Voodoo_Jager

Rear view mirrors

Why is the rear view mirror on some aircraft angled so you can’t see behind you on certain aircraft. Particularly the P51 and spit 1x? 
thanks. 

You can see behind your plane on every plane that has a mirror. If you can't, then that means you've moved your camera position from the default settings.

• Upvote 1

Yea, unfortunately you can adjust the default head position of the pilot, but not adjust the angle of the mirror to compensate. 

Hmm the Spit Mk IX and the P-51 are the two planes I am currently flying in PWCG campaigns, can't say I have seen that problem with the mirrors.

I see this also. At least this is what I'm assuming is the issue the op is referring to. I've not edited the views other than to change the zoom. The positions are same as default. Tend not to take the mirror in the Mark 9 because of this. The default position with the Mark 9 gives;

876436689_Il-2Sturmovik30_09_202023_46_17.thumb.png.e864e18306933b0000ef690fa681533f.png

The Mark 5 is alright.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 2

The P-47D-22 had the same issue when it was first released.  I flagged it up in the bug section and it was fixed in an update. 

I agree that the mirrors on the Spit IX and P-51D are both angled too low - fine for doing your lippy but for spotting a bandit on your six, not so much. 

12 hours ago, Yardstick said:

fine for doing your lippy but for spotting a bandit on your six, not so much. 

Poor Lippy Sinks Shippies.

• Haha 1

Would be nice if they were adjustable, but not sure if the implementation would allow that.

Slightly OT Back in the original IL-2 use of mirrors was said to eat up a few FPS’s My question is does the optional use of mirrors in any of the options use an excess of FPS? I love the eye candy of mirrors but find them of little use in game. I do remember in an interview with German ace Gunther rall in which he stated that when a mirror were installed on his 109, he found it virtually useless because of its size & vibration.

42748955-F2B6-4777-A03E-D8768EB421C7.jpeg

CE96EB5A-810C-4058-8FD3-09ED7D20A092.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Slightly OT Back in the original IL-2 use of mirrors was said to eat up a few FPS’s My question is does the optional use of mirrors in any of the options use an excess of FPS? I love the eye candy of mirrors but find them of little use in game. I do remember in an interview with German ace Gunther rall in which he stated that when a mirror were installed on his 109, he found it virtually useless because of its size & vibration.

42748955-F2B6-4777-A03E-D8768EB421C7.jpeg

CE96EB5A-810C-4058-8FD3-09ED7D20A092.jpeg

Yes, you can see by the design of the mirror installation in this picture of the 109 why it would vibrate badly; not the best engineering solution.  The Spitfire solution pictured in a previous post by above, by Kurtis_NEWTON, looks like it would function much better.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Upvote 1

In VR this game has the best mirrors of any sim, when you move your head closer the correct effects happen, your distant field of view increases.  The resolution is equal in quality making them outstanding for spotting.  Even the zoom works in the mirror reflection.

• Upvote 3