everyone is not looking deep enough into this.....

“The name is derived from Old English Wōdnesdægmeaning Wooden’s Day, and Middle English Wednesdei, “day of Wodanaz” (Wikipedia). In Latin, Wednesday translates to “day of Mercury.” Also known by the slang term, ‘Hump Day’ meaning by the end of the day you have successfully made it over the hump and are on the down slide to the weekend.

Leaving the slang in the streets we take a look at the rich history of Wednesday, starting with the roots of from which it received its name – from the gods of Woden and Mercury.

Woden was the chief Teutonic god, the All-Father. His name translates to “raging, mad, inspired”. Perhaps Wednesday has improved its reputation over time… The other root comes from the Roman messenger god Mercury, who was the god of trade and commerce. Even today Mercury makes the top 10 list of Roman gods.“

http://frontporchdenver.com/where-did-the-term-hump-day-come-from/

so the fact now is that we are getting Teutonic God of rage, madness, and inspiration...Or  Roman god mercury to deliver the mail...

it’s simple you just have to dig... 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Camel spit is certain to be OP.

30mm camel spit should de-wing a P-47 in one hit or the game is unplayable.

1 minute ago, Diggun said:

This is the kind of Classical clickbait the world needs more of! 'You won't BELIEVE where Vulcan placed...'

"We sit down with Athena to talk about her hot new shield and how it make the men in her life rock hard!"

4 hours ago, sevenless said:

If you would have been in the german army in the 80s-90s as a conscript for 15months you would have known.

AUSSCHEIDER-MAssBAND-Massband-Bundeswehr-BW-Abgaenger-Kette-Metallhalterung

Mine did not start until 100 cm, so we called it "meter", I remember well, especially last 10 days in service!

• Like 1

The power of words. Jason just wrote one word and three pages of posts rained down, dreaming, hoping, drooling.

Let's hope it has a positive outcome and is not an oversell or just a joke.

If it is Pacific Theater then I forgive everything.

Hurri or C47 would be kind of, well ok,  but please do not do it again.

Edited by IckyATLAS
1 minute ago, DBFlyguy said:

Don't give them any ideas LOL ... "Wags here, coming soon to early access DCS: Sea life....$79.99" 🙄

It's all fun and games until someone torpedos an endangered species.
/then it's a sport!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I loved the audio clip they used for the BoN announcement. Despite being obvious in retrospect, lots of us didn't really know what the announcement would be for till it happened.

I remember explaining to my wife that someone figured out it was a weather report and then within minutes someone was like "Oh hey that's the weather report for June 6 1944!"

It's the danger of catering to a community of turbonerds.

7 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

My money is on this as being the correct call.  

Not that it's a lot of money, mind you....

This is most assuredly what it is. 

I'm honestly surprised people are finding other meanings...

... Unless he means that we are halfway to the day I receive my amazon backordered 3080 🤯

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
2 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

... Unless he means that we are halfway to the day I receive my amazon backordered 3080 🤯

Is that because Nvidia 'humped' you on the price? 

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

everyone is not looking deep enough into this.....

“The name is derived from Old English Wōdnesdægmeaning Wooden’s Day, and Middle English Wednesdei, “day of Wodanaz” (Wikipedia). In Latin, Wednesday translates to “day of Mercury.” Also known by the slang term, ‘Hump Day’ meaning by the end of the day you have successfully made it over the hump and are on the down slide to the weekend.

Leaving the slang in the streets we take a look at the rich history of Wednesday, starting with the roots of from which it received its name – from the gods of Woden and Mercury.

Woden was the chief Teutonic god, the All-Father. His name translates to “raging, mad, inspired”. Perhaps Wednesday has improved its reputation over time… The other root comes from the Roman messenger god Mercury, who was the god of trade and commerce. Even today Mercury makes the top 10 list of Roman gods.“

http://frontporchdenver.com/where-did-the-term-hump-day-come-from/

so the fact now is that we are getting Teutonic God of rage, madness, and inspiration...Or  Roman god mercury to deliver the mail...

it’s simple you just have to dig... 

That's it then ,Gloster Gauntlet ,Bristol Blenheim or some thing else with a Bristol Mercury engine!

2 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I’m just joking.  It’s definitely the Hurricane.