Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

so may i know what rules im breaking posting art?

i dont know what to post so it doesnt get deleted

as a matter of fact may i know whose deleting them in case i just should quietly leave?

i dont understand why because posting a piece of my innocent art i have to start the day in a bad mood

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, raaaid said:

i dont know what to post so it doesnt get deleted

as a matter of fact may i know whose deleting them in case i just should quietly leave?

i dont understand why because posting a piece of my innocent art i have to start the day in a bad mood

Until now, I don't see any reason why your art posts should be deleted. Art is a broad subject and it always depends on the intention of the artist

and on the other hand on the interpretation of the beholder - sometimes it's a little bit of a tightrope walk.

As long as art is not discriminating, does not break ethic rules, all is fine. Although sometimes art needs to break these rules to portray some

serious grievances - there are many many examples in art history where this happened.

Go on, mate, don't worry.

Cheerio

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Do not go quietly into that good night Raaaid. Rage! Rage against the night!

Half the reason I come to these forums is to see what you're shitposting about and who is complaining about it.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Art of course is very subjective. I personally think most "modern" art is a con job where talentless "artists" con super rich people into buying their " masterpieces". The Emperor's New Clothes always springs to mind when some art critic pontificates about the anger of the subject when referring to squiggles on a canvas or how an unmade bed is a work of art. Having said that if you find enjoyment and passion with your artwork keep on going.  Some of my favourite art is from the Pre-Raphaelites. 

pre-raphaelite-art-pre-raphaelite-art-23219500-1600-1200.jpg

Boreas-1903.jpg

cowper.jpg

Edit:

I also like the art of William-Adolphe Bouguereau.

William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_-_Gabrielle_Cot_-_Sotheby's.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
See edit
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Art of course is very subjective. I personally think most "modern" art is a con job where talentless "artists" con super rich people into buying their " masterpieces". The Emperor's New Clothes always springs to mind when some art critic pontificates about the anger of the subject when referring to squiggles on a canvas or how an unmade bed is a work of art. Having said that if you find enjoyment and passion with your artwork keep on going.  Some of my favourite art is from the Pre-Raphaelites. 

Boreas-1903.jpg

cowper.jpg

Edit:

I'd agree, this is art. To me so much of "art" after the 1930's is just pompous idiots performing mental gymnastics to prevent themselves from being criticised for a lack of talent. Ie, if you don't like my art you are culturally/intellectually inferior, so you should buy this dross to impress upon the world how "cultured" (conformist) you are. So much trash, dross and utter nonsense selling for millions of dollars so one monkey can impress another.

However, when a genuine attempt a self expression is made that defies conventinality or does not conform to artistic norms but, in itself, contains some artistic instinct that values expression over conformity is made then I have to re-evaluate my definition. Even though the medium becomes exponentially exploitable as the standards are lowered.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Jazz music

You take that back!

For Sidney Bechet

That note you hold, narrowing and rising, shakes
Like New Orleans reflected on the water,
And in all ears appropriate falsehood wakes,

Building for some a legendary Quarter
Of balconies, flower-baskets and quadrilles,
Everyone making love and going shares—

Oh, play that thing! Mute glorious Storyvilles
Others may license, grouping around their chairs
Sporting-house girls like circus tigers (priced

Far above rubies) to pretend their fads,
While scholars manqués nod around unnoticed
Wrapped up in personnels like old plaids.

On me your voice falls as they say love should,
Like an enormous yes.  My Crescent City
Is where your speech alone is understood,

And greeted as the natural noise of good,
Scattering long-haired grief and scored pity.

- Phillip Larkin.

HELL YEAH.- diggun.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Modern Art was given to us for the same reasons we got Jazz music.

Culture destruction !

Very dangerous your statement - reminds me of the late 30's when some brown despots defined what culture and art is, especially the art they didn't

like or not Aryan enough was considered as "Entartete Kunst" (degenerate art) - so be careful with such statement, or was it even intentionally?

Hope not for you.

Cheerio

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Now steady on...

35 minutes ago, THERION said:

Very dangerous your statement - reminds me of the late 30's when some brown despots defined what culture and art is, especially the art they didn't

like or not Aryan enough was considered as "Entartete Kunst" (degenerate art) - so be careful with such statement, or was it even intentionally?

Hope not for you.

Cheerio

You should know, most of it ended up in Switzerland didn't it ?

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Confused 1

It might be one admin with a fixed idea. 
but they own it and can do what they like 

For me art give me something. Modern or not. You give me a smile on my face quite often, some days cause of concern. 
But I like the smiling days. 
Just ignore the admins as long as you ain’t get any specific warning

It's actually quite captivating when you stare at bits of it. 

What I would say, is if you want to portray beauty.. Beauty = Symetry. 

S! 

10 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Boreas-1903.jpg

cowper.jpg

Edit:

this art is really good it looks even better than a photograph but somethings missing

the chicks are not that pretty theyre more like ugly

now manara and me can render pretty chicks and thats a godly gift:

milo.jpg

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Modern Art was given to us for the same reasons we got Jazz music.

Culture destruction !

I think we got it for the same reason that more people have a car, TV, radio etc. Things that were once the domain of the very wealthy and priveledged opened up to the domain of the commonplace, average person because of a general increase in standard of living, income, literacy, spare time etc. For the vast majority of our history most human beings were little more than self replacing farm equipment. It turns out that if you improve the standard of living of your bio-mechanical farm equipment to a great enough extent, it starts taking an interest in things like musical instruments, poetry, painting and all manner of creative pursuits. 

