MP servers suggestion

Tank Crew is having a very slow start in multiplayer. The only populated server with any tanks on it is Finnish Virtual Pilots - Dynamic War. I do see player controlled tanks on there from time to time (and was providing air support for one the other day).

If more tankers start hopping on there it might have a snowball effect. I'd suggest maybe some "drive-ins" organized by someone just like Flying Circus has for their Thursday and Sunday events.

http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/ru/?tour=11

Attention EFront server is a tank oriented server.Alot of players that use to visit it frequently go else where to play. It's pretty challenging for them.They would rather play against AI or have external views to make their lives easier :gamer:. But there's still plenty of guys playing there daily. Come and check it out!

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/ru/?tour=11

Attention EFront server is a tank oriented server.Alot of players that use to visit it frequently go else where to play. It's pretty challenging for them.They would rather play against AI or have external views to make their lives easier :gamer:. But there's still plenty of guys playing there daily. Come and check it out!

Any changes in Efront server in the last year? The challenge in Efront were always the planes and lack of anti air guns.

Unfortunately there are no tank only servers. It is very easy to get killed by bombs or rockets, even by canons. The mighty IL2 has rockets and can destroy several tiger tanks. Missing anti air means often you get killed right after joining the server. 

Yes,a few things have changed.  Tank rammers get banned right away. There's a couple of new maps. Description to each mission.

Your best antiair is your mates that cover you from above. No matter how many AAA guns you put on a map they will all get destroyed if there's a need.

IL-2 is not mighty. Any 50 kg bomb from any plane dropped right will mess up any tank! Besides BF109 s as well as FW190 destroy tanks with just a cannon burst.  So I'm not sure whose mighty here.All I'm saying is the Efront is fun and challenging. But if someone is into blowing up paper thin AI tanks with just the MGs -there also servers for that.

5 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Yes,a few things have changed.  Tank rammers get banned right away. There's a couple of new maps. Description to each mission.

Your best antiair is your mates that cover you from above. No matter how many AAA guns you put on a map they will all get destroyed if there's a need.

IL-2 is not mighty. Any 50 kg bomb from any plane dropped right will mess up any tank! Besides BF109 s as well as FW190 destroy tanks with just a cannon burst.  So I'm not sure whose mighty here.All I'm saying is the Efront is fun and challenging. But if someone is into blowing up paper thin AI tanks with just the MGs -there also servers for that.

Il2 is the best fighter-bomber we have. Germany got the tiger, russia has the IL2. Thats the way it was. Nothing to complain but hard time for german tanker if you have no air support. That is the biggest disadvantage for all tanker out there. Dedicated tank server would be the best. Without anti air Efront is still not enjoyable for solo tanker.

Edited by JG27_Steini

By the way,there are AAA guns at every spawn area on every map.And they respawn every 5 or 10 minutes after being destroyed. Some people just wanna stroll on their Tiger with the hatch open,wearing white gloves and drinking coffee, have a dozen of AAA trucks right next to them and blast everything with one shot 5 km away.Like i said-not everyone can gut the EFront server .Usually after a couple of deaths come the complaints about unfair AT guns,lack of AAA,uneven numbers of players etc. etc. 

11 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

By the way,there are AAA guns at every spawn area on every map.And they respawn every 5 or 10 minutes after being destroyed. Some people just wanna stroll on their Tiger with the hatch open,wearing white gloves and drinking coffee, have a dozen of AAA trucks right next to them and blast everything with one shot 5 km away.Like i said-not everyone can gut the EFront server .Usually after a couple of deaths come the complaints about unfair AT guns,lack of AAA,uneven numbers of players etc. etc. 

Do you think it is fun to be beaten up right after joinning? The last time i joined Efront 2 IL2 where circling over spawn point killing every tank with rockets. This is not "death" by your definition, it is just vulching. I had some great moments on Efront server, but there are other server where the community and behaviour is much better. In my point of view vulching tanker right from the start is very foolish and i dont want to play with such a community. Never had those experiences on other tank server. If many people tell you that there are problems, maybe they are right. Think about it. 

