Sign in to follow this  
Atlantia39

After the update...Binoculars not working...

Hello Tankers!

Is it me...or when you press <CTRL>+5 while in the Commander's position outside the turret nothing happens

anymore?

• Upvote 2

What is it with binoculars? I can get them to come up with a key stroke (“b”) but then what? I use VR and that works as I turn my head, but other than that what use are they? I understand there are orders to give to my gunner, but I don’t know how to access them. I know the “~” gives me command options for AI ( I’m not sure anyone actually understands or listens to them) but are there others to be used while in “binocular “ mode? Oh yes -while in binocular mode I can’t seem to drop them without switching crew positions.Is there a key stroke to drop them or more conveniently toggle them for quicker use?

With the new options for joystick turret control I think I’ve shot myself in the foot. Normally I can control the turret with my mouse, but I’ve tried to tie these movements with my hat switch , since I control left & right tank movements with my joystick. In my attempts to try to get some new key stokes I think I’ve gotten “cross control” problems because now the turret swings left an right as if it has a mind of its own & my tank swerves left & right as if on ice without any input from me.I’m wondering if I get go back to default settings ( only for Tank Crew) and start again? Any thoughts?

Gee...thanks for your patience and understanding.

12 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

Do you read the forum at all? Or just write a bunch and spam it with 10 different topics? :thank_you:No offense. 

BTW developers could give us a bug report topic on the Tank crew forum.

And for the record...I haven't posted anything here for quite long time...I guess

I should keep it that way if this is reception one can expect here.

Have a nice day.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

What is it with binoculars? I can get them to come up with a key stroke (“b”) but then what? I use VR and that works as I turn my head, but other than that what use are they? I understand there are orders to give to my gunner, but I don’t know how to access them. I know the “~” gives me command options for AI ( I’m not sure anyone actually understands or listens to them) but are there others to be used while in “binocular “ mode? Oh yes -while in binocular mode I can’t seem to drop them without switching crew positions.Is there a key stroke to drop them or more conveniently toggle them for quicker use?

With the new options for joystick turret control I think I’ve shot myself in the foot. Normally I can control the turret with my mouse, but I’ve tried to tie these movements with my hat switch , since I control left & right tank movements with my joystick. In my attempts to try to get some new key stokes I think I’ve gotten “cross control” problems because now the turret swings left an right as if it has a mind of its own & my tank swerves left & right as if on ice without any input from me.I’m wondering if I get go back to default settings ( only for Tank Crew) and start again? Any thoughts?

Admittedly, I am not the most experienced person here, but I will try to help as I have seen much of what you are describing. 

It appears to me that the command menu which allows you to give orders to your crew/tanks in your platoon does not work in binocular view. If you hit the Tilde key while in binocular view, you will be able to see the pop-up menu, but it has not been connected as part of the game mechanic yet. to access the orders, go back to either the commanders cupola view, or his outside tank view, then hit Tilde. The pop-up menu that appears in these views is active, and you will be able to issue the commands listed according to their Function keys. After hitting Tilde, you can also click the Left Mouse Button to call up a second pop-up menu of commands. 

The default key-binding to use the binoculars is LtCont + "5". The default key-binding to drop them is LtCont + Tilde. It sounds like you might have changed something with your current joy stick setup.

If your turret is turning left when it should be turning right, go into the key-mapping section of the settings menu, locate the key-binding for turret control and click the little inverse button located in the active mouse over area of the key-binding.

51 minutes ago, Atlantia39 said:

And for the record...I haven't posted anything here for quite long time...I guess

I should keep it that way if this is reception one can expect here.

Have a nice day.

Actually no, you should be posting as much as you feel is necessary to be heard. RIVALDO's suggestion for a Tank Crew bug thread would be greatly appreciated.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, Atlantia39 said:

Hello Tankers!

Is it me...or when you press <CTRL>+5 while in the Commander's position outside the turret nothing happens

anymore?

Yep same issue, makes playing the game pretty much impossible the devs really need to fix this ASAP.

The binocular in TC for the tank commander when he looks out of the Tank dome does not work anymore with LCtl + 5. This happened after the latest update.

