J5_Baeumer

Dev Diary Dissent

Posted (edited)
On 9/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, JG1_Butzzell said:

Sorry but the current state of RNG is 1 hit is enough all the time.

Thing is how do ppl know its one hit . ie do u mean 1 bullet? does not sound plausible... or fit my experience

Because without developer debug that  is not possible to know. Neither logs from game or visuals in game are that accurate.

I'd be pretty sure if you see or hear a hit , due to rate of fire and 1/5 bullets is a tracer its a lot more hits on target than 1 hit

On 9/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dutch2 said:

With or without money making, 1C has to go into action if noticing the mixed reaction on Steam review https://store.steampowered.com/app/1198470/IL2_Sturmovik_Flying_Circus__Volume_I/  

Steam reviews , that's funny , hahaha, funny joke....
they only give an idea of how many ppl own it... (bugger all)

Steam review team ☝️

also  FYI , dif ppl work on dif projects, 3rd parties did most of FC and TC work

That’s happened in the past when Jason announced Battle of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus Vol 1 and Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka in one massive announcement. It took me by surprise and it was made possible by bringing in two third party teams to do the work. Ugra Media contributed significantly to Flying Circus Vol 1 and Tank Crew was contributed to by Digital Forms who did the modeling of the tanks.

REF link

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

10 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Because they don't get ignored...

These are just from the last to patches:

I’m referring to being ignored about TC2.  The reason there are more bug fixes for TC is because there are more bugs.

4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I’m referring to being ignored about TC2.  The reason there are more bug fixes for TC is because there are more bugs.

But we are referring to DM fixes and not FC2

2 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

But we are referring to DM fixes and not FC2

Damage model isn't bugged.  You just don't like it.  Not even remotely the same thing.

4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Damage model isn't bugged.  You just don't like it.  Not even remotely the same thing.

Possibly !!!  Just because it's a feature, it doesn't necessarily make it a good feature or, in the overall balance of things, correct or absolute historical truth.

Plenty of players are "bugged " by the DM, so don't play, essentially it ends up being exactly the same thing.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I wouldn't put my hand into the fire on this...

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

2 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Plenty of players are "bugged " by the DM, so don't play, essentially it ends up being exactly the same thing.

No, it really doesn’t.  I own CloD.  I don’t play it because there are lots of things about the design that I don’t like.  That doesn’t mean they are bugs.

If you don’t like the design decisions made for FC, don’t play it.  If enough people stop playing, maybe they’ll change the design.

Just now, J99_Sizzlorr said:

I wouldn't put my hand into the fire on this...

Then don’t.  Lots of people quietly watched gavagai tear apart RoF for years.  I wasn’t one of those people.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, it really doesn’t.  I own CloD.  I don’t play it because there are lots of things about the design that I don’t like.  That doesn’t mean they are bugs.

If you don’t like the design decisions made for FC, don’t play it.  If enough people stop playing, maybe they’ll change the design.

Then don’t.  Lots of people quietly watched gavagai tear apart RoF for years.  I wasn’t one of those people.

So you are d'accord with the current DM? You think it is flawless? Close to reality? Well good for you. At least one is enjoying it. I don't think it is way off it just needs some tweaking. But those tweaks are essential for it to work in a flight simulator.

Also you are not flying multiplayer very much these days. But multiplayer content is really everything there is with FC right now. They created a one wooden legged pirate which they are sawing off the one leg he has left with this DM.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • Like 1

So you are d'accord with the current DM? You think it is flawless? Close to reality? Well good for you. At least one is enjoying it. I don't think it is way off it just needs some tweaking. But those tweaks are essential for it to work in a flight simulator.

I don’t care about the current DM.  It’s all just a guess anyways.  So I play the game as it currently exists.  If they change it, great.  I’ll adjust to that.  If they don’t, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing now.

If you don’t like it, stop playing the game.

4 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Also you are not flying multiplayer very much these days. But multiplayer content is really everything there is with FC right now. They created a one wooden legged pirate which they are sawing off the one leg he has left with this DM.

I’m playing MP almost every night.  I’m not playing FC.  But don’t you worry, there is plenty of bitching and whining about the BoX DM.  I don’t care.  If it bothered me, I would stop playing.

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I don’t care about the current DM.  It’s all just a guess anyways.  So I play the game as it currently exists.  If they change it, great.  I’ll adjust to that.  If they don’t, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing now.

