Sign in to follow this  
JG1_Butzzell

JG1 Practice

S! All

The traditional practice time for JG1 has been 9:00 pm Eastern North American time on Mondays and Thursdays. We have used this time to have some excellent fights with other squads and unaligned pilots. JG1 is not changing the time or days of practice, only the place. With the FiF Autumn 2020 campaign shifting to RoF, the JG1 practice will also be shifted from FC to RoF. JG1 will be on either New Wings or Cubans' Vintage missions server if it is running. We invite all with RoF to join us.

This not an abandonment of FC. On the contrary, you will still see JG1 in FC events such as Black September.

• Like 2

Information regarding the next Flanders In Flames (FIF) has been posted on the Rise of Flight boards:

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/57177-flanders-flames-autumn-2020/

We encourage people to vote in our "poll" there if they think they might be interested in flying.  This will help us gauge how many people we'll have.

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Understand.

What happens after this FiF, will you guys revert back to FC or will FiF stay on RoF until something changes with FC?

You you guys should look at some of those mods that made the terrain or clouds a bit better.

S!

We would like to use FC but at this time there has been no development.  For now, RoF just has so much more to offer, both in the variety of planes and features. We realize that many people will see this as a step backwards and will not participate. Some have moved on to VR and will not play RoF. Others have uninstalled RoF and do not want to put it back on their machine.

FIF will probably stay with RoF until FC gets some TLC from the Devs. ( hopefully very soon)

FiF will be MODS off. The terrain bump map mod can be installed with JSGME and the game can be played Mods off.

And J5_Klugermann, ahem, thank you very much for spilling the beans on the new bomb for the Gotha.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk said:

The terrain mod can be played in mods off? Did I get it right?

Yes, I have it installed and can play mods off. 

With HDR and super sampling, I really do not see a big difference with the mod installed.

I look forward to reading the highlights from this year's FiF.  A little weird to see it going back to RoF but the reasons given make perfect sense.  FiF could probably be simulated about as well in Elite:Dangerous right now, as in FC.

Regarding FIF 2020, please see the registration thread on the JG1 boards:

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/8291-fif-2020-fall-campaign-registration-rof/

Because we're starting both the Blue Team and the Red Team over again from scratch, everyone who intends to fly must register.  Even if you've been signed up for FIF before.  This goes for everyone, including members of the host squadron (JG1).

It's the only way to get an accurate count so that we can create the fairest simulated combat environment possible.

Thanks!

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Are those evening practices closed or are they open missions for others to participate? I had trouble getting RoF working on my computer for a couple months (I have no idea what it was, but it just stopped working one day with "Mods Off").  The other night I finally got it working again after I used "Recovery" in the RoF utility program and reloaded everything else. Assuming it stays working this time, I'm going to look back into RoF as an option.

• Thanks 1

I also had to use the "recovery" option to get ROF to work again. Anyone else with issues should try it before going through hair ripping actions.  🙃

Edited by JG1_Vonrd
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, NO.20_Krispy_Duck said:

Good flying with you in RoF tonight. Looks like my game is up and running again. Nice to have some different planes available.

Thanks Ducky for helping me with getting my game running, forgot how much fun ROF was. All those planes to choose from. Really isn't much difference in graphics either and at least you don't lose all your controls with the first burst. 

• Upvote 2