Discussion of GAZ-MM 72-K and Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 Vehicle Mounted AAA Pre-Orders

This was not the announcement I was expecting. 😶

However, I think I would buy these trucks. It might be fun to play with

By the way: Do we have to give up the idea of having a flyable B-25 in the game? Or can we still hope ?

2 minutes ago, Ploofy said:

By the way: Do we have to give up the idea of having a flyable B-25 in the game? Or can we still hope ?

Of course not but a flyable B-25 is probably more difficult for the developers to pull off.

13 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I spent 28 years doing exactly what you say is impossible.  ER programmers worked on ER software.  PHA programmers worked on PHA software.  And so on.  You have no idea what you’re talking about.  And that has been confirmed by the developer of this product.  

You have spent 28 years doing or managing the ability to perform 2 complex jobs absolutely simultaneously? You should now own a trillion dollar business, but instead you are a grumpy internet persona. Count me not convinced.

As I said above: seawater / air is free, other stuff comes at a cost. You - for instance - just forewent something else by typing. I forewent drinking my beer. These can be big or small, but there remains the cost of one action negating another. Lead to water; make drink I cannot.

Conversation now boring, I will let you return to your physics-defying simultaneous performance of several complex tasks without any net degradation. And if you have some spare time, I have a bridge for sale.

3 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

You have spent 28 years doing or managing the ability to perform 2 complex jobs absolutely simultaneously?

It was more like 100 complex jobs.  We provided software for pretty much every department in a hospital.  So of course we did.  Until now I thought that every software company worked that way.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only company not working that way.  Making XYZ programmers work on ABC products is ridiculously inefficient.  Making an aeronautical engineer work on trucks would be stupid.  So they’re not doing that.  Confirmed.  The thing I don’t understand now is why you’re so mystified by all this.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

It was more like 100 complex jobs.  We provided software for pretty much every department in a hospital.  So of course we did.  Until now I thought that every software company worked that way.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only company not working that way.  Making XYZ programmers work on ABC products is ridiculously inefficient.  Making an aeronautical engineer work on trucks would be stupid.  So they’re not doing that.  Confirmed.  The thing I don’t understand now is why you’re so mystified by all this.

Oh God...to quote Edmund Blackadder: The ape creatures of the Indus have mastered this. I'll try to make it simple for you:

- Person A make aircraft

- Person B make truck

- Modules delivered to core team

- Core team have to integrate

- Core team has limited people for integration

- Core team has to decide which to do first

- Opportunity cost

So - and I cam typing this slowly in the vain hope it might get past whatever defences your brain has against external thought - aeronautical engineer NOT working on truck. Wholly disingenuous allegory and indicative of one who really does not understand the problem.

I hope your hospital survived whatever it was you did for them. BAE, Leonardo, LM, NG, Boeing, KAI, MHI and -  I have forgotten who else -  gave me repeat work and though some of them are not doing so well owing to their being full of half-wits, nothing of that was due to me.

Now, I'm off to what we call 'fly' a 'flight sim'. Feel free to amuse yourself.

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

Please take this elsewhere. Has nothing to do with the product.

Jason

Apologies. Congrats on expanding the sim in this direction and hope the Hurricane is going well as I am really looking forward to that

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Thad said:

Of course not but a flyable B-25 is probably more difficult for the developers to pull off.

They will have to step up the game. Even if it means more expensive gb packs. No matter how fond you are in fighters. Bombers make the objectives. Gameplay will be better with more modern bombers late war. Overall quality too. 

12 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

There should be options for unlimited if you’re in a static position and limited if you’re moving.  But I’ll be surprised if that is implemented.

I agree. Since nor a plane. Supplies will be available. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

There should be options for unlimited if you’re in a static position and limited if you’re moving.  But I’ll be surprised if that is implemented.

It's already possible to do something similar by setting up a rearm point in the mission near the intended static position.

It would be interesting to have the towed ammunition trailer with 640 rounds in addition to the 240 on the vehicle.

59 minutes ago, Ploofy said:

By the way: Do we have to give up the idea of having a flyable B-25 in the game?