So if we got jazz music it was because the farm owner class realised that they could make a few bucks out recording it on wax disks and selling it to the wider market of self replicating farm equuipment who were in increasing need of distraction and diversion due to being replaced by actual machines. This annoyed some people in Europe who didn't like having their farm equipment listen to that kind of thing whilst self replicating. It also annoyed other people in Europe who lived further East, who wanted their farm equipment to paint tractors and become cosmonauts instead of listening to John Lennon dribble on about holding some girls' hand. Then it annoyed soccer moms who actually believed that excessive hairspray and flying vee guitars were literally diabolical in nature. Yes, satan himself was responsible for 80's hair metal according to some folk. 

I don't think our culture is being destroyed or undermined, it's just altered relative to the common person's capacity to contribute to it so it's not as "high brow" as it once was which is two edged sword. The overall standard might be degraded but the opportunity to improve or contribute is no longer so tighly restricted. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Putting a P-51 in is cheating. It just makes anything an automatic masterpiece.

49 minutes ago, raaaid said:

this art is really good it looks even better than a photograph but somethings missing

Many of the Pre-Raphaelite artists would use the same models. Bouguereau used the same models in many of his works and he painted exactly what he saw.

reverie-1894.thumb.jpg.8ba689bb0c14ab9da4b9662ecd69cc16.jpg     539997720_download(21).jpg.410081b55c22f55d626004be11efef2d.jpg   

I think his portrait work in particular is stunning.

William-Adolphe_Bouguer(1898).thumb.jpg.de64c2a331ff94dfcd2fb7937b7bb28d.jpg

He was painting real people and captured a wonderful moment in time.

63edf1e4fb63fb73d5f7f6f50fa28563--william-adolphe-bouguereau-oil-paintings.jpg

harvester-1875.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Some of my favourite art is from the Pre-Raphaelites

Nice to hear that.  When I was in my 20’s I read News from Nowhere by William Morris.  It caused me to quit my job and seek a profession in the arts.  I’ve been in it ever since.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raaaid said:

now manara and me can render pretty chicks and thats a godly gift:

Pretty is not interesting for long. It is the same in film - all the actresses who are most captivating on screen have a touch of ugly, (not too much!) Pretty girls and the depictions thereof are two a penny and instantly forgettable.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Diggun said:

You take that back!

Sidney Bechet

Beautiful. I thank the African Americans for bringing us Jazz, Blues and ultimately Rock 'n' Roll. This music, hopefully, will never die. 

Now Rap. That is another matter! :blink:

• Haha 1

Haha I remember that Asterix comic.

2 hours ago, ST_Catchov said:

Now Rap. That is another matter! :blink:

You can blame MTV for that.

Edited by Ace_Pilto

hell he just killed me with a click like theres no consequences

probably my bigger mistake in life is to think the rest are like me, i should have guess not seeing everybody with masks

covid is harmless but theres hope world economy gets destroyed ill pray for it

It definitely seems personal.  Jason and Haashashin both said they didn't have a problem with your posts in the Free Subject section, so it must be someone else.

I'm sorry raaaid.  I feel like I'm seeing somebody being picked on in the schoolyard but can't do anything to help :(

1 minute ago, Feathered_IV said:

It definitely seems personal.  Jason and Haashashin both said they didn't have a problem with your posts in the Free Subject section, so it must be someone else.

I'm sorry raaaid.  I feel like I'm seeing somebody being picked on in the schoolyard but can't do anything to help :(

You're trying, that's enough 

i contacted hashisin to see whats going on

i think its luke

The best approach is to extend compassion rather than a blaming finger. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

25 minutes ago, Ace_Pilto said:

You're trying, that's enough 

20 minutes ago, raaaid said:

i contacted hashisin to see whats going on

i think its luke

To me Raiid this topic shows that under many’s alter egos in this forum of game and childish play. Where drama explode over nothing, it is kindness, art lovers , artist and compassion. 
I too find the locking pretty stupid, but it is owners right. Do not spend time and energy on it. Make a new topic. 

Imagen0433_zps756f966d.jpg

The 3D model of your Bf-109 needs some serious work dude. That canopy is not fooling anyone, 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ace_Pilto said:

The best approach is to extend compassion rather than a blaming finger. 

actually ill say luke have sometimes have nice moves i may make a portrait of him

anyway ivegone pretty fast from depression to anger to laughing again

for some reason depression doesnt last on me its substituted soon by anger and that by laughing about everything

Luke is a cool guy, he has contributed a lot and worked hard for the title mate. You and me are just weird guys lurking at the periphary who don't have a vested interest. I'd bet if we all sat down and had a few beers in the real world, things wouldn't get so tense.

Anyway, I used to kill peoplem with drones. Real life people. You could see their little white hot bits flopping about on the ground. Sometimes I wake up screaming because of the things I have done. But life goes on mate, forgive and forget because it is the best you can hope for in this world.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, raaaid said:

definitly feels strange to be hated to death just for being here

You're not hated, my friend. Just misunderstood sometimes. As we all are.

Just be you and that's fine with us. :drinks:

i dont know most people look bad at me and insult me from afar

i was thinking all this time it was momentary infernal posession but i also thought i could lose no teeth and just lost a fang

ive been thinking all these time everybody is good but im crazy and wrong

what on the other hand is calming and relaxing theres no big conspiracy against me

Edited by raaaid

On 9/16/2020 at 5:00 AM, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Art of course is very subjective. I personally think most "modern" art is a con job where talentless "artists" con super rich people into buying their " masterpieces". The Emperor's New Clothes always springs to mind when some art critic pontificates about the anger of the subject when referring to squiggles on a canvas or how an unmade bed is a work of art.

As someone who worked as a professional illustrator for many years, I completely agree.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, raaaid said:

i dont know most people look bad at me and insult me from afar

Because it's cheap, it's easy, and it feeds the beast inside.

The people who speak to you in a friendly manner are being far more honest with you. 

• Upvote 2