Sign in to follow this  
Yardstick

Residual Bugs

First up congratulations to the TFS team for the steady progress that they are making in moving this sim forward.  I was critical for the initial Tobruk map and they have taken that feedback onboard and made a number of improvements to the textures that have addressed many of my original concerns.   

However, there a few annoying bugs that I would like to draw to the team's attention.

1).  Bf109 engine surging in certain missions (E and F models). For me the 'Channel dogfight even' quick mission almost always results in my engine surging inexplicably if an enemy plane is close by (usually on my six or passing head-on).  Apparently this is a longstanding issue, although I never encountered it prior to installing Tobruk.

2).  Guns firing after the trigger has been released.  I am getting this increasing frequently with both primary and secondary guns (i.e. on separate physical triggers).  The guns continue firing after the trigger is released and will only stop if the trigger is pressed and released again (I've put in probably 20 hours of flying in IL-2 BG this week, so am confident it is a CLOD issue not hardware). 

3). AI P-40s using impossibly fast evasive rolling.  Again in quick missions (Tobruk 'Blue Dogfight'), the AI P-40's (Tomahawks and Kitty's) will evade by barrel rolling insanely fast, completing a full rotation in about 1 sec.  I'm not sure how this is even possible because I was under the impression that the AI used the same FM as the player and I sure as hell can't get the P-40 to roll like that even if I get a wing shot off!    

1 hour ago, Yardstick said:

1).  Bf109 engine surging in certain missions (E and F models). For me the 'Channel dogfight even' quick mission almost always results in my engine surging inexplicably if an enemy plane is close by (usually on my six or passing head-on).  Apparently this is a longstanding issue, although I never encountered it prior to installing Tobruk.

This is one the the CloD "haunted" things - like a given QM over London that result in player parachute failure in 100% of cases.

The version of "Dogfight even" QM with Spit x Bf 110 have the same issue, player Spitfire engine goes for 100% power depending on enemy plane position on his 6. 

The version with Bf 109 x Spit is more or less copy of the previous, seems that the "gosh" resides in this specif part of Channel wheres action happens, south of Wilmington. :ph34r:

The bugs that have been in the games for ages are very annoying, I love the game but i wish these long standing issues could be fixed. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, keeno said:

The bugs that have been in the games for ages are very annoying, I love the game but i wish these long standing issues could be fixed. 

We should start calling them "hamsters" rather than keeping calling them "bugs". That way we would be sure that there are no more bugs in our favorite combat flight sim.