign in to follow this  
BlakeStone

shaky 2D gunsights in VR

Just got Tank Crew today. I am aware of the bugs in VR such as issues such as player not rotating with the turret etc.

Besides this annoying are probably the 2D gunsights and violent shaking in gunsights despite being static. Does anyone else have this shaking issue with gunsights? I have Rift CV1 HMD.

Also have a CV1.

Do you mean the internal gunsights in the tank, or the "press face into gunsight" mode? It's definitely shaky for me in the latter, former is fine but everything is so small I can't make out the numbers on the ranging marks and the zoom is so small I can't see anything past about 500m.

Binoculars are also incredibly shaky. Using them is a "Michael J. Fox on cocaine" simulator. Hilariously enough if you actually hold the HMD with your hands like you would real binoculars it helps :biggrin:

Edited by Altair3go

I have a Rift and I use 2 buttons for VR zoom and to be honest I think that max zoom in VR is very good. The sights are clear but how you use them on the T-34 and Sherman is unclear.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it’s shaky.  Really a shame as it hard to be a VR gunner with all the uncontrollable movement

Vr user, my view/sights rotate with the turret and the only time it shakes is when I fire the gun (or get hit!) When I use the maximum zoom in gunsight mode  it is really good.

Are you suggesting that ASW is making the 2-d shake?  I don't think so that's the case.  When I fly in a bomber and use the bombsight (in VR) it is rock steady.  When I get into a tank and use the gunsight view it is a shake fest.  

It really needs to be steady in order to be used correctly.