Looking to add more skins to TC as Official

Jason_Williams

Oh I see, it's only me and I'm not a developer.

I simply know to to paint, draw, i've made skins for il-2.

I have paintshop pro 2018. 

and I've studied WWII  extensively.

If you can put me in touch with a developer that would be fine.

I'm eager to help if i can.

1 - That’s up to Jason and his team, not us.

2 - (1) Servers don’t care - there is no accommodation for transferring skins a la IL2-46.  Skins under IL2-46 were relatively small - 1024 if I recall, so uploading and downloading skins during network sessions wasn’t that much of a issue.  IL2-GB skins at 2K/4K represent a network load issue considering the map sizes and mission sizes being downloaded for multiplayer as well.  (2) Skins are not mods unless created specifically for a JSGME install, so skins are allowed in multiplayer online (as the previous discussion shows).  Making the skins “default choices” in game would mean everyone would get them in their installation and thus they would be visible to all other players.  

3 - TC is being developed outside of 1C/777.  I don’t think team sizes are know by too many of us.

4 hours ago, joes44 said:

Oh I see, it's only me and I'm not a developer.

I simply know to to paint, draw, i've made skins for il-2.

I have paintshop pro 2018. 

and I've studied WWII  extensively.

If you can put me in touch with a developer that would be fine.

I'm eager to help if i can.

You can create and post your skins right here in this forum and other areas without getting involved with 1C/777 as a developer.

Alexander9822
11 hours ago, Jadgtiger said:

Will the skins be official so that they can be used on the multiplay servers?

If you skin is chosen then yes.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
migmadmarine

If submissions are still being taken, are captured skins permitted? I personally am fascinated by the use of captured equipment in combat, which was quite common with tanks, especially with the Germans. Also, with the skins that are meant for things like Panther Gs going on the D model we have, can there be a note like "historically a G model" or something in the description? Seeing them potentially in game officially kinda bugs me a bit, would be like having official Bf-109K paintjobs as skins for the 109E-7. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
SCG_FeuerFliegen

Does anyone know if we'll actually be getting any more official skins for TC?

####   SHERMAN #####

3rd Country of london Yeomanry , British Army ,Sicily 1943

Spoiler

photo_19_1364112714.jpg

BEST_A1.jpg

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o06ry4oq6o1k7so/%231__M4A2_Shermen_Sicilien_2.zip/file

M4A2_Sherman Sicilien 3.jpg

639_1 (2).jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
LetsGoBrandon

How soon until we get these skins into the Official folder?  My votes for the German team are the: PZK4: the "622 Normandy" skin: it has great /spring summer/autum blending color.  PZK5D Panter: Any of the Hinterhalt Tarnung versions and/or the 12th SS Hitlerjungend skins - also for great forest/bush blending effect.  PZK6 Tiger: The Villers-Bocage 222 or the Normandy Wittman 007 would both be great.  I hope we get these, or any of the others soon!!   They are all great and would provide a much welcomed deep-historical aspect to the game

Edited by 11thPanzer_Pete

DarkZenith
On 3/15/2021 at 3:32 AM, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

How soon until we get these skins into the Official folder?  My votes for the German team are the: PZK4: the "622 Normandy" skin: it has great /spring summer/autum blending color.  PZK5D Panter: Any of the Hinterhalt Tarnung versions and/or the 12th SS Hitlerjungend skins - also for great forest/bush blending effect.  PZK6 Tiger: The Villers-Bocage 222 or the Normandy Wittman 007 would both be great.  I hope we get these, or any of the others soon!!   They are all great and would provide a much welcomed deep-historical aspect to the game

Given the length of time which has now elapsed, I suspect they have given up on the idea, which is unfortunate. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
[KG]Destaex

A great ,shame if we do not see them. Maybe when the AA Trucks come out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
VSN_Razor

Seems to be the case. Such a shame, there would have been many nice skins around.

• Upvote 1

DIMON-211289

Who can make DAS REICH all the skins?27329_35013-2.jpg.ac5cc684fe5c09d4c40e186e574d9ac6.jpg

Or those one from Kursk battle too?27329_35012-2.thumb.jpg.81bd179af44e56ea5b2c2c1f71da3cf8.jpgfngyjngyh.thumb.jpg.ace4e00c7dc94a9172070234aed1d0b6.jpg

moustache

Mmmh, if i don't do mistake, some of those skin is already on the forum... 

FurphyForum
5 hours ago, moustache said:

Mmmh, if i don't do mistake, some of those skin is already on the forum... 

Always good to have variety, as each skinner has a different perspective.

Here's the link to the above profiles;

military vehicle 1/35 (colibri-decals.ru)

• Like 1

moustache
2 hours ago, FurphyForum said:
8 hours ago, moustache said:

Mmmh, si je ne me trompe pas, certains de ces skins sont déjà sur le forum... 

Il est toujours bon d'avoir de la variété, car chaque écorcheur a une perspective différente.

yes, i'm agree... 

• 2 months later...
JV44HeinzBar
On 6/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, DIMON-211289 said:

Who can make DAS REICH all the skins?27329_35013-2.jpg.ac5cc684fe5c09d4c40e186e574d9ac6.jpg

Or those one from Kursk battle too?27329_35012-2.thumb.jpg.81bd179af44e56ea5b2c2c1f71da3cf8.jpgfngyjngyh.thumb.jpg.ace4e00c7dc94a9172070234aed1d0b6.jpg

S!,

Hopefully, someone that takes up the challenge will remember to  make skins w/o numbers.

I believe Jason posted somewhere that adding more skins as standard will have implications on how the game loads or something? (apologies if I am wide of the mark)

Would be good though to have a simple green camo's for the German stuff as a game default.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

How about an option for an air recognition panel?  Just wondering…..