Edited by JG27_Steini

@JG27_Steini - I'd say - very very strange complaints. Capturing enemy spawn point (base) is the key part of MP game. Blocking it before caprturing by tank fire from ground or airstrafe from air is major part of it. If you get instant kill right after spawn it is not just "force major", this is partially your own choice. The game itself show you when your base is under attack (that little sword sign over base). You can also request teammates in gamechat about combat situation near base. And again - nobody force you to spawn again and again under fire..

Edited by Lofte

Soooooo you've never been killed at the spawn on Finnish server???!!!Do you only play when there's no enemies? There's been instances where i start in a tank next to Soviet Troops position on Finnish and see stukas and 110s blowing everything around me to hell. The AAA guns are history at that point. The 109s and 190s took care of that already. And as soon as they see me moving towards the trees the beating starts. Non stop.Over and over. Now how is that different than EFront? Perhaps you meant some other servers that we don't know about?:salute:

Edited by RIVALDO
4 hours ago, Lofte said:

@JG27_Steini - I'd say - very very strange complaints. Capturing enemy spawn point (base) is the key part of MP game. Blocking it before caprturing by tank fire from ground or airstrafe from air is major part of it. If you get instant kill right after spawn it is not just "force major", this is partially your own choice. The game itself show you when your base is under attack (that little sword sign over base). You can also request teammates in gamechat about combat situation near base. And again - nobody force you to spawn again and again under fire..

Sure i was waiting some minutes and joined again. You dont know who is attacking base, so you want to defend it against tanks. This is the meaning of the symbol, not to run away. Efront had much more red pilots. There are only a a few blue one, no chance to ask for help. When it come to fairness and community there are better server. This is my opinion and i dont want to advice new tanker here to deal with such behaviour. Finish server for example has huge camps with much defense. The chance of being killed direct from start is very small and the community is very good there. i recommend that server for beginner.

4 hours ago, Lofte said:

Another strange experience on Efront was that river crossing map. T34 and KV were well hidden behind river. There were no targets for blue except the camp in the east. You did not even came close to the bridges because the tanks were killing you through vecetations and buildings. Who is building those missions, where one side had no chance to even get to the other side? Dont tell me now that i had to bomb the defenses away, because i wanna play tanks on a tank server. I understand that the mission designer want to make it difficult, but blue tanker are dying and dying by bad mission and game bugs. Do you think the server can hold up a balanced community when one side has all advantages, and the other side has to deal with it? This might be the reason why most player play russion on Efront. The OP asked for a good community and Efront has by far the worst of all tank server.

Edited by JG27_Steini

It's obvious that our definitions of "fairness" are differ.

I don't consider vulching and respawn killing as something unfair or bad. As I said before, it is major, key part of MP game. It makes the game more interesting, enjoyful and more dynamic.

I would not advice Finnish server because of several reasons

1) huge distanses between bases (but if you have a lot of time - there is no problem of course)

2) small number of tankers

3) only 2 tanks per side (T-34 + Sherman vs Pz-4 and 3)

4) it's a primary air-battle server, tanks are secondary, Nobody cares about to create some special various tactical situations for tanks. You have 2 bases and long road between them, that's it

Edited by Lofte
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So,sometime last year,after the blue players gave up and started complaining, we(the reds) started playing on blue side. And made a couple of blitzkriegs no problem right away! Then when blue players joined the server and saw us playing on the blue side,they switched to the red side. AND GUESS WHAT? Same complaints:unfair placing of the AT guns.Too many aviators.Not enough AAA cover :dash:. Maybe it's not the poorly made maps or a bad community. Maybe it's the lack of experience, strategy and teamwork?

If a new player wants some action, he should do it on MP server. Otherwise a quick mission is just fine:gamer:

And speaking about fair community...i got rammed in my tank 3 times in one trip.And almost got banned from the server for calling those rammers kamikaze!!! Haha! Great community!

Edited by RIVALDO
13 minutes ago, Lofte said:

It's obvious that our definitions of "fairness" are differ.

