Sign in to follow this  
murkz

I know this is a crap idea

As a person who likes games with playable tanks, I have just about played them all, from Panzer Elite, T34 vs Tiger to Steel Beasts. I also play on occasion online first person shooters if I like the time frame they are set in. I have started playing Hell Let Loose (HLL) and Post Scriptum (PS) as they are both world war two titles with them being touted as historically acurate. The servers are usually pretty full with 100 players in HLL per server.

As a tanker I inevitably ended up as a tanker in game (bear with me). Both games allow for multicrew and you are punished with slow crew position changes if you solo a tank. Lets get this out of the way first, tanks in HLL are laughably bad and PS tanks are only slightly better than that. I will not go into details as that is not the point of my post.

The point of my post is these games are so much fun as a tanker with the target rich, immersive environments. You do actually feel like you are in a battle and those pesky infantry are everywhere. I know this is a left field suggestion but how about infantry players being added to Tank Crew servers. We often see FPS have tanks as decoration really but with tanks to the fore front and infantry added it could well be the simulation of my dreams.

So adding infantry players to Tank Crew servers is my crap idea :)

Edited by murkz
  • Like 1

I would like to play some day really realistic FPS shooter with tanks, not the crap like Post scriptum or Hell let loose.

I really do, but I want TC to be the most realistic Tank simulator with AI infantry only.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Those games look awesome. Wish it was in VR though. Maybe we can have hope with TC.

• Like 1

We are getting ai infantry. Nobody knows how well they will be implemented. It seems like its not an easy thing to do to add ai infantry. A real challenge for them.

If players were to be able to play as infantry it would only be from the perspective of humans ordering large ai formations of infantry around.

I don’t think you will ever see fps infantry. 

As an aside. Without the promise of ai infantry I would never have pruchased tank crew.

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2020 at 4:31 AM, murkz said:

As a person who likes games with playable tanks, I have just about played them all, from Panzer Elite, T34 vs Tiger to Steel Beasts. I also play on occasion online first person shooters if I like the time frame they are set in. I have started playing Hell Let Loose (HLL) and Post Scriptum (PS) as they are both world war two titles with them being touted as historically acurate. The servers are usually pretty full with 100 players in HLL per server.

As a tanker I inevitably ended up as a tanker in game (bear with me). Both games allow for multicrew and you are punished with slow crew position changes if you solo a tank. Lets get this out of the way first, tanks in HLL are laughably bad and PS tanks are only slightly better than that. I will not go into details as that is not the point of my post.

The point of my post is these games are so much fun as a tanker with the target rich, immersive environments. You do actually feel like you are in a battle and those pesky infantry are everywhere. I know this is a left field suggestion but how about infantry players being added to Tank Crew servers. We often see FPS have tanks as decoration really but with tanks to the fore front and infantry added it could well be the simulation of my dreams.

So adding infantry players to Tank Crew servers is my crap idea :)

Wondering if anyone here has Men of war assault squad 2 developed by 1C entertainment. I just saw an ad on steam for it. I wouldn't count on a FPS either in terms of the coming AI infantry,  but it could be something similar to Men of War assault squad 2.  

I have, very different kind of game, top overview tactical building game and not very realistic although a lot of options and stuff in the game to mess around with.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, SCG_judgedeath3 said:

I have, very different kind of game, top overview tactical building game and not very realistic although a lot of options and stuff in the game to mess around with.

You are right, it is a very different kind of game, but I was just focusing on the infantry part in relation to the upcoming addition of infantry for Tank Crew. I know that DCS also has infantry, but I am hoping that the team here is able to step it up a bit beyond that.

BTW, do you have, or have you ever tried Combat mission shock force 2? And how would you rate it in comparison to Men of war assault squad 2?

Hey, I used the WLA mod (Whole Lotta Altis) To turn Amra 3 into the Clone Wars. (SP or Co-op). It's crazy good. 

50 minutes ago, Taarna5533 said:

Iron Front mod Arma 3 is worth checking out.

Just checked that out. Like Post Scriptum, looks really interesting for playable infantry. But infantry for TC will likely follow more along the lines of what is in DCS, where you program it in the ME to have it move around. It would be really cool if they could incorporate infantry behaviors like you see in Men of War AS2. I don't have the game, but the gameplay on YouTube is pretty neat.