If you don’t like it, stop playing the game.

Well but I care...so why are we talking then...do your thing which I don't care about and let me do mine which you shouldn't care about...

Well but I care...so why are we talking then...do your thing which I don't care about and let me do mine which you shouldn't care about...

I know you care.  And I’m telling you the only leverage that you have to get them to make a change.  Stop.  Playing.

Nah I don't think that sends the right message. They can't pay their bills with my play time.

Nah I don't think that sends the right message. They can't pay their bills with my play time.

gavagai whined about the RoF FMs for over 5 years.  Every Fing day for 5 years.  They finally made the changes that he wanted when they were walking out the door.    That did nothing to stop the complaining.

Good luck with that!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

gavagai whined about the RoF FMs for over 5 years.  Every Fing day for 5 years.  They finally made the changes that he wanted when they were walking out the door.    That did nothing to stop the complaining.

Good luck with that!

Yep good luck with your not playing approach. I know what gavgai did I was present at the time...and to be fair it wasn't all his fault. The Tripe nerf for example and the way they crippled the Camel. I liked the Albatros D.Va buff felt more like a 1918 plane in RoF.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

21 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Yep good luck with your not playing approach. I know what gavgai did I was present at the time...and to be fair it wasn't all his fault. The Tripe nerf for example and the way they crippled the Camel. I liked the Albatros D.Va buff felt more like a 1918 plane in RoF.

It was absolutely all his fault.  No one pointed a gun at his head and told him to act like that.

But my favorite part came after the changes.  He was on Syndicate bitching about the mission design when he was told to shut up or he would be permanently banned.  He pretty much disappeared soon after that.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Every day I come in here I'm more convinced that they should dump any plans for FC2 and just cut you loose.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, US93_Talbot said:

What difference does it make?

Well, it might free up some resources and time to spend on their cash-cow, the lucrative World War 2 line of products.

So, here is a real dillemna:  Piss off the 30 or 40 WW1-only fanatics (who seem to never be happy anyway), or on the other hand, put a smile on the face a thousand WW2 simmers who not only have their own list of outstanding issues they want to see resolved, but are also very eager to get their hands on Normandy content as quick as can be churned out.  And if Pacific Theater is still a possibility, I'm guessing the popularity of that would be through the roof.  Clearly, some believe if they act all indignant, victimized and outraged, and keep needling, that they'll be able to browbeat the developers into doing what they want.

Good thing I'm not one of the Grand Poobahs over there.  If that decision were purely about the bottom line, it might not be such a tough call to make.  In other words, I think the prospect of FC2 or even specific fixes to FC1 might pivot on a certain amount of good will existing, because it might very well not be the most profitable path available.

It's speculation, but I wouldn't count on continued nagging as the way to keep the WW 1 line alive.

Edited by SeaSerpent
additional content

4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I know you care.  And I’m telling you the only leverage that you have to get them to make a change.  Stop.  Playing.

That makes zero sense, what would they care about playtime? They only care about sales.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

It's speculation, but I wouldn't count on continued nagging as the way to keep the WW 1 line alive.

I hate to say this but continual nagging does seem to produce results over in WW2 land. 

In WW1 land we've seen how good FC1 can be but of course it's now been enhanced by the new damage model in a way that does not seem to have done it many favours.

I suspect the only fix available will depend on An Petrov's work schedule.  The last adjustments were essentially done in his free time.  They were also done when BoBP development was winding down.  I suspect we're now entering a cycle of fairly rapid aircraft releases for BoN.  Petrov simply isn't going to have free time.

I hope I'm wrong.  FC1 is the VR experience.

21 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

That makes zero sense, what would they care about playtime? They only care about sales.

Because they know that they’re not getting any future sales if people have stopped playing the game.  This isn’t rocket science.  Jason would like to sell you FC2.  He can’t right now because he can’t get the ok from 1C.  If you stop playing FC, he needs to do something.  Because 1C will just laugh at him if he tries to get funding for a sequel to a game no one is playing.  Or he does nothing, and then you know that he cut you loose.

Cool, whatever. They'll get to it when they get to it in my eyes. From the things they have said, they hope to do it in the future. In the mean time I'll continue playing it and enjoying it just as I always have. Nothing in life is perfect, save for my hair.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Not buying is probably the most effective way.  Although somebody who has stopped buying because they wanted/needed to see a change would have to ensure that the developers were made aware of their reasons for it to be of any benefit.  Otherwise the developers could easily come to a wrong conclusion such as: "nobody likes WW1 aviation" or even worse: "flight sims are not profitable".

