VA_SOLIDKREATE

[FANTASY MODULE] Battle of Berlin

I like the idea but I would change the plane set.

I don't like the He111 nor the Spitfire, Mosquito.

I would rather have a Soviet bomber or two ... IL4 and ? Even the German Storch

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 2

I like the German plane-set, but for the Allied plane-set, I would have it primarily Russian, like 3-4 planes Russian, 1-2 American/British, or just all Russian.

I think it would be pretty much a new theatre for the Russian planes that could go from late 1944-45, while it would be a continuation by 1 or 2 months for Bodenplatte for the American/British planes.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enceladus said:

I like the German plane-set, but for the Allied plane-set, I would have it primarily Russian, like 3-4 planes Russian, 1-2 American/British, or just all Russian.

I think it would be pretty much a new theatre for the Russian planes that could go from late 1944-45, while it would be a continuation by 1 or 2 months for Bodenplatte for the American/British planes.

Cheers.

Maybe? They did use the B-25J though.

• Yak-9
  • Pe-3BiS
  • IL-4M-88
  • P-63A
  • La-7

BoBL.thumb.png.3018460b32eb8dc57b543d49c3712a17.png

Edited by VA_SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Its your fantasy of what you would like so it cant be wrong selection, i just think they would avoid having Berlin on map and would go for period in advance to it covering area betwen Berlin and Warsaw (its around 500km betwen two citys and front was active 1944-45), if no big bombers modeling big city as Berlin and tasking game to run with it would be no go (even map for BoN is made so it avoids Paris and London) , also if they cant do big bombers 163 is of not big use.

I expect they gona do Bf-109G10, Fw-190A9, Ju87D5, He-111H20, Ta-152H1 vs Yak-3, La7, Il-2 M3 1944, Pe-2 1944, P-39Q ( historicly P-63s never alowed to fly there, if they did or didnt i dont know but if documents say they were all P-39Q then hard to make historical SP campaign with them ).

I would like Tu-2 and Il-10 insted 1944 versions of Il-2 and Pe-2 but see them easyer to make. 

Then airplanes are not to extreme and can also fill in missing stuff on west and east nicly, with room for other less used as colectors airplanes.

EDIT:

Nice video of front movment with ground units:

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh I had no idea the 63 never flew there. Yeah I was wondering I saw a lot of P-39Q info though. Maybe AI B-17G's that mission makers can throw on maps. If not I'm the IL-4 and B-25's would suffice.

• Like 1

My personal preference as someone who only plays fighters is not necessarily Berlin, just any battle which allows these planes:

Allies

• Yak-3
  • La-7
  • Yak-9U (and UT)
  • P-63 A or C - Wikipedia states that P-63s supposedly did see combat against the Germans according to multiple sources on both sides (although this was apparently concealed from the US by the Soviets)

Axis

• Bf-109 G-10
  • He-162
  • Ta-152H
  • FW-190 A-9 or F-9

Collector Planes

• Allies: Yak-3 VK107A - all-metal Yak-3 with VK107 engine (same as used on Yak-9) and 2 x B-20 cannon. Highest performance Soviet fighter of WW2 (>720kph) which saw combat in 1945.
  • Axis: Do-335 A-2

I know they would never do this because of the low-production numbers on some of these planes and the lack of bombers/attackers which some people like to fly, but a man's gotta have a dream...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They only made one Ta-152H-1 though and I do not believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it ever saw combat. They made 69 of the C variant though. I think JV-44 flew them operationally. The Do-335 would be sick though but I do not sufficient data is available for that plane to build a flight model of any note. Good discussion guys. Let's see more list's.

36 minutes ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

They only made one Ta-152H-1 though and I do not believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it ever saw combat. They made 69 of the C variant though.

You've mixed it up. The H variant was the one that was built and used in relatively large numbers.

42 minutes ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

The Do-335 would be sick though but I do not sufficient data is available for that plane to build a flight model of any note.

As far as I can tell, the Do 335 and Ta 152 are fairly similar in terms of documentation, flight test data, and surviving examples. I think that both aircraft could be represented in a sim with reasonable accuracy.

I guess you are right sir. 🙃

Despite these problems, the Ta 152H was ordered into production. The H-0 series was built at Cottbus in Brandenburg, dangerously close to Germany’s increasingly vulnerable eastern borders. Work on the first production aircraft began in November 1944, and the first production aircraft, (W.Nr.150 001) made its maiden flight on 24 November 1944. There was a brief delay when the Luftwaffe decided to convert all existing aircraft into Ta 152E reconnaissance types, but this plan was soon abandoned. These aircraft were completed without either of the standard boost systems (MW 50 and GM 1). The aircraft was still not entirely reliable, and the first flight of the first production aircraft ended with a belly landing after the fuel system failed. Production was slow, and only 21 H-0s had been completed by the end of 1944.

As with many details of later German aircraft production there is little agreement on the number of Ta 152Hs that were completed.  Aviation Classics 26 gives a total of 44 production machines (mainly H-0s, with some H-1s – 21 in December 1943, 20 in January 1944 and 3 in February 1944) and 11 prototypes or experimental machines, for a total of 54. Other sources give higher figures – as high as 26 prototypes and 67 production aircraft (perhaps giving figures for all variants on the Ta 152 – this would appear to be the case in Close-Up No.24, which gives a total of 67 aircraft of all types between October 1944 and February 1945, with the peak only being 23 aircraft in January).

On 29 March 1945 the RLM decided to end production of the Ta 152H and concentrate on the Fw 190D, but by this point most of the production facilities had already fallen to the Soviets.

The first H-0s went to Erprobungskommando Ta 152 at Cottbus, arriving in October-November 1944. The tests showed the Ta 152H to be faster than the Fw 190, but with a slower rate of roll due to the larger wings. Faults were discovered with the right landing gear leg, the engine coolant cowl flap controls, loose controls, badly designed temperate designs and in some cases poor construction quality. The pressurised cockpit was ineffective, leaking in several places and without enough air pressure. When the compressor did work, it over-heated the cockpit. In combat most aircraft operated with the pressurization turned off.

Some of these aircraft reached III./JG 301 late in January 1945, so the type was briefly used in combat. It isn’t entirely clear how successful it was, as the unit’s victory claims don’t always match up with Allied loses. Its pilots appear to have been impressed with the Ta 152H, but it’s combat career only lasted from mid-February to the end of the war.

Other H-0s were used as test aircraft. The fifth production aircraft, W.Nr. 150005 was used for engine tests at Junkers.

Ta_152_III.JG_301_fin_janvier_1945.thumb.jpg.cb9cd3dda354cf60f9e3337cb3f2e418.jpg

Edited by VA_SOLIDKREATE

I'd be up for any scenario that would feature the A-26 Invader. I like the rest of the plane set too but instead of the He-111I'd like to see the Ju-88 Mistel in combination with either a Bf-109 or the Fw-190. The was a lot of fun to play with in IL-2 '46. I like that late model B-25 too. It would then be an easy transition to a flyable 8 gun nosed anti shipping bomber when we go the Pacific.