I don't consider vulching and respawn killing as something unfair or bad. As I said before, it is major, key part of MP game. It makes the game more interesting, enjoyful and more dynamic.

I would not advice Finnish server because of several reasons

1) huge distanses between bases (but if you have a lot of time - there is no problem of course)

2) small number of tankers

3) only 2 tanks per side (T-34 + Sherman vs Pz-4 and 3)

4) it's a primary air-battle server, tanks are secondary, Nobody cares about to create some special various tactical situations for tanks. You have 2 bases and long road between them, that's it

Then you are right, we see it differently. But i can not see any fun be constantly killed at base. I play this game as a simulation, not as an action game. I want to start my engine, enable all advices, check the map and read the mission and making any plan. I enjoy my virtuell live. Being killed from circling pilots waiting for player joining the map differs to all my understand of a simulation. 

16 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

And speaking about fair community...i got rammed in my tank 3 times in one trip.And almost got banned from the server for calling those rammers kamikaze!!! Haha! Great community!

You just prooved it. The community an this server is bad. Thank you.

49 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

one side has all advantages, and the other side has to deal with it

That's really unfair, untrue and biased statement. I didn't see any map with some signful advatage for one or another side.

Btw - have you ever try to play T-34 or KV? Or SU-152 against Tiger or Ferdinand? I did. And I can say that good axis tanker instantly becames average or even bad riding on red tanks. All that teardrops about "advantages of red side" make me really laugh.. The red side have only one advantage - IL-2 with rockets under wings. That's the only real red advantage.

8 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

I play this game as a simulation, not as an action game.

Oh, really? Then why you spawn on base under attack, not on base in deep rear?) On E-Server you always have the choice where to spawn (exept of some rare hopeless situations). If you have no choice - probably you should not to spawn at all, your team is already defeated in 90% cases.

24 minutes ago, Lofte said:

That's really unfair, untrue and biased statement. I didn't see any map with some signful advatage for one or another side.

Btw - have you ever try to play T-34 or KV? Or SU-152 against Tiger or Ferdinand? I did. And I can say that good axis tanker instantly becames average or even bad riding on red tanks. All that teardrops about "advantages of red side" make me really laugh.. The red side have only one advantage - IL-2 with rockets under wings. That's the only real red advantage.

Oh, really? Then why you spawn on base under attack, not on base in deep rear?) On E-Server you always have the choice where to spawn (exept of some rare hopeless situations). If you have no choice - probably you should not to spawn at all, your team is already defeated in 90% cases.

Than you lie or never played that map on german side. It is a russian camp behind river with 1 brigde and forest. Several T34 in forest and above the river on a hill killing everyting through forest. One time 3 Tiger tanks tried to clear the forest and were all killed by invisible tanks inside trees. The AI started shooting while you are in the city behind buildings. Great mission design 🤢

You dont need to blame german tanker, it is a server discussion, dont mixed it or you just proove my "bad" community statement.

Edited by JG27_Steini
47 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

You just prooved it. The community an this server is bad. Thank you.

Uhm...that happened on The Finnish Virtual Pilots actually....If you haven't noticed I'm trying to defend The EFront Server here.Not poor feces all over it like someone. 

5 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

Than you lie or you did not saw this map

I don't know what map do you mean exactly, but if you tell that mission maker deliberately did some advantages for red side - you should present something more significant than just words. I can recall 4 maps of E-Server with bridges and no one side has some significant advatages there.

1 hour ago, JG27_Steini said:

You might read the official EFront Server thread. It tells everything. No further comments nessesary.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/43793-efront-server/

Thanks for sharing. But like i said earlier- you will get banned for ramming a tank. That was an issue two years ago. Also, like i said earlier- ppl want to drive their Tigers effortlessly,killing everything in their way.. Play offline then.There are no enemies. 

5 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

Thanks for sharing. But like i said earlier- you will get banned for ramming a tank. That was an issue two years ago. Also, like i said earlier- ppl want to drive their Tigers effortlessly,killing everything in their way.. Play offline then.There are no enemies. 

