Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

Upcoming patch 008 - Changelog

Hi All, 

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Here is this weeks changelog, which includes a number of much requested improvements.

*** Tobruk Map: Added inner desert salt flat areas.

*** Tobruk Map: Added southern desert emergency landing grounds.

*** Tobruk Map: Added Speedtree rocks.

*** Tomahawk pit: Increased the size of 6DoF box & added gun shake when

firing

*** Tomahawk overlay texture update

*** Beaufighters: Fixed Open Side Windows Exception

*** Ju-88s Twin Gun Turret Fix

*** Channel Map: France texture modifications

*** Updated aircraft ground impact effects

*** Fixed overbright glass reflections inside cockpit

Regards,

TFS Team

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Really appreciating the constant and consistent updates that keep making an already great game even better. Tobruk is probably the best purchase I've made all year.

You can really tell the level of care and commitment the team has for the sim when you look at the work that is continuously put into it.

Much respect to TFS for all their work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Are the improved shoreline textures in the water on Tobruk map part of the latest patch, or were they implemented previously and I just didn't notice them earlier? In either case they look bloody awesome! Not sure where to look for "speedtree rocks", though.

Edited by Art-J

What I have noticed is very nice.  A few screenies detailing the changes would be helpful if you get the time.

7 hours ago, Art-J said:

Are the improved shoreline textures in the water on Tobruk map part of the latest patch, or were they implemented previously and I just didn't notice them earlier? In either case they look bloody awesome! Not sure where to look for "speedtree rocks", though.

I think it is just preparatory/ background work so far.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:09 AM, ATAG_Pattle said:

Fiters did a good job cleaning canopy. 😁

Spitfire_canopy.jpg.265f734fcfa68ec89a5d7a5bb101debc.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 10/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, ATAG_Pattle said:

*** Tomahawk overlay

Hi Pattle and fellow community members,

Speaking of overlay's, I've just finished a Basic one for the Bf 109F-4. It's the one we see in game above all the other layers. Less is best in this case, it covers every thing... It leaves plenty of room for the skin makers to do their thing, as there is many different variations out there.

Also in the process of checking a multiple layer template for the Bf 109F-4, which I'll be more than happy to share when satisfied with the end result.

Please use, (for this sim). It's a bit tricky to check, under the existing one already present.. Think it's all there? If not, let me know.

Also there is a small green square, located in the "Top Right Hand Corner" of the *.png, which is used for checking alignment.

Check it out.

Look at the Machine gun area on the nose, and everything else. Thought & effort went into this.

Below is a *.jpg, on a blue BG to get an idea of what it will appear like and within the link, (at the bottom of this post), is the *.png with no background.

Bf-109F-4-Game-Overlay.thumb.jpg.75c30ea25846b68a948ae91647d562c2.jpg

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/wemmwkj50ntrm/Desert-Wings-Tobruk-IL-2

Kind Regards,

Boomerang

Edited by Boomerang
Link updated to a folder.

Imho the reflections were toned down too much. Flying in bright daylight again gives the impression of not having any canopy glass at all.

Maybe a compromise between the state before 5.008 and the way it is now can be found @TheVino3?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, Karaya said:

Imho the reflections were toned down too much. Flying in bright daylight again gives the impression of not having any canopy glass at all.

Maybe a compromise between the state before 5.008 and the way it is now can be found @TheVino3?

Will take another look at them 🤠 difficult to balance them so they dont blind you at dawn and dusk, especially when there is clouds around. 

Edit: there is actually an easy fix I can make to this which will be the best of both worlds. Should be in the next patch.

Edited by TheVino3
  • Like 1

I was happy with the reflections in version 5.007 as I'm happy with them as they are now in version 5.008. Before 5.008 they were more intense but I find they are quite realistic in both stages of development. This is only my opinion.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, Boomerang said:

Hi Pattle and fellow community members,

Speaking of overlay's, I've just finished a Basic one for the Bf 109F-4. It's the one we see in game above all the other layers. Less is best in this case, it covers every thing... It leaves plenty of room for the skin makers to do their thing, as there is many different variations out there.

Also in the process of checking a multiple layer template for the Bf 109F-4, which I'll be more than happy to share when satisfied with the end result.

Please use, (for this sim). It's a bit tricky to check, under the existing one already present.. Think it's all there? If not, let me know.

Also there is a small green square, located in the "Top Right Hand Corner" of the *.png, which is used for checking alignment.

Check it out.

Look at the Machine gun area on the nose, and everything else. Thought & effort went into this.

Below is a *.jpg, on a blue BG to get an idea of what it will appear like and within the link, (at the bottom of this post), is the *.png with no background.

Bf-109F-4-Game-Overlay.thumb.jpg.75c30ea25846b68a948ae91647d562c2.jpg

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/rtxiaoyhkfpku7c/Bf-109F-4-Game-Overlay.png/file

Kind Regards,

Boomerang

Sorry, but I'm afraid it is not as simple as just replacing that layer. We would have corrected the text/stencils etc. if it was that easy.

The same probably goes for the 109F.

9 hours ago, major_setback said:

Sorry, but I'm afraid it is not as simple as just replacing that layer. We would have corrected the text/stencils etc. if it was that easy.

The same probably goes for the 109F.

Thank you for the reply. Honestly, I have no idea how this is implemented within this Sim.

If it's to difficult to achieve, no problems, it's there for this title, as it wouldn't match/marry with anything else that's out there.