Evidently so... if this weeks "big announcement"... is any indication we're more likely to get machine gun armed German and Soviet rubber dinghy's as the next collector releases over something actually asked for like a B-25 🙄

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It would be cool if they implemented a way to give you unlimited if you’re near a designated supply truck.  But I’ll be shocked if anything like that is done.

Pretty sure I can easily script that.

It might also be even easier than that (no fancy logic needed)

Edit: The more I think about it, I think it will be as simple as you being within the designated radius of the supply vehicle.

Assuming the functionality is enabled in the vehicle itself that is.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Aurora_Stealth said:

"You want to hand me that hammer, Jimbo. No, the bigger one, the sledge." - Jack Wade (Joe Don Baker - Goldeneye)

...lol, suppose we should just keep one in the back of the truck to be on the safe side 😅

20190314_102154-1024x465.thumb.jpg.f9ce9e6c5494b95f1f4bdcac338bcb93.jpg

LMAO!!! I literally just watched Golden Eye last night as part of my recent retro movie watching effort. I had forgotten about this scene entirely and here you are quoting it. LMAO!!

ViVa Flak Cannons!!! I can't wait to be part of a Flak Trap in MP!:ph34r:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1

The real question is how well Soviet-era mud* is modelled. Even a GAZ should get bogged down occasionally.

*Russian mud was much worse under Stalin's rule. Except of course, that 'being worse' was actually advantageous to the glorious Motherland, since it stopped the advancing Fascist horde. They should probably have given the mud an Order of Lenin. And composed stirring songs praising it for its noble sacrifice as it threw itself bodily in front of the advancing panzers...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Edit: The more I think about it, I think it will be as simple as you being within the designated radius of the supply vehicle.

How about a cargo delivery from a Ju-52 or the one-day-hopefully-flyable C-47 landing or dropping supplies nearby?

15 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Ju-52 cargo delivery and canister drops are already in the sim.

Yes, I know - what I was asking is if it is possible to script a resupply of the flak trucks via cargo drop/delivery.  I am not well versed in the mission editor nor its mechanics. 

Edited by Tuesday
3 minutes ago, Tuesday said:

Yes, I know - what I was asking is if it is possible to script a resupply of the flak trucks via cargo drop/delivery.  I am not well versed in the mission editor nor its mechanics. 

No, doesn’t work like that.

These vehicles were promised and will be delivered. Why not simply look at the fact this makes GB even more a true Battlefield experience. We have TC and now also get these... What can be wrong with getting more variety of gameplay!? 

Good call 1C and Jason. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, simfan2015 said:

These vehicles were promised and will be delivered. Why not simply look at the fact this makes GB even more a true Battlefield experience. We have TC and now also get these... What can be wrong with getting more variety of gameplay!? 

Good call 1C and Jason. 

And here is to hoping they one day integrate infantry, even in small numbers, as Steel Fury 1942 has. They are non playable yet they up the immersion on the ground 100%. There was some whisperings that this was being talked about on the Russian IL2 forum. Lets hope it happens some day.;)

S!Blade<><

4 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Can you do it without also enabling the repair feature?

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Can you do it without also enabling the repair feature?

Let me pull in Jay @Jaegermeister since he has a ton of time with tanks etc and off the top of my head I’m not sure about their rearm/refuel functionianality.

My method without using rearm would be place an Opel truck next to you, and uncheck “limit ammo” in the vehicle properties. A work-around but no rearm necessary.

Assuming rearm is possible, I can also script the logic to only function with the truck/not aircraft.

6 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Let me pull in Jay @Jaegermeister since he has a ton of time with tanks etc and off the top of my head I’m not sure about their rearm/refuel functionianality.

My method without using rearm would be place an Opel truck next to you, and uncheck “limit ammo” in the vehicle properties. A work-around but no rearm necessary.

Assuming rearm is possible, I can also script the logic to only function with the truck/not aircraft.

How would having a truck next to you with unlimited ammo give a AA vehicle unlimited ammo?  Or are you giving the AA gun unlimited ammo if there is a specific truck nearby?

Can you also get the “ammo truck” to follow the AA vehicle around?  In both SP and MP?