Developer Diary 261 - Discussion

Han

There are areas on the Stalingrad map that have a very desert like countenance to them...

irCTLb.jpg

The desert camo Hurri will be right at home here.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Damn that's a beautiful plane...just needs an Oscar or a Zeke to go with it.

Just finished to build the second mission of a campaign for it. I fell in love with her. 

Edited by HBB*Hunger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonderful work regarding the hurri BTW! Will buy a second one as soon as it's released

Edited by HBB*Hunger

18 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

It isn't out of place for the Normandy '44 map, though not in a role this sim plays well to. They were used as postal planes, with goods stuffed into the rear fuselage or in underwing pods. One of the Air Dispatch Letter Service's Hurricanes was the first allied airplane to land in Allied-held Normandy and return to Britain

large_000000.jpg

Looks quite fetching in invasion stripes, I think. Sort of looks even chunkier in them, hope we get a livery

Someone has to make a 3 mission campaign about the "armed post" to Normandy!!

• Upvote 4

II/JG17_HerrMurf
On 9/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, Gambit21 said:

Damn that's a beautiful plane...just needs an Oscar or a Zeke to go with it.

Needs a 109 E-4 as a collector plane. Leaving the E-3 for Battle of France module ;)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:29 PM, HBPencil said:

Great to see that she's coming along nicely 👍
I don't have VR but I imagine her cockpit will look awesome in it, and I hope we get the skin template at or soon after release as I've got a skinning project lined up.

Oh dude, with my 4K 42” monitor I always thought no way I’m giving up these beautiful graphics! Then my buddy visited from out of state and brought his Rift along.

I've now got the Rift-S and except for wanting a 4K screenshot never fly 2D anymore. I’ll never forget him giving me the headset and settling into the Spitfire. I kept saying “I’m in the damn plane!”

Yeah, it cost $ no matter which headset you get but wow...the immersion level far outweighs VR’s shortcomings. Just my personal opinion though, plus I only see VR getting better due to competition in the marketplace - I hope!

I envy you - a skinner. I love art and flying so skinning would be like the best of both for me but I have never taken the time to dive into it. Thanks too for all your work!

On 9/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Battle of Britain maps incoming...

We'll just need the Normandy map now. 😉

With the planes released (and a V-1 no less) and the new map coming out this would be VERY doable as a completely new BoB as compared to CoD with all the new tech.

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

There are areas on the Stalingrad map that have a very desert like countenance to them...

irCTLb.jpg

The desert camo Hurri will be right at home here.

Is this skin available for download anywhere?

It's out there somewhere.  BlitzPig_Voidcracker puts together skin packs for us, and this is one of the hundreds of skins he has curated for us.

It's a P40 of the 99th. Fighter Squadron, pilot's last name Temple.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

It's out there somewhere.  BlitzPig_Voidcracker puts together skin packs for us, and this is one of the hundreds of skins he has curated for us.

It's a P40 of the 99th. Fighter Squadron, pilot's last name Temple.

Found it, thanks so much!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Diggun said:

great film, terrible history!

Indeed. Could have been worse, though...

*cough*Flyboys*cough*

Edited by Fritz_X
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Diggun said:

guysguysguys...

Its October! And my birthday next week. Only fair I get a Hurricane for my birthday right?

Everyone say yes FGS!

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Everyone say yes FGS!

YES.:drinks:

It is my birthday this month as well so that Hurricane is a necessity to help restore my sense of karma in a mad world.;)

Besides, we all need something new to bitch about instead of the spotting, damage model, Psychology et al. :lol:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Im waiting for the announcement for a flying boat / sea plane for the il2 GB series :yahoo:

Let's try it and vote for it in the poll section, it worked with the P-40, with the Hurricane and lets see if we can get a seaplane :big_boss::joy:

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 76IAP-Black said:

Im waiting for the announcement for a flying boat / sea plane for the il2 GB series :yahoo:

Let's try it and vote for it in the poll section, it worked with the P-40, with the Hurricane and lets see if we can get a seaplane :big_boss::joy:

The Short Sunderland? Ahoy ahoy!

• Han unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...