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Not buying is probably the most effective way.  

They can't stop buying a game that they already bought.

DM-dislike, and FC2 are different subjects that both  relate to 'future of FC' discussion but the resources required by devs  to address each is completely different.

The recent drop off in MP player numbers is almost certainly due to the DM. A DM revision that works would have a good chance to get most of those guys back. Such a revision is a far cheaper,  faster proposition than FC2. 

Developing a whole set of new planes,  yeah,  not cheap or fast. But if they sorted the DM at least there'd be a larger, more supportive user group that would wait.  The early days of FC had plenty of positivity regarding VR, Graphics and the DM, which helped overcome the lack of content. 

Would seem worth the small investment to fix the DM as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Because they know that they’re not getting any future sales if people have stopped playing the game.  This isn’t rocket science.  Jason would like to sell you FC2.  He can’t right now because he can’t get the ok from 1C.  If you stop playing FC, he needs to do something.  Because 1C will just laugh at him if he tries to get funding for a sequel to a game no one is playing.  Or he does nothing, and then you know that he cut you loose.

But sales still matter more, even if 100% of buyers were playing FC 24/7 but the total sales were below what was needed to justify FC2 (which you have stated yourself repeatedly)  then active players means nothing.

55 minutes ago, US93_Talbot said:

Nothing in life is perfect, save for my hair.

Well, it is an important attribute to being a glamourous and successful WW1 fighter pilot I admit. You never see a chap with a poor head of hair in the old classics like Dawn Patrol. Or more recently Flyboys. But that was all CGI. So it's hard to tell.

You oughtta try flying the Camel. I always remove my flying helmet when RTB (at about 1000 feet) after successfully downing 7 or so huns. I find the castor oil softens and conditions the hair and scalp whilst giving one a rakish appearance. It's good for the skin too. More importantly, the wenches love it.

Good God! I love the smell of castor oil in the morning!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

(which you have stated yourself repeatedly) 

No, I actually haven't.  All we can assume about sales is that they were not enough to trigger a "holy crap, we need to throw more chum in the water for these suckers" response.  But we also know that Jason still wants to do FC2.  HE CAN'T DO THAT IF NO ONE IS PLAYING!!!  Sales don't matter at this point.  You already bought it.  You're not going to buy it again.  Well, unless he already decided to cut the cord.  In which case nothing you do matters.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

22 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, I actually haven't.  All we can assume about sales is that they were not enough to trigger a "holy crap, we need to throw more chum in the water for these suckers" response.  But we also know that Jason still wants to do FC2.  HE CAN'T DO THAT IF NO ONE IS PLAYING!!!  Sales don't matter at this point.  You already bought it.  You're not going to buy it again.  Well, unless he already decided to cut the cord.  In which case nothing you do matters.

You're still missing the point, if sales weren't good enough in the first place player count means nothing to whoever decides if FC2 gets made or not.

But if no one likes the game they won't recommend it to anyone new, correct? Ultimately affecting sales. So making the game enjoyable is in their best interest for more sales.

8 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

You're still missing the point, if sales weren't good enough in the first place player count means nothing to whoever decides if FC2 gets made or not.

No, you're missing the point.  If sales were that bad to begin with then Jason wouldn't be saying that he still hopes to develop FC2.  I'm not going to assume that he's lying about that.

17 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, you're missing the point.  If sales were that bad to begin with then Jason wouldn't be saying that he still hopes to develop FC2.  I'm not going to assume that he's lying about that.

Sure, but on the flip side I'm not going to assume that player count is the only factor that is preventing FC2 from being made, it's pure speculation. 

7 minutes ago, Tycoon said:

Sure, but on the flip side I'm not going to assume that player count is the only factor that is preventing FC2 from being made, it's pure speculation. 

The third party that did the FC planes and map recently was making content for Eagle Dynamics.  So I'm guessing their availability is probably a big factor on when or if FC2 gets developed.

2 minutes ago, Garven said:

The third party that did the FC planes and map recently was making content for Eagle Dynamics.  So I'm guessing their availability is probably a big factor on when or if FC2 gets developed.

What are they making for ED?