Jump to content

Rear view mirrors


Voodoo-BlackDog

Recommended Posts

Voodoo-BlackDog

Why is the rear view mirror on some aircraft angled so you can’t see behind you on certain aircraft. Particularly the P51 and spit 1x? 
thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see behind your plane on every plane that has a mirror. If you can't, then that means you've moved your camera position from the default settings.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this also. At least this is what I'm assuming is the issue the op is referring to. I've not edited the views other than to change the zoom. The positions are same as default. Tend not to take the mirror in the Mark 9 because of this. The default position with the Mark 9 gives;

 

876436689_Il-2Sturmovik30_09_202023_46_17.thumb.png.e864e18306933b0000ef690fa681533f.png

 

The Mark 5 is alright.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The P-47D-22 had the same issue when it was first released.  I flagged it up in the bug section and it was fixed in an update. 

 

I agree that the mirrors on the Spit IX and P-51D are both angled too low - fine for doing your lippy but for spotting a bandit on your six, not so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
EAF19_Marsh
12 hours ago, Yardstick said:

fine for doing your lippy but for spotting a bandit on your six, not so much. 


Poor Lippy Sinks Shippies.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly OT Back in the original IL-2 use of mirrors was said to eat up a few FPS’s My question is does the optional use of mirrors in any of the options use an excess of FPS? I love the eye candy of mirrors but find them of little use in game. I do remember in an interview with German ace Gunther rall in which he stated that when a mirror were installed on his 109, he found it virtually useless because of its size & vibration.

42748955-F2B6-4777-A03E-D8768EB421C7.jpeg

CE96EB5A-810C-4058-8FD3-09ED7D20A092.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
ACG_Talisman
54 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Slightly OT Back in the original IL-2 use of mirrors was said to eat up a few FPS’s My question is does the optional use of mirrors in any of the options use an excess of FPS? I love the eye candy of mirrors but find them of little use in game. I do remember in an interview with German ace Gunther rall in which he stated that when a mirror were installed on his 109, he found it virtually useless because of its size & vibration.

42748955-F2B6-4777-A03E-D8768EB421C7.jpeg

CE96EB5A-810C-4058-8FD3-09ED7D20A092.jpeg

 

Yes, you can see by the design of the mirror installation in this picture of the 109 why it would vibrate badly; not the best engineering solution.  The Spitfire solution pictured in a previous post by above, by Kurtis_NEWTON, looks like it would function much better.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
[CPT]Crunch

In VR this game has the best mirrors of any sim, when you move your head closer the correct effects happen, your distant field of view increases.  The resolution is equal in quality making them outstanding for spotting.  Even the zoom works in the mirror reflection.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Voodoo-BlackDog
On 10/1/2020 at 1:59 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Yeah the spit IX mirror is poorly angled by default. 

Yes, this is my point. And my question is Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Noisemaker
On 9/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, LukeFF said:

You can see behind your plane on every plane that has a mirror. If you can't, then that means you've moved your camera position from the default settings.

The problem is that the default setting has the pilot's head somewhere above the control stick.  That would be somewhat uncomfortable, not to say visually restricting, over a longer flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...