SCG 2./JG51 is recruiting!

We have some open positions in our squadron for enthusiastic European virtual pilots.

About SCG:
The Simulated Combat Group is an organization created for the historical gamer.  Our members seek to immerse themselves in simulated combat using the latest computer and software enhancements.  From the “No Man’s Land” of WWI to the limitless steppes of Mother Russia, whether in the air or on the ground, we're providing “Dead is Dead” playing styles which put an emphasis on achieving combat objectives and returning home alive. Even though our main planes/ tanks of choice are the German ones, we don't limit ourselves to them. We try to alternate between Axis and Allies in TAW for instance. Our DiD events are only flown with the planes used by our respective squadrons historically (which will be 109's in early war scenarios and 190's in scenarios where they are available).

We are a diverse bunch of people from many different countries and backgrounds and that is one of our strengths.
We leave real life subjects out of the conversation. No politics, religion or other subjects that invoke heated discussions are allowed. To us it is all about enjoying our hobby together and building long lasting friendships in the process.

About you:
We only expect a few things from you. Your current level is irrelevant, we accept everyone as long as you are motivated and willing to learn (we provide training sessions to bring you up to speed). Also, regular participation in flights is appreciated. If you want to fly "Dead is Dead", great. But if you want to stick to casual only, also great. Most of us are quite relaxed, but in the cockpit we are disciplined. The flight leader decides and you follow orders, no discussions or questioning decisions, at least during the flight. There is always the possibility to discuss the flight in the briefing, though! So, no breaking formation on your own because you see a nice target to shoot at - you'll have your teammate's back, and he will have yours. Teamwork is our way to victory first and foremost.

More info:
You will find all the information you need on our website: https://www.simulatedcombatgroup.com/home/
If you are interested you can leave a reply here, or fill in the form under OKL Enlistment on the site and one of us will contact you.

On behalf of 2./JG51,
SCG_TeRReF

Edited by SCG_TeRReF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

First of all happy new year! 

About a week ago I filed the enlistment form but never got a reply, just checking if my enlistment was received? 

Cheers.

Edited by Falcko
On 1/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, Falcko said:

First of all happy new year! 

About a week ago I filed the enlistment form but never got a reply, just checking if my enlistment was received? 

Cheers.

Hello, Falcko. I sent you an email.

Hello. I'm new to IL2 and not much of a WW2 history buff but I do love the game so far.

I'm familiar with flight sims and would like to do some squadron flying where folks us mics and communicate while squadron flying. Following orders and learning some things along the way sounds awesome. 

I play in VR on a valve index with a hotas setup. I've not played multi-player yet. Are there any realism features that are not allowed when playing in the squadron? I could start practicing with the allowed settings more.  

Checking back today (still waiting for this, my 1st post, to get approved by admins) I just noticed your post mentions "European virtual pilots"  I am in California. So maybe not applicable to your squadron. Let me know. 

Edited by Feukair
On 1/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, Feukair said:

Hello. I'm new to IL2 and not much of a WW2 history buff but I do love the game so far.

I'm familiar with flight sims and would like to do some squadron flying where folks us mics and communicate while squadron flying. Following orders and learning some things along the way sounds awesome. 

I play in VR on a valve index with a hotas setup. I've not played multi-player yet. Are there any realism features that are not allowed when playing in the squadron? I could start practicing with the allowed settings more.  

Checking back today (still waiting for this, my 1st post, to get approved by admins) I just noticed your post mentions "European virtual pilots"  I am in California. So maybe not applicable to your squadron. Let me know. 

Most multiplayer servers that we play on are on "Expert settings" where there are only a few realism options that are allowed, such as technochat (not always allowed, such as in the Tactical Air War sever) and warmed up engine.

Many of us in the squadron are in North America, so a California time zone would be no problem.  I'm on the east coast.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

Most multiplayer servers that we play on are on "Expert settings" where there are only a few realism options that are allowed, such as technochat (not always allowed, such as in the Tactical Air War sever) and warmed up engine.

Many of us in the squadron are in North America, so a California time zone would be no problem.  I'm on the east coast.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll experiment with those setting a bit before going multi-player. Last night I tried MP for the first time. Turns out I need to learn to navigate and identify planes. By the time I found my way or any other players the map was over 🙂 

11 hours ago, Feukair said:

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll experiment with those setting a bit before going multi-player. Last night I tried MP for the first time. Turns out I need to learn to navigate and identify planes. By the time I found my way or any other players the map was over 🙂 

When you first start playing with no navigation, it initially appears to be very difficult, but with just a little bit of practice it becomes very natural, to the point where it'll almost feel like cheating to turn it back on again.