Scripted campaigns not working - FIXED

Well, until so far all updates since i joined last year were improving IL2, a lot at times. Glad i  bought the direct IL2 versions, after a start with steam alas .. 

luckily  i flunked the two i bought there. No way back it seems from steam once signed a contract with that mob.

Now face the music of re-saving the missions?

Oops, i've collected quite a few so far, and also have quire some unfinished ones as i am still learning making stuff. All for the best i am sure.

Indeed previous missions won't load ........ QUESTION: should you re save all groups to

===========

ADDED sep 21: after a lot of things i found a few ways and work-arounds, f.i. that the in game paid for add-on campaigns are already pre fixed.

Leave them where they should be, and no problems then. I think Groups have no problems in the new ME;

i imported a few old ones, only a few old mission files with specific demo groups wouldn't load. I am trying to fix them still.

There are some specific issues with a few non 'factory' campaigns (and mission files) that might not let themselves to be loaded in the ME 4.501.

Hopefully some tips will soon be published, watch f.i. Jim_TM 's posts on the subject.

Edited by jollyjack

new install worked easily & I did as instructed & deleted MSNB files in all the Single Missions.Now I find a number of my Scripted Campaigns no longer work. I tried deleting all the MSNB files in one : Fortress Stalingrad, but only managed to really screw it up. Is there a quick easy way to go through all of the scripted campaigns so they'll work again? Seems to me I remember doing some trick in Mission Builder that corrects this problem, but not sure that works for Scripted Campaigns.Can someone show me the way ...and how the heck can I get Fortress Stalingrad up & going again?

3rd party missions and campaigns are not operational anymore... Of course the "old trick" of converting missions to binaries using the mission editor still works, so you can bring them back to life in most cases, but seriously, guys, do you think I wanna lose time doing this ?? ... As a member of the career mode/single player community, I feel a bit let down, despite the beautiful Tempest campaign. I understand that you can not offer any guarantee regarding 3rd party missions and campaigns, because.. well... they are not produced by you.. But you have to understand, no offense, that the SP community turns to them because of the poorly implemented career mode. 

Edited by Cleo9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

... Is there a quick easy way to go through all of the scripted campaigns so they'll work again? Seems to me I remember doing some trick in Mission Builder that corrects this problem, but not sure that works for Scripted Campaigns....

Tools menu > Resave all missions in folder.

This saves all the missions in a folder and in any subfolder of that folder.

• Upvote 1

Damn, what the problem with the missions descriptions not charging???!!!!

Do we have to fix that by ourselves???

7 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Hi, just delete the files with the msnbin extension and reopen the mission file and resave.

Just what?

Deleting msnbin, ok...

reopen the mission file ? And save? With what? ME? Notepad? And doing what else? Do we have to change something?

same process with the campaigns?

4 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

3rd party missions and campaigns are not operational anymore... Of course the "old trick" of converting missions to binaries using the mission editor still works, so you can bring them back to life in most cases, but seriously, guys, do you think I wanna lose time doing this ?? ... As a member of the career mode/single player community, I feel a bit let down, despite the beautiful Tempest campaign. I understand that you can not offer any guarantee regarding 3rd party missions and campaigns, because.. well... they are not produced by you.. But you have to understand, no offense, that the SP community turns to them because of the poorly implemented career mode. 

This +100 times. Atleast we need topic that tells how to make broken campaigns and missions to work.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

Many of my Scripted Campaigns no longer work so what’s the easiest/best way convert them to be useable again...isn’t there a “Save As” option that does that? I just can’t remember how it works....😰

8 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

use the folder re-save tool, not open the files directly. 😔

Can ou give me a quick “How to” on accessing this “Re-Save “feature? I remover having to do this some time ago and remember its done through the Mission Editor but can’t dredge up the procedure from there.I just need a little push.Thanks!🤢

37 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Can ou give me a quick “How to” on accessing this “Re-Save “feature? I remover having to do this some time ago and remember its done through the Mission Editor but can’t dredge up the procedure from there.I just need a little push.Thanks!🤢

Delete .msnbin files...

79569814_GBmsbin.jpg.6db4f0a4df372bf31b4e30c1ba7e44a6.jpg

Open the ME...that item at the bottom STEditor

623783546_GBeditor.jpg.a1577905d2dd8fefa2a9ee1df6a8fe8a.jpg

Go to Tools > Resave All Missions in Folder...

580084713_GBsaveall.jpg.b2ed01abb54c5e43c139d8fa14129e1f.jpg

Select the folder you want by looking in the data > Missions folder

1571957332_GBsavefolderlocation.jpg.4a86f43868c7a7062d2c3b6cab0ebf0c.jpg

Then go get a cup of coffee or eat lunch.

Edited by busdriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Delete .msnbin files...

79569814_GBmsbin.jpg.6db4f0a4df372bf31b4e30c1ba7e44a6.jpg

Open the ME...that item at the bottom STEditor

623783546_GBeditor.jpg.a1577905d2dd8fefa2a9ee1df6a8fe8a.jpg

Go to Tools > Resave All Missions in Folder...

580084713_GBsaveall.jpg.b2ed01abb54c5e43c139d8fa14129e1f.jpg

Select the folder you want by looking in the data > Missions folder

1571957332_GBsavefolderlocation.jpg.4a86f43868c7a7062d2c3b6cab0ebf0c.jpg

Then go get a cup of coffee or eat lunch.

This ^^  @Blitzen

22 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

This ^^  @Blitzen

Can I simply use the option of 'Re-saving all the groups in the folder"...say the "missions " or "campaigns"folder after I have deleted all the MSNB files or do you recommend doing it one folder at a time?

34 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Can I simply use the option of 'Re-saving all the groups in the folder"...say the "missions " or "campaigns"folder after I have deleted all the MSNB files or do you recommend doing it one folder at a time?

I resaved the missions folder instead of the individual missions. Just played one of the missions and it worked. So I think the answer is yes you can. But I didn't delete any files first - should I have? Not noticed any problems yet from not doing that but  if you see a post from me in a couple of days asking how do I reinstall the game  you can draw your own conclusions!

46 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I recommend following the steps exactly as I posted. Skip deleting the .msnbin files if you want. But use Resave All Missions in Folder not Resave All Groups...

I say again use Resave All Missions.

• 3 weeks later...

4.501 re-save business:

I got campaigns and missions working, some needed some special ME treatment. Like effects needing a reset to ground.

I had to erase the mtreecache.eng and ctreecache.eng files first before booting the game.

Then i found i lost all my reached levels in my campaigns. Tried inserting an old swf Il2 usersave folder, but that did not work.

Edited by jollyjack
7 hours ago, jollyjack said:

I had to erase the mtreecache.eng and ctreecache.eng files first before booting the game.

Then i found i lost all my reached levels in my campaigns. 

Just as a precaution, you should rename those file extensions .bkup instead of deleting them. The program will regenerate a new blank file and if you have any problems you can easily restore them by renaming the file extension again. 

I guess you found out the ctreecache file stores your campaign progress, not mission names.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, busdriver said:

Skip deleting the .msnbin files if you want. 

Some missions will not run if you do not do this.

Then resave files in folder....

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Thanks 1