Official Historical Campaign "Wind of Fury"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1CGS
1 hour ago, J-j- said:

Is it possible to "skip" a mission, when you successfully bail out/crash land, and the game considers you failed the mission?

You need to land at Volkel to successfully complete any mission. The airfield switches to landing mode 5 minutes after your takeoff. Thus, you need to take off, fly for about 5 minutes (for example, fly to waypoint # 3) and then return to the airfield. As soon as you see the blue landing icon on the strip, you can land, the mission will be successful.

1 hour ago, Hirschmannhirschmann said:

Hallo,

bei mir lädt die Kampagne, friert dann aber ein. Ein Start ist nicht mehr möglich.🤨

Please, contact our support / Bitte kontaktieren Sie unseren Support

https://il2sturmovik.com/support/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I've been very busy for the last month and to be honest I forgot about this topic.

I'll try to answer all the previous questions a little later, if it still matters. I apologize.

• 1CGS
8 hours ago, Solitojorgesoo said:

I am asking again, I cannot camera record flights as in any other misions. Am I missing something  ?

Hi! I've checked 4 missions and I had no any problems to record tracks. Moreover, I know that I didn't put anything in the missions that could interfere with the recording of tracks.

I guess it's a technical issue at your side, try to contact support  https://il2sturmovik.com/support/

• 2 weeks later...

I played 3 missions, but I  had to stop because my GTX1080 can not handle all the clouds in VRmode. Reducing these clouds quality  does bring me very ugly white “shapes” that are constantly shimmering, so thats not an option. Yes my GTX1080 is the bottleneck so I’m into a running for an 3080 or an 6800XT it al depends on what I do get and then I will try again. 

Meanwhile I do hope 1C is going to do something about the always clear blue weather, sky banding and those bad made clouds. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:53 AM, Dutch2 said:

Meanwhile I do hope 1C is going to do something about the always clear blue weather, sky banding and those bad made clouds. 

The weather can be changed. It's not always clear blue sky with high level Cirrus clouds unless it is specified to be that way. I think the clouds look great on High where I set it in VR.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Team,

after starting mission 7 the loading screen works like expected up to the briefing menu.

As soon as reached the briefing menu the game freezes and I need to end it via Task Manager.

It happens every time. No problems with any other campaigns or missions, neither officials nor user made ones.

Restarting the game or PC has no effects.

No mods are in use.

There is a minimum of one more user with the same problem:

image.thumb.png.5644bf3844e0f3a25cbd7197042ade67.png

I enjoyed this campaign so far very much and my Thanks goes again to BlackSix for his great work.

If you need more information or data don't hesitate to ask.

In advance thank you for any kind of help or support,

Franky

image.thumb.png.746baf270cb238e642cc5ae7da682e7e.png

On 12/13/2020 at 9:17 PM, King_Franky said:

Hello Team,

after starting mission 7 the loading screen works like expected up to the briefing menu.

As soon as reached the briefing menu the game freezes and I need to end it via Task Manager.

It happens every time. No problems with any other campaigns or missions, neither officials nor user made ones.

Restarting the game or PC has no effects.

No mods are in use.

There is a minimum of one more user with the same problem:

I enjoyed this campaign so far very much and my Thanks goes again to BlackSix for his great work.

If you need more information or data don't hesitate to ask.

In advance thank you for any kind of help or support,

Franky

Edit:

Ok, it seems I found out where this bug is related to:

As mentioned above there is one more user with the same problem (Hirschmannhirschmannand he posted in german language...

So I changed in the regional settings the language from "German" to "English" and from now on mission #7 loads fine and I'm able to fly.

Changing back the language it freezes again.

Tomorrow I will check if missions #8 works with german settings again and report it to here.

Edit #2:

Mission #8 works fine with german language settings.

After finishing the campaign I will report here if mission #7 is the only one which is buggy.

Edit #3:

Finished the campaign, as already mentioned by BlackSix, only mission #7 needs to switched from german to english settings.

