BOS no longer launches, starts then crashes with ntdll.dll error

So I've made no changes to my machine, no updates, nothing at all. Yesterday the game was working, today I launch it and it loads then crashes to desktop.

Event viewer states:

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5f3a7f47
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xb5beef21
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process ID: 0x3144
Faulting application start time: 0x01d689aead1bfeb0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 69944534-1f66-4897-a48f-4332805a8a0e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I dont have a logitech controller.....

none of  mydrivers have changed

any ideas?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what is the problem but its not just you. A few mates and some people on discord were also talking about crashes to desktops on the steam version. My game is also not working and some people are able to load in but all of their packs, eg BOS, BOM etc. don't show up and they cant fly any planes. 

Maybe everyone on steam* is effected?

• Upvote 3

Same here, I launch the game through steam, it shows the splash screen then it just crashes to the Desktop. Reinstalled twice now, no luck.

Game worked fine yesterday.

Oh snap, sort of glad its not just me affected - was worried Ive got a hardware issue.

But also my dissapointment is immesurable and my day is ruined. 😔 - really wanted to play this morning before life gets in the way.

Separately at least CLOD / Tobruk is ok so I can play that for a bit...guessing some files updated for BOS maybe and its a dev issue. - Do the devs see these posts or is there a more formal way to get support? - would I need to contact steam?

Edited by hal_900

I am not sure, maybe reporting it on steam? as that might get their attention 

Same here, was planning a IL-2 night :(

edit 

Ok, I opened the game through the steam folders and it works but I only have things that I bought from the il-2 website. Anything i bought on steam doesn't show up:(

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game

opened it from there but you need to sign in again. I restarted and it asked to link my steam and il-2 accounts again and when I click that it crashes again.

so idk

Edited by =RS=Staz

Problem here, too. A teammate can play with the normal client. One other teammate and I can't start via Steam. There is one corrupted datei if steam check the game but the new download changed nothing.... 

😐 CLOD just crashed on me as well. Mid dogfight just paused and quit to desktop.

Kernelbase.dll error and launcher.exe error.

Thinking about it a Windows 10 update did apply the other day

[120DIS]KathoriasTV

Having this issue, too, with the Steam version - the loading bar fills and then it just dumps me back to desktop. Game launches fine directly from the executable. 

Same here, exactly the same scenario, loading bar progresses all the way across and then drops to desktop just after I see the spinning wheel where the authentication goes through.

same problem here since today:

I launch IL-2 via steam , it loads, show the initial login window, and then CTD

If I run the Il-2.exe directly, I can login normally with  my 1C account and run the game without any issues. 

Never had any problme before.

Additional info:

Did not do any update recently. Everything started suddenly....yesterday it was running.

PC is update though...all drivers etc ok. Windows 10 64.

I already verified the integrity of the files, and steams reports it is not correct. It seems it donwloads it again, but that does not solve the problem (after rebooting etc). 

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Regards

Tbuc

Edited by ACG_Tbuc
  • Upvote 1
ColoniaLibre

I have the same problem. The IL2 Steam version crashes when loading the main screen.

If I turn off the internet connection, I can play offline without a game crash.

Last night (about 12 hours ago) there was an issue with the authentication server, but the game loaded, the error was displayed and you were able to play offline. I think there is an error with the authentication server and the communication between this server and Steam is broken or the data transfer is corrupt and crashes the game.

I couldn't get it to run at all with the Steam installed version, but I've found a workaround.

Download the installer from your IL-2 profile page and run it. Once it starts downloading, close it.

Go to your Steam IL-2 install and copy ONLY the data directory. Paste it into the new IL-2 installation overwriting any files when prompted.

Start the installer again and it will analyze the files, then carry on downloading the rest without all the steam links, dll's and hooks, but it will only need about another 100MB or so, so it's much quicker than a new install.

Launch the game and you'll be asked to login with your IL-2 account, and you're good to go!

Edited by Highwayman
=RS=rulezcz

same here. I thought I caused it by changing one graphic setting which required restart the game...no more Il-2 since then. Loads and crashes to desktop exactly as described above

I am having the same issues, i could not understand what was going on since i flew yesterday but seeing several people having the same issues its not my system causing this.

Same issue.

Going to your install folder >bin>game and launching from the .exe will get you in BUT looks like you won't be able to play any modules bought through Steam.

Odd.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see it's not just me. Played around midnight last night, no issues. Turned on PC today and crashed after the splash screen and loading bar went full. Same error code 0xc0000374 and fault with ntdll.dll.

As reported, can launch using main .exe in the steamapps game folder, but then I lose my BOS: Premium and only have my IL2 store purchases.

• Upvote 1

Happend to me too! I can run it through the .exe file but my additional purcheses are gone!
Seems to be a general problem since more than me have the same problem starting today!

=LD=Nephrill

Also the same on Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Yesterday the game worked fine. A repair of the game in Steam doesn't solve it. Also no recent install of a windows update that could cause this. Because many people have this issue it must be at the 1C Game Studio end.

In addition: When I disconnect from the internet, start the game and choose Login offline the game starts fine. So definitely something is wrong at the 1C Game Studio end.

I have the same issue here in Singapore. The game will load up with the red bar all the way, and then it ask me to sign in via steam or a link Il2 account. I've tried both options and I get kicked back to my steam home page. I think it's an issue with the login via steam. I have a partial solution ;

• location your il2 sturmovik file . steamlibrary / steamapps / common / Il2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad / bin / game / il2.exe
  • use il2.exe to launch the game and not via the steam home page. it should run

Hope this helps you all. 

28 minutes ago, 9M-Snafury said:

I have the same issue here in Singapore. The game will load up with the red bar all the way, and then it ask me to sign in via steam or a link Il2 account. I've tried both options and I get kicked back to my steam home page. I think it's an issue with the login via steam. I have a partial solution ;

• location your il2 sturmovik file . steamlibrary / steamapps / common / Il2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad / bin / game / il2.exe
  • use il2.exe to launch the game and not via the steam home page. it should run

Hope this helps you all. 

It doesn’t work, it was the first thing I tried here, the game doesn’t start, where’s the game support to help users WHO PAID FOR THE GAME?

I have the same issue. I've been able to get into the game via the local install, rather than through Steam, though now I'm unable to access any of the content I own except the base game.

This appears to have been resolved for me. I suspect there may be an steam authentication issue, given that individuals couldn't access content they owned.

Edited by morg
cardboard_killer

I seem to be available to start non-steam purchased stuff, which was almost everything except BoS, but must login off line.

I see the RoF is out online, too. I blame <insert candidate of choice>.

Sulojussipossu

Same problem, both from Steam client start and direct start.

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5f3a7f47
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xb5beef21
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process ID: 0x330
Faulting application start time: 0x01d689d8654586e1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 74095983-f04a-462b-b803-95a5f0bd6c15
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Problem repeats after reboots.