The binoc.is importand for the game TC. So this lack should be repaired quickly.

For use them (binocs+flares) before the fix u can try press "T" (one or two times) for the things unlock and work again. Hope they will fix the "gun lock" bug that make AI not shooting.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:20 AM, RIVALDO said:

Everyone has this issue. They will fix it tomorrow!:salute:

Where did you get the info that they will fix it tomorrow?

On 9/25/2020 at 8:39 AM, Fercyful said:

For use them (binocs+flares) before the fix u can try press "T" (one or two times) for the things unlock and work again. Hope they will fix the "gun lock" bug that make AI not shooting.

Oh my god that is so frigging stupid, why do I have to hit the "machinegun: take leave / control button" before I hit my "binoculars" button, and you have to do that every time you want to use binoculars *facepalm*. anyway thanks for the heads up.

• Like 3

The Devs are pretty sharp at fixing issues.

However still waiting for the Hurricane and Battle Of Normandy to be Unlocked/Available...a LOT of Dead Money

invested in those!

Its not all bad news.

It appears to be only your money thats dead.  I am sure mine is healthy and working for me in the background.

• Haha 1

Binoculars work fine.

No problem.

You realize they were never included as an option on the original free tank from BoS?

And yes,  if you are in the gunners position and take control of the gun it prevents you from using Binoculars if you switch to the commanders position without releasing control of the gun.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell

8 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Binoculars work fine.

No problem.

You realize they were never included as an option on the original free tank from BoS?

And yes,  if you are in the gunners position and take control of the gun it prevents you from using Binoculars if you switch to the commanders position without releasing control of the gun.

This is unacceptable.

21 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Binoculars work fine.

No problem.

I have just tried what you are suggesting and can't duplicate it, but the binoculars are working on my system today. What game mode are you seeing this in? I tried switching between the gunner and Commander without releasing control of the main gun, and it doesn't seem to have an effect on the binoculars. I tried it with a coop mission running on a D-server, as well as a in a Quick mission. Both were in a PzIV.

Something else I can't say I noticed before the update with the binoculars is that the normal in-game binocular view is now zoomed way out when you watch the flight recording of the session. The first picture was taken during game play using OBS software. The second picture is taken from the flight recording of the same session. 

SnapShot(0).jpg

SnapShot(4).jpg

Now you mention it, I did notice with the Sherman that if you use gun sight view with your gunner then switch to commander, the commander comes up holding the AA mg and has to drop it to use the binos. This isn't right, the gun sight status should be separately stored for each crew position. I assume that with a multiplayer tank the commander isn't prevented from using the binos while the gunner has the gun sight, which suggests that gun sight status is currently stored per player. As it would have to be, I suppose, as it would be stored locally rather than on the server.

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, Atlantia39 said:

Hello Tankers!

anymore?

I sometimes have it, I have no Clue why, but when I hit the T key (no matter in which position of the tank) it wont work for me either, until I hit the T key again, then It'll let me pull out the binocs and Flare gun again, maybe try that ?

Posted (edited)

As Buttzell said, the issue with the binoculars is related to control of the gun. This is, I agree a PITA, but until (if?) it is fixed by the devs just try hitting "T" (or whatever you have mapped for "Turret: take/leave control"). It may take multiple presses as [N.O.G.F]dotDeutschland notes above. 

The reason that it's problematic is that you lose control of the gun with binoculars and if you're in close kimchee, the lost time to regain control of the gun when you switch back to the gunner position and the resultant confusion, will very likely result in your demise.

Devs, please note and fix! 

Edited by JG1_Vonrd

If you go to commander view and press 'T' to use the binos, when you return to the gunner view the gun will centre before you can take control and use it. As stated in the previous post, this delay can cost your virtual life.😐

16 minutes ago, beresford said:

If you go to commander view and press 'T' to use the binos, when you return to the gunner view the gun will centre before you can take control and use it. As stated in the previous post, this delay can cost your virtual life.😐

Without trying to be cynical, it makes me wonder what exactly the Dev team is trying to achieve? Would it be possible to role it back to 4.008, and should we stop hoping for future improvement?