Stay safe and healthy,

Franky

Edited by King_Franky
updated
  • Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
21 hours ago, King_Franky said:

Edit:

Ok, it seems I found out where this bug is related to:

As mentioned above there is one more user with the same problem (Hirschmannhirschmannand he posted in german language...

So I changed in the regional settings the language from "German" to "English" and from now on mission #7 loads fine and I'm able to fly.

Changing back the language it freezes again.

Tomorrow I will check if missions #8 works with german settings again and report it to here.

Edit #2:

Mission #8 works fine with german language settings.

After finishing the campaign I will report here if mission #7 is the only one which is buggy.

Hi!

I couldn't imagine that the problem was in localization and therefore I advised the previous user to contact support. But the problem is really in the German localization, it will be fixed in the next patch.

Our translator made a mistake with the formatting of the text and I didn't find it. I checked the rest missions - everything is fine there ( I hope).
Thank you very much for helping to find the issue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Hi!

I couldn't imagine that the problem was in localization and therefore I advised the previous user to contact support. But the problem is really in the German localization, it will be fixed in the next patch.

Our translator made a mistake with the formatting of the text and I didn't find it. I checked the rest missions - everything is fine there ( I hope).
Thank you very much for helping to find the issue!

That's natural, thank you for your great work!

On 10/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, PommyB said:

Why would I do that?

I think I know.

So you get to make your own mission without boring bits. Right?

Why not just have missions without boring bits?

Or a faster time multiplier?

Flying for 30 minutes for 30 secs of action is ...well....disappointing.

Salutations,

Real life and simulated (IL2) combat experiences can be proceeded by hours of numbing tedium and concluded with moments of sheer terror. :coffee:

On 12/2/2020 at 2:37 PM, Jaegermeister said:

The weather can be changed. It's not always clear blue sky with high level Cirrus clouds unless it is specified to be that way. I think the clouds look great on High where I set it in VR.

Sure then explain on how to change the weather in this campaign, if this can be changed. 

About the sky/clouds, It all depends at what level you aspecting, for 2012 its was great, but for nearly 2021 its not. Now we can al discuss on what good or not, but if you take a look at the mods department an seeing all the big amounts of clouds and sky mods. I’m sure that not been made by the modders because the Box stock sky/clouds are state of the art. BTW I have set my to clouds to the highest possible settings. 

Edited by Dutch2
5 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Sure then explain on how to change the weather in this campaign, if this can be changed. 

The Campaign author, in this case BlackSix, would go into the ME and change it in the "atmosphere" drop down list.

I didn't say YOU could change it.

I'm about 70% thru this now. I am a firm believer of if you like something like this and there is the option to let the campaign maker know, I will do just that. Like with Gambit21's Havoc of Kuban A-20 missions. I can't sing this campaigns praise higher. Before I played this I saw the Tempest and was like okay cool, but never really thought about playing it. Then I started this campaign. I love the missions, the history, all of it. Il-2 always out does themselves as well as do the players who do things like this. I'm an SP only player. Multi-player isn't really my thing and don't really know anyone to play with. So I spend 100% of my time doing the career, user campaigns and just quick missions. This campaign like Gambits are reason I love this game and why SP can be enjoyable. Also being Squad lead. Thank you!! As much as AI has been improved over the years, being squad lead makes life so much easier. Thanks for this, and I look forward to future releases from you.

20201228035755_1.thumb.jpg.1550e1395b88ec2f5e682d5e65b9c927.jpg

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, CrazyJow said:

I'm about 70% thru this now. I am a firm believer of if you like something like this and there is the option to let the campaign maker know, I will do just that. Like with Gambit21's Havoc of Kuban A-20 missions. I can't sing this campaigns praise higher. Before I played this I saw the Tempest and was like okay cool, but never really thought about playing it. Then I started this campaign. I love the missions, the history, all of it. Il-2 always out does themselves as well as do the players who do things like this. I'm an SP only player. Multi-player isn't really my thing and don't really know anyone to play with. So I spend 100% of my time doing the career, user campaigns and just quick missions. This campaign like Gambits are reason I love this game and why SP can be enjoyable. Also being Squad lead. Thank you!! As much as AI has been improved over the years, being squad lead makes life so much easier. Thanks for this, and I look forward to future releases from you.

