Sign in to follow this  
[KG]Destaex

The FLAK vehicle pre orders are up.

8 hours ago, [KG]Destaex said:

Thanks. I dont really look outside the tank forum.

There is a good discussion over on the Great Battles forum under "General discussions". It is worth the read if you are at all interested in these vehicles like I am.

Yes I am very interested. Especially in how one of these small single flak cannons is expected do much even when it does hit against players aircraft. If they wanted the player to be effective they would have given them one of the heavier AA batteries. But then I guess they perhaps wanted AA that was around at kursk to fit with the player tanks.

Are these vehicles supposed to be for tank crew? Or are they in no mans land?

It sounds like they will stay as a subject outside of the tank crew forum. I’d prefer to keep all the player vehicles collected here where I do not have to search to hard for whats going on with them.

Edited by [KG]Destaex

1 hour ago, [KG]Destaex said:

Yes I am very interested. Especially in how one of these small single flak cannons is expected do much even when it does hit against players aircraft. If they wanted the player to be effective they would have given them one of the heavier AA batteries. But then I guess they perhaps wanted AA that was around at kursk to fit with the player tanks.

It sounds like they will stay as a subject outside of the tank crew forum. I’d prefer to keep all the player vehicles collected here where I do not have to search to hard for whats going on with them.

One reason I usually take the Sherman when I play red is the .50.  I've shot down a dozen planes now on the Finnish server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [KG]Destaex said:

They were supposed to be very effective with medium range targets, but I think it will be most useful when traveling with tank platoons for protection against low flying enemy fighters, or as a stationary vehicle protecting valued targets like airfields. They are collector vehicles so they can be used on any map. I am guessing they will show up in your garage like any other plane/tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, [KG]Destaex said:

They are being marketed as a separate product.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:43 AM, [KG]Destaex said:

How long have pre-orders been up for these vehicles?

I had not noticed any announcements.

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/collector-vehicles/

Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 (20mm) Vehicle Mounted Anti-Aircraft Gun

GAZ-MM 72-K (25mm) Vehicle Mounted Anti-Aircraft Gun

Salutations,

Just purchased both. Should be interesting. :coffee:

• Thanks 1