Jason_Williams

Discussion of GAZ-MM 72-K and Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 Vehicle Mounted AAA Pre-Orders

13 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Well, as excited as some people are about running around the map pew pewing at all and sundry... WHERE'S MY FLIPPIN HURRICANE?  :dash: YOU KNOW... THE PLANE WITH THE HUMP!

Being developed by the other team...

THE CRUSH: THE COMING STUDENT DEBT CRISIS — PART 1 OF 3 ...

😋

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I misread the range.  It seems to be only a couple of Km.   You could do more with a tank.

Shell 25x218mmSR
Caliber 25 mm (0.98 in)
Elevation -10 to +85 °
Traverse 360°
Rate of fire 240 rpm
Muzzle velocity 910 m/s (3,000 ft/s)
Maximum firing range 2,400 m (7,900 ft)

M1940 (72-K)

A simple google would have told u this...

25 mm automatic air defense gun

So everyone in your company was interchangeable?  If more help was needed shipping packages they just moved programmers to the mail room?  Or vice versa when they needed more programming help?

Errr, no. Quite the opposite. The people that handled certain aspects had a list of priorities. So project 1 done first, project 2 done second, project 3...etc. Divert one to the other? Opportunity  cost

Thusly the mail room (we did not have a mail room) could not have replaced someone skilled would not be opportunity cost because that is a specific and non-transferable role.

Why don't you two continue your private war via PM's or something? You have been going on for several pages, for crying out loud...

Ah, calm down. This is the essence of fora.

11 minutes ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

Stop Whining

I'm not whining... I'M COMPLAINING!!!  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

Honestly pretty disappointed in this announcement.  Has Tank Crew really sold that many units to justify using supposedly limited resources on doing flak vehicles while constant requests for a collectors B-25 or C-47 continue to fall on deaf ears?

This really depends on how the development is divided amongst different  projects teams and sub contractors.

9 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I'm not whining... I'M COMPLAINING!!!  

In this context there is a difference? Doesn't matter when or what gets announced someone always has to rain on the parade... It's irritating. Just be happy you get some cool stuff. Many want this. If its not constructive , keep it to yourself.

Have a beer , whatever u need to let loose elsewhere..

47 minutes ago, =VARP=Kroat said:

Yeah, I understand, but I was really looking forward for some bombers like b17 or b24....not AA trucks....

Then you should know the developers have talked about that in many other threads.  There are issues that affect four engine bombers like development time, stations, cost, and other factors.  I'd link it but if have to hunt for it too.

Oh boy. This has been a VERY risky business decision.

I would have played safe with two collector tanks such as a Köningstiger and a Firefly or IS2.

Let's see what happens in the next months.

Maybe, the announcement of a TC2 could change everything.

I am wishing for the best.

11 minutes ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

In this context there is a difference? Doesn't matter when or what gets announced someone always has to rain on the parade... It's irritating. Just be happy you get some cool stuff. Many want this. If its not constructive , keep it to yourself.

Have a beer , whatever u need to let loose elsewhere..

Anyone with half a brain will know what I was on about... Look at my original post. Use a bit of lateral thinking laced with a bit of sarcasm... I wasn't even being serious.

Custard knew exactly where I was coming from.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I held off making a comment until I thought about it a little.  Basically I like all the new toys.  This one however did take me by surprise.  I can see where they have potential in a number of scenarios.  I think a good pairing would be manable anti-tank guns.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I have visions of someone sitting many Km away from the enemy field lobbing shells onto their spawn point based on a spotter helping them get the range and direction.  Sure the enemy might find the spotter and shoot it down but it could probably remain quite high and far away and still do the job and once the gun is zero'd in it would not care if the spotter has gone.   Finding a single truck in a treeline 2.5Km away could prove to be near impossible.

Well... you can already do this with tanks. Yes, they're bigger but still very difficult to find when hiding in the trees.

Please do some player controlled AT guns for TC, I will buy it instantly.

8 hours ago, Didney_World said:

I think it's an awesome addition to the game for the full real servers. Having a player controlled, maneuverable AA vehicle that can sit quiet behind some ground target ready to pounce on the unsuspecting aircraft, all of this introduces an additional dynamic to the game field.

some will argue that it should be already included in the base game.

I`d enter online server just for that. Wouldn`t mind doing some tank / AA job from time to time, if the server format fits me.

One vehicle at a time though, the price is a little steep imo.

I think this is going to be cool thanks!

Playing the AA tanks and trucks is my favorite thing to do in Warthunder I'm excited to get a more realistic and in depth version of this.

32 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Please do some player controlled AT guns for TC, I will buy it instantly.

This would have been a more interesting use of the partner devs' time.

I am glad TC is getting more variety, but for the sake of TC becoming a more complete and varied experience, there are other things we could have gotten first. Scout vehicles for instance.

Looks like fun, but Q2 2021 for the Flak 38 is kind of a bummer. That's a long wait.

Just now, danielprates said:

Scout vehicles for instance.

I’m not sure that would pencil out.

9 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I am glad TC is getting more variety, but for the sake of TC becoming a more complete and varied experience, there are other things we could have gotten first. Scout vehicles for instance.

I'd prefer AA trucks over scout vehicles, and it's not even a close call.

Edited by BraveSirRobin
clarity

8 minutes ago, danielprates said:

This would have been a more interesting use of the partner devs' time.

