1. 1. Sea planes

• Ar-196
    • He-115
    • MBR-2
    • Be-4
    • Po-2 Seaplane variant
    • Ju-52 Seaplane variant
    • PBY

Would a seaplane suit the il2 enviroment? And if yes, what plane would you like to see for the eastern / european theater?

Edited by 76IAP-Black

I always wanted a Walrus when I was playing CLoD to pick up pilots that had to ditch in the Channel.  I don't suppose they were used during the BoN phase and after as launches would be easier.  I know the Russians had Air-Sea Rescue in the Black Sea but cannot remember what they used.

in the old il2 days, the Rufe was a nice addition, but we never get the bifloat plane as the Ar196 is or something similar. 

It opens the gameplay a bit more and even if it is just for sightseeing. Would be great to have it ingame, even the PBY would be great for a similar price as the Ju-52 came out! The He-115 would be outstanding!!!

This should be possible , since rof had no lack of seaplanes. My activity rised 400% when they arrived. Since I uninstalled GB entirely I might pick up ROF and have a go again. For me it is just marvelous flying. 

Here is what I am willing to pay:

Arado 196- 300$

dcb6c8bbf74afc9ae608f5a79b9adc16.jpg

HE 115        400$

He__115.jpg

BV 138 500$

Blohm_und_Voss_Bv138.jpg

DO 22 200$

tumblr_nbsgiwW3YO1sigqbgo1_500.jpg

PBY             400$

Short Sunderland 600$

Included in the price should be working sink mines . Magnethic mine roundel Torpedoes and depth charges

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The developers know how to do it. See RoF, and in particular see the magnificent Felixstowe F.2A flying boat.

All they need is an appropriate aircraft for a specific map/period, and the necessary documentation. And for people to pester them endlessly about adding one. 😉

I want a Walrus. With an elephant. 😀

800px-An_elephant_pulling_a_Supermarine_

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I greatly enjoy flying the MBR-2 in 4.14 of IL-2 1946, and I think it would be a great addition to this game.

Same with the Ju-52 seaplane version, we have a flyable Ju-52 in the game, and the seaplane version would be another great addition.

But likely after BoN.

• Upvote 1

If the seaplanes have some appropriate mission profiles available. Rescue, reconnaissance or spotting for big naval guns for example,  then sure bring them on.  If not...

14 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

The developers know how to do it. See RoF, and in particular see the magnificent Felixstowe F.2A flying boat.

All they need is an appropriate aircraft for a specific map/period, and the necessary documentation. And for people to pester them endlessly about adding one. 😉

I want a Walrus. With an elephant. 😀

800px-An_elephant_pulling_a_Supermarine_

Damn I forgot the Walrus. Since it had two main task I would pay 300 $ for it. 
Rescue missions would be a good mission

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Short S.25 Sunderland (Flying boat bomber) | The Few Good Men

This is the best flying boat used in WW2.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Nope. Not the best. Very good, but not the best.

PBY Catalina

See the source imagePBY-5A_USCG_at_French_Frigate_Shoals_1953.jpegSee the source image

Coastal patrol, SAR, minesweeper, anti-submarine, firebomber, airliner, research and an amphibian that can land on sea or land without modification. A high efficiency wing and a long flight duration. Licence built by the Soviets as the GST, so we could have it in the Kuban map.

Edited by Reggie_Mental
  • Upvote 3

I ❤️ sea planes.

Especially flying boats, but all of them.

• Upvote 1

The 196 and PBY would be an instant preorder for me. For the Catalyna, it is a more versatile plane cause of the landing gear. You could start on land, fly to a lake or river, pic something up and fly back... would be cool! And more unique to anything that is in DCS now 

I think the PBY would be an interesting addition to game play, both single and MP. Rescuing downed pilots could make an interesting scenario, both in the ETO and other watery theaters. Of course they'd need to float instead of sinking like rocks.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:29 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I always wanted a Walrus when I was playing CLoD to pick up pilots that had to ditch in the Channel.  I don't suppose they were used during the BoN phase and after as launches would be easier.  I know the Russians had Air-Sea Rescue in the Black Sea but cannot remember what they used.

Maj. Leonard "Kit" Carson mentions in his book about flying CAP over a downed PBY in the North Sea in late March 1945 so it would be historical.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Maj. Leonard "Kit" Carson mentions in his book about flying CAP over a downed PBY in the North Sea in late March 1945 so it would be historical.

North Sea ≠ English Channel

Edited by Oliver88

Just now, Oliver88 said:

North Sea ≠ English Channel

My point was, they were still in use in 1945. I'd bet it wouldn't take a ton of research to find that they were used somewhere in the English Channel. Especially after D-Day. That's for someone else to worry about. I only offered up a suggestion for their use.

Voted for the Ar-196, He-115 and MBR-2.

I know the Ar-196 was used operationally over the Black Sea to hunt Soviet submarines and protect Axis shipping. Also, I've seen it in person and it's a lovely plane.

The He-115 and MBR-2 were extensively used around Crimea and Kuban, so both make sense.

Posted (edited)

Been wanting to see the He115 for ever. By forever I mean at least 50 years - an all-time favourite plane.

The MBR-2 is totally necessary for the VVS.

Member of the Catalina Society https://www.catalina.org.uk/

The Bv138 is such a looker.

Ar196 was fun in Il-2 46

Unfortunately there are one too many engines on a Sunderland, but bring on the rest!

Edited by 216th_Cat

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 216th_Cat said:

Been wanting to see the He115 for ever. By forever I mean at least 50 years - an all-time favourite plane.

The MBR-2 is totally necessary for the VVS.

Member of the Catalina Society https://www.catalina.org.uk/

The Bv138 is such a looker.

HE 115 has a special place in me too. But Bv 138 got the cool magnetic ring to detonate mines. I would fly these seaplanes forever. MBR 2 was pretty cool in old IL 2

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

11 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

O7TzYi.jpg

/thread

Yep - Emily.

That’s the dream.

Maritime patrol over the Solomons in that thing is my ultimate flight sim wish.

38 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Yep - Emily.

That’s the dream.

Maritime patrol over the Solomons in that thing is my ultimate flight sim wish.

Been there in '46.  Me bombing the Cactus Air Force...

cactusraidle4.jpg

Just now, BlitzPig_EL said:

Been there in '46.  Me bombing the Cactus Air Force...

cactusraidle4.jpg

Nice - I left before that happened.

Depending on how things shake out, I may end up back thee at some point.

I'll be flying PTO aircraft somewhere in something within the next handful of years, let's put it that way.

I hope we can do it here Gambit.

I uninstalled '46 a while back.  It was one of the hardest things I've done in my flight sim life, but to be honest, I just couldn't be bothered to reset all my controls again.  Same problem I have with Cliffs, all my assignments got messed up, and I just can't be bothered going through that agony for a sim that no one plays.

52 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I hope we can do it here Gambit.

Me too.

I hate setting up controllers.

I'm not going to do it again until the Mossie arrives...and I just have a twist stick.

We are lucky to setup general controls and Not individualy for wach Pläne the same Buttons again Like in DCS 

To have the 196 would be great for the beginning.

The Catalina ist a plane with maybe 3 Cockpits. The far die the blisters ist Just one room

As a test, could floats be added as modification to the Ju-52 we already have? This would certainly increase sales of the collector plane and the work for the devs would be rather small.

That was also my idea and they could sell it for lets say 5$ or so as a modification.