You better listen to the community, your effort might be better appreciatet. Offending player shows your and the server attitude. It is a shame.

Edited by JG27_Steini
1 hour ago, JG27_Steini said:

It tells everything

No, it tells only that admin has bad manners and some time ago condoned some jerks. It doesn't tell that there are some problems with maps or ballance. You don't have to speak with him every time you play) BTW - As you maybe know, all admins of WOL get banned on official forums because of they manners. Everybody. Only because of their offencive talks to devs. It doesn't tell us that WOL is a crap server, right?

Edited by Lofte
1 minute ago, Lofte said:

No, it tells only that admin has bad manners and some time ago condoned some jerks. It doesn't tell that there are some problems with maps or ballance. You don't have to speak with him every time you play) BTW - As you maybe know, all admins of WOL get banned on official forums because of they manners. Everybody. Only because of their offence talks to devs. It doesn't tell us that WOL is a crap server, right?

I have played Efront alot, there were/are problems with community and maps. You can not just argue "deal with it" or "Play offline then". 20 years ago i made the first IL2 online war (IOW) and we had also admin problems. The result was that we had to cancel it. If the admin doesnt not controll behaviour of people and make the game as balanced as possible, it will ruin you, sooner or later.

18 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

You better listen to the community

There were some legit points that got fixed.It took Awhile. But there also were players that complained about similar things you are complaining. So they left the community and probably still waiting for a new tank server to magically appear ...They stop by once in a while. And they are always welcome on the EFront Server.The maps were designed and then later adjusted, so there's no disadvantage to either sides. The group i play with switches sides every month to make sure its fun and fair to play for the Reds and the Blues.

3 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

problems with community and maps

Yeah, probably you really shouldn't play on E-Server..) Every time you get killed always anybody will be guilty - except you. Rude russian admin, wrong tankset, unfair map, vulchers, chiters, bloody Putin, KGB, martians etc. It's easiest way to excuse your fails - to say that server is crap..

8 hours ago, Lofte said:

Yeah, probably you really shouldn't play on E-Server..) Every time you get killed always anybody will be guilty - except you. Rude russian admin, wrong tankset, unfair map, vulchers, chiters, bloody Putin, KGB, martians etc. It's easiest way to excuse your fails - to say that server is crap..

Just not true, i play and die in finish server often and never ever complained about it. Did you even saw me complaining other server? I reported problems and bugs and helped the admin with it. You might think this post and make it a better server instead of calling other bad player to verify your arguments (just dump). I play IL2 over 19 years now and would have had a heart attack if i would complaining. If you dont want to read criticism, you should leave the forum or better the internet.

11 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

There were some legit points that got fixed.It took Awhile. But there also were players that complained about similar things you are complaining. So they left the community and probably still waiting for a new tank server to magically appear ...They stop by once in a while. And they are always welcome on the EFront Server.The maps were designed and then later adjusted, so there's no disadvantage to either sides. The group i play with switches sides every month to make sure its fun and fair to play for the Reds and the Blues.

That sounds good. I will give it a try later. Thank you for the honest words. Very much appreciated.

Edited by JG27_Steini
2 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

If you dont want to read criticism, you should leave the forum or better the internet.

I see no reasonable adequate criticism here. Only biased slander with no facts or reasonable arguments. I think all of this is based on constant fails to succeed. You better to find reason of your fails in yourself. Not in a server, admin or somewhere else.

Edited by Lofte
1 hour ago, Lofte said:

I see no reasonable adequate criticism here. Only biased slander with no facts or reasonable arguments. I think all of this is based on constant fails to succeed. You better to find reason of your fails in yourself. Not in a server, admin or somewhere else.

Not a fact in your mind, but it is a fact for many other pilots that had left Erfont and it was not for you but for the OP. The Efront thread is full of such comments. Your mind is not interessting for me, it might only be for the OP. You might question him personally. And as Rivaldo just stated there were problems and it was fixed, so even the developer saw problems. I am courious and will soon test it. 

Edited by JG27_Steini