Just to be clear. This is not a Tank Crew product. It is a Great Battles Collector Vehicle. Can be used with any title.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Oh boy. This has been a VERY risky business decision.

I would have played safe with two collector tanks such as a Köningstiger and a Firefly or IS2.

Let's see what happens in the next months.

Maybe, the announcement of a TC2 could change everything.

I am wishing for the best.

IS 2 would be great to have to balance MP with it vs Tigers Panthers and Ferdinands.

Just now, CountZero said:

IS 2 would be great to have to balance MP with it vs Tigers Panthers and Ferdinands.

Artificial balance has no place in a historical simulator 😜 

I've just had an idea for a further expansion. 😉

SoTrSi.png

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, 40plus said:

Artificial balance has no place in a historical simulator 😜 

In MP you dont have anything resembaling history, and where do some mods fit in historical sim if they were not used on any maps or battles and we still have them ?

EDIT: also i dont remenber any M4A2 “Sherman” at Prokhorovka , maybe im wrong ?

Edited by CountZero

Strictly speaking, does the Sd.Kfz. 10/5 actually fit the Tank Crew time frame? I haven't done any detailed research, but a few authors seem to suggest that the designation appeared sometime later in 1943.

Not that it really matters.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

2 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

because that is a specific and non-transferable role.

The same thing is obviously true here.  Producing new vehicles is completely unrelated to producing new aircraft.  Completely different staff.  There is no opportunity cost.  Confirmed.

16 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I’m not sure that would pencil out.

If in the future other elements are added, such as AI infantry that we  could support/oppose with our player-controlled tanks, we should need other types of vehicles to reach a more "combined arms" type of sim. 

Anyway, it was just a thought. Maybe I am thinking too far ahead.

Bad move! Theese should have been released to Tank Crew owners as intended, not like this! Gonna pass on this🙁

3 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Pre-ordered. Can't wait to take them for a spin in the country.

1212526542_Gazmm.png.ea22fcd7151869a4ac89cfa53236d2e2.png

It's just the thing for picking girls in Minsk.

Be sure!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

It's just the thing for picking girls in Minsk.

Be sure!

Every cat in Minsk has one, you gotta be the cool dude who roles up to a chick’s pad in Berlin in one of these. You have to be a cool customer to pull it off, but the fraus will be throwing it at you. Stick and move baby, stuck and move!

Have Tank Crew. NO WAY I will buy this at that price. More: Tank Crew is FULL of bugs. The gameplay is not good at all right now (with the lock gun bug etc) Please fix your stuff before asking more money 🤖 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I love it! Fantastic lateral thinking Jason and team. :)

Now I can really blast away at those indestructible D7's and DR1's in Flying Circus with raw WWII power. Revenge at last. :angry: And DM issue solved. :biggrin:

One step closer to Flying Circus Vol 2 ....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Looks like fun, but Q2 2021 for the Flak 38 is kind of a bummer. That's a long wait.

It’ll be ready and waiting when we come out of lockdown again. I really wish I was kidding about this 😥

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm curious about the VR integration. Will this be similar to the VR integration in Tank crew? or will the experience be tweaked somewhat?
I imagine it's a tricky egg to crack
In my opinion sitting in the tank was great, but as with the gunner position in planes, the different bindings to control the gun and a separate binding to nestle to the sights is unnecessary in VR. Also when nestled the view control is taken away from the VR players control. And this is just asking for VR sickness.

With the mobile flak, It'll be nice to have turret control in the open air but yeah, I just hope the targeting works intuitively for VR users.

I love the idea of 2 AA guns for 40 (50 when the sale end) bucks.

Unfortunately, my wallet doesn't.

4 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

So everyone in your company was interchangeable?  If more help was needed shipping packages they just moved programmers to the mail room?  Or vice versa when they needed more programming help?

Welcome to the IT world, my friend.

10 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

Welcome to the IT world, my friend.

I spent 28 years in the IT world.  The last 12 of those years were spent programming emergency room systems.  When the Pharmacy group had to work late to meet a deadline, I went home.  They didn’t ask me to work on PHA products.  Mostly because they didn’t want anyone to die.  When the ER group had to meet a deadline, I went home.  Because I was good at my job so I never had to work late.

5 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I spent 28 years in the IT world.  The last 12 of those years were spent programming emergency room systems.  When the Pharmacy group had to work late to meet a deadline, I went home.  They didn’t ask me to work on PHA products.  Mostly because they didn’t want anyone to die.  When the ER group had to meet a deadline, I went home.  Because I was good at my job so I never had to work late.

I envy you.

Being good at your job does not have anything to do with working overtime BTW.

3 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I envy you.

Being good at your job does not have anything to do with working overtime BTW.

Sure it does.  If you get everything done 9-5, then you don’t have to work overtime.

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

It’ll be ready and waiting when we come out of lockdown again. I really wish I was kidding about this 😥

You're probably right.

A vaccine or a Flak 38, which do we get first? 

2 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

I've just had an idea for a further expansion. 😉

SoTrSi.png

I'll second this if we can get a Bob Semple collector's edition ;)

bob_semple_tank.png

• Like 1

This is one of the best damn additions to the game. I always wondered what it would be like to be the Flak gunner. Good job team 1C. Keep it up.

O7

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2