20201228035755_1.thumb.jpg.1550e1395b88ec2f5e682d5e65b9c927.jpg

Hi, CrazyJow.  I you like SP you might also look into PWCG.  There is a learning curve but IMO it is worth it.

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
18 hours ago, totalize said:

Got this crash playing this campaign. Second time its happened in both attempts at the campaign.

I guess this question is for the our support... I can't say anything about C++ Runtime errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1CGS
3 hours ago, alpenspion said:

Can you change the G-6 into G-6 late? It is more realistic (yellow eastern front band)

Yes, I already did it. I also added the С-47s to almost all missions, replaced the camouflages for the B-25 with more correct ones for the second half of 1944, and replaced old smokes with new uninterrupted ones. These updates for the campaign will be available in the next patch.

Also I plan to update all my three Stalingrad campaigns - Blazing Steppe, Fortress on the Volga and Ice Ring.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome news! And perhaps we'll get correct decals for all de different wingmen as well without having to download multi-GBs of skin packs... IL2 is really on a winning streak! (oh and small point of feedback: the custom voice overs in the hellhawks over the bulge p47 campaign added so much to immersion. I understand it's a lot of work, but I really hope that could be added to more campaigns.)

• 1CGS
38 minutes ago, blue_max said:

Awesome news! And perhaps we'll get correct decals for all de different wingmen as well without having to download multi-GBs of skin packs... IL2 is really on a winning streak!

Yes, but I don't know how soon they will be ready and this work will waste a lot of time since it will be necessary to set numbers for all aircraft including all AI planes in each mission.

38 minutes ago, blue_max said:

(oh and small point of feedback: the custom voice overs in the hellhawks over the bulge p47 campaign added so much to immersion. I understand it's a lot of work, but I really hope that could be added to more campaigns.)

It will take so much work that I'm not sure if I will do it. It is unlikely that Gambit21 will dare to repeat this feat))

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

It will take so much work that I'm not sure if I will do it. It is unlikely that Gambit21 will dare to repeat this feat))

Yeah I heard about that... But it seems like something that could be relatively painless. You just need some people that sound ok on the radio, get them to fly a mission in co-op, tell them roughly what to say, and then record their stuff. I'm probably being naive. But if you ever need anyone with a slightly Dutch accent, I'm up for recording some voice overs ;)

On 1/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, blue_max said:

Yeah I heard about that... But it seems like something that could be relatively painless. You just need some people that sound ok on the radio, get them to fly a mission in co-op, tell them roughly what to say, and then record their stuff. I'm probably being naive. But if you ever need anyone with a slightly Dutch accent, I'm up for recording some voice overs ;)

Relative to what, having wisdom teeth extracted? You just simplified a couple of hundred hours with a team of 10 volunteers over virtual communications down to the level of no big deal.

Yes, you are being a bit naive. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, DFLion said:

Thanks for this campaign 'BlackSix' - just finished all the missions and was very impressed. As you know with most of my missions I'm very big on flying historical missions or near historical missions because you are simulating close to what really happened and that's more satisfying for me personally. Your campaign follows what really happened with 486 Sqn (NZ) near the end of the war. As you say in your scripting there were some days where nothing happened and other days where you are lucky to survive.

I'm looking forward to having 'drop tanks' for the Tempests and getting the Typhoons into game. I'm gradually working on my own 'scripted campaign' which will be based on Pierre Closterman's memoirs in his book the 'Big Show'.

DFLion

486 Sqn NZ pic.jpeg

Cool DF Lion - Do you have an ETA on the Big Show Campaign yet? Its a very